WrestleMania Daniel Bryan on if he will be involved in a match at WrestleMania 34

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score

WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan was in Abu Dhabi on Sunday to visit the Special Olympics IX Mena Games at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.

Bryan, who is currently on-screen on WWE programming as SmackDown's General Manager took time out to talk to The National about his visit, the impending show in Saudi Arabia next month, and his chances of being cleared by WWE doctors to compete at WrestleMania 34.

On if he will be involved in a match at WrestleMania 34 with rumours linking him to a possible tag match with Shane McMahon against Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

“I don’t know and I don’t think they know. I think it all depends on whether or not I get cleared. As of this moment, as of today, I am not cleared by WWE.

“I have done everything in my power. Everything they have asked me to and I have gone above and beyond as far as ‘Ok, what doctors do you need me to see. Send me to any doctor you want, any doctor that you want and lets get their feedback on what is going on with me’. So far every doctor has cleared me that they have sent me too and so there is a chance.

“I used to think that the percentage of the WWE ever clearing me was low. I think with the stuff that I have done it has gone a little higher but I don’t know how much higher.

“With how everything is there is one day to go if I don’t get cleared [storyline wise] and then there is another way to go if I am cleared. I am hoping to be cleared but I don’t know which way it goes.”

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I have already gotten to the point of not caring if he wrestles or not again. I don't think it is a good idea, all things considered, but if he did wrestle at Mania, it wouldn't get a reaction from me. Just meh.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
With all the issues Kurt has had, among other wrestlers, I don’t get how Bryan can’t be cleared to compete even once or twice a year, especially since tons of other docs are clearing him. Doesn’t make too much sense, but I would love see him at mania.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I tend to lean on the side that WWE has been so cautious with Bryan and have greatly affected the opinions of a large portion of wrestling fans to believe he's not capable of wrestling. I tend to believe Bryan when he says he has been cleared over and over again and is probably fine to wrestle. But I do understand WWE being cautious with someone who has had concussions in the past because if he gets another, they'll get blamed. But mostly, I think they've done a good job of making people believe his situation is worse than it is.

With all the issues Kurt has had, among other wrestlers, I don’t get how Bryan can’t be cleared to compete even once or twice a year, especially since tons of other docs are clearing him. Doesn’t make too much sense, but I would love see him at mania.

Yeah, that's the weirdest part because Angle's injury history is much, much worse than Bryan's.

Reaction score
I tend to lean on the side that WWE has been so cautious with Bryan and have greatly affected the opinions of a large portion of wrestling fans to believe he's not capable of wrestling. I tend to believe Bryan when he says he has been cleared over and over again and is probably fine to wrestle. But I do understand WWE being cautious with someone who has had concussions in the past because if he gets another, they'll get blamed. But mostly, I think they've done a good job of making people believe his situation is worse than it is.

Yeah, that's the weirdest part because Angle's injury history is much, much worse than Bryan's.
It also has to do with Vince Hates the Yes Chants and doesn't like the fact that it will take over the show which also hurts his golden boy roman reigns.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It also has to do with Vince Hates the Yes Chants and doesn't like the fact that it will take over the show which also hurts his golden boy roman reigns.

Well if he truly is insistent on wrestling again, then it would be better for him to wrestle elsewhere anyway. I'd much prefer to see him on a run in NJPW right now rather than WWE anyway.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

I’ve always said there’s more underlying reason for Bryan not returning to the ring, and this only proves it. Vince is prob afraid of belittling Roman at this point, which he’s always worried about that, but the only real threat right now would be Bryan.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
There is always the chance that WWE know how much the fans would love to see him back, just for the reactions alone. If he has been going above and beyond like he says maybe WWE are crossing every T & dotting every I and only then will they start to create a storyline where Bryan is (on-screen) demanding to come back on the back of seeing every doctor in the country clearing him and maybe reigniting a kind of bryan vs authority idea (if the sheild can be reunited then the authority could still come back in some format) or Bryan will be challenged in such a way they will build a story around the tagline "can he comeback?" putting as much doubt as possible around the build up of the feud/match for the ultimate payoff for Bryan, a return (in some capacity) and a win which sends the fans home happy.

It would be done in the same way they did HBK for summerslam 2002, with things like "Daniel Bryan is not even a B+ player, he's a failure" and going down the lines of the authority being proved right in that Bryan couldn't cut it at the top, his body couldn't take the demand and he simply wasn't good enough. At least that's my two cents in how it would go but until then i will be surprised if it actually happens or not. Purely speculating with this reply

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This is so painful to keep reading & hearing about.

Seriously...Daniel Bryan being cleared & CM Punk returning...I swear to fucking God.

The WWE WILL NOT CLEAR Daniel Bryan...not now...not ever...and if they
do I will eat an entire chocolate cheesecake on Skype for you all to watch.

The WWE does not want Daniel Bryan wrestling for them again...for 2 reasons...

1). The Concussion Lawsuit...
&
2). Roman Reigns being the top Babyface...

The WWE is not going to go to all this effort to get Reigns over and then simply
clear Bryan because they know what will happen.

The fans will just start chanting for Daniel Bryan at every opportunity and the
WWE does not want that.

They want the fans to cheer who they want...and that is Roman.

Bryan: "Are you going to clear me to compete?"

WWE: "No"

Bryan: "Goodbye!"

Rumor is they offered him a "role" at Wrestlemania and he turned it down because
it didn't involve him actually wrestling.

Daniel Bryan should walk away from the WWE & if he honestly believes he can
wrestle without turning himself into a vegetable...then fine...he can go and wrestle
elsewhere.

Bryan has a wife & a child now...so I truly hope he knows what he is doing.

It is easy for me to have this opinion because I have no emotional connection to
Bryan or Punk because I wasn't around to see them at the height of their popularity.

I am focused on the performers who are signed to the company & who can actually
wrestle.

All I know is that the WWE didn't want Bryan in the top spot & had him put Reigns
over...even though it pissed off nearly their entire fan base.

I personally don't think its healthy or right to keep Daniel (or Paige) around on TV if
they cannot compete in the ring. It is simply a tease for the fans which will end in
disappointment.

And we all know how good the WWE is at disappointing its fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This is so painful to keep reading & hearing about.

Seriously...Daniel Bryan being cleared & CM Punk returning...I swear to fucking God.

The WWE WILL NOT CLEAR Daniel Bryan...not now...not ever...and if they
do I we eat an entire chocolate cheesecake on Skype for you all to watch.

The WWE does not want Daniel Bryan wrestling for them again...for 2 reasons...

1). The Concussion Lawsuit...
&
2). Roman Reigns being the top Babyface...

The WWE is not going to go to all this effort to get Reigns over and then simply
clear Bryan because they know what will happen.

The fans will just start chanting for Daniel Bryan at every opportunity and the
WWE does not want that.

They want the fans to cheer who they want...and that is Roman.

Bryan: "Are you going to clear me to compete?"

WWE: "No"

Bryan: "Goodbye!"

Rumor is they offered him a "role" at Wrestlemania and he turned it down because
it didn't involve him actually wrestling.

Daniel Bryan should walk away from the WWE & if he honestly believes he can
wrestle without turning himself into a vegetable...then fine...he can go and wrestle
elsewhere.

Bryan has a wife & a child now...so I truly hope he knows what he is doing.

It is easy for me to have this opinion because I have no emotional connection to
Bryan or Punk because I wasn't around to see them at the height of their popularity.

I am focused on the performers who are signed to the company & who can actually
wrestle.

All I know is that the WWE didn't want Bryan in the top spot & had him put Reigns
over...even though it pissed off nearly their entire fan base.

I personally don't think its healthy or right to keep Daniel (or Paige) around on TV if
they cannot compete in the ring. It is simply a tease for the fans which will end in
disappointment.

And we all know how good the WWE is at disappointing its fans.
Agree with all of that except for the concussion lawsuit... if that were true, they wouldn’t let someone like Kurt wrestle, or hell even taker. WWE has one sole reason for not letting Bryan wrestle: he’s too over. It “could” damage reigns. And they don’t want that.

Sure, WWE is worried about concussions, but obviously not too much given the guys they still let wrestle, wrestle.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I we eat an entire chocolate cheesecake on Skype for you all to watch.

tenor.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Agree with all of that except for the concussion lawsuit... if that were true, they wouldn’t let someone like Kurt wrestle, or hell even taker. WWE has one sole reason for not letting Bryan wrestle: he’s too over. It “could” damage reigns. And they don’t want that.

Sure, WWE is worried about concussions, but obviously not too much given the guys they still let wrestle, wrestle.
Well...I was giving them the benefit of the doubt...as them simply
not clearing Bryan to protect Reigns is pretty fucking evil.

Angle & Taker shouldn't even be wrestling anyway...
Jesus they can barely move.

What is it with WWE fans wanting or accepting these old
has-beens with fucked necks, hips & knees stumbling around
the ring "wrestling" awful matches?

Fuck...no wonder the Cruiserweights can't get over...they move
too fucking fast for the fans to fucking follow.