Weekly TNA Impact Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Big Money Matt. lol.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

This is actually happening on Tuesday.

Full on yardtard fed confirmed?

Reaction score
This episode was pretty good. Opening match, things going on between Marie & Bennett vs Dixie, title vs title and THE MAIN EVENT OF COURSE. If TNA doesn't do what they usually do, which is screwing things up, they may get back on track. I watched Impact first time after Slammiversary or 2 months I am not sure. I am hyped for next week's episode. Hope Eddie wins but I think Bennett will interfere and company will be in much more chaos. That is something that can make things great if booked in a good way.

Stopspot

Reaction score
TNA are behind on paying talent again. The word going around is that they are roughly two tapings behind on pay after last night

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
TNA are behind on paying talent again. The word going around is that they are roughly two tapings behind on pay after last night
The obvious solution, to that problem, is hiring another high profile signee in Damien Sandow~

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I understand signing talent.
But Damien Sandow isn't really a talent that'll make me watch TNA. The only stars in the last 5 years that are capable of doing that were Hogan and Jeff Hardy. (From a casual viewers perspective.)
I've watched TNA since '06/'07(Can't remember.)

Stopspot

Reaction score
I understand signing talent.
But Damien Sandow isn't really a talent that'll make me watch TNA. The only stars in the last 5 years that are capable of doing that were Hogan and Jeff Hardy. (From a casual viewers perspective.)
I've watched TNA since '06/'07(Can't remember.)
I think you need to look at Sandow as a long term investment rather than a change the channel kind of guy.

He's a guy who has all the talent and tools they need to be able to build him up as one of their own and then build around him. Take a smaller win in the short term for a bigger return in the long term. He could be a new Bobby Roode type of guy for them with the right time and effort invested. EC3 is a example of TNA being able to still do this. EC3 is their guy going forward. He's the star for them now after like 3 years. Sandow could be something similar.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I would watch, but the real problem is not getting a proper TV network. With Spike they were getting 800,000 - 2 million viewers on any given night. Now they hardly break 300,000. That's more of them having a television network that isn't available in most standard cable packages, than not having the right talent. I watch the shows online, and I really enjoy Impact more than I do most RAWs, but the problem is, is that their network is so obscure that they can't reel in a lot of viewers. I don't like watching online, as I want to support them, but I'm not going to shuffle out more money for another 50+ channels that I'm not going to watch and a TV channel that has only 1 show that I wish to watch. I sincerely hope that they can find a television network that is widely available, and easily watchable.

Compared to Destination America, they're doing great. They have at least 20% more exposure than when they were with Destination America. But compared to Spike, it's a 20% decrease. Spike was also much more notable and popular among casual viewers, no one knows what Pop was before Impact came on it. They just know it was the channel used in the 80s when pre-packaged TV guides weren't around.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I think you need to look at Sandow as a long term investment rather than a change the channel kind of guy.

He's a guy who has all the talent and tools they need to be able to build him up as one of their own and then build around him. Take a smaller win in the short term for a bigger return in the long term. He could be a new Bobby Roode type of guy for them with the right time and effort invested. EC3 is a example of TNA being able to still do this. EC3 is their guy going forward. He's the star for them now after like 3 years. Sandow could be something similar.
Depends how far you look into it. I'm more happy on how EC3 turned out moreso than Galloway.
The thing I hate is when they sign these ex-WWE guys is they always have them come out and vent. I wish they did a similar style when they brought in Angle.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Depends how far you look into it. I'm more happy on how EC3 turned out moreso than Galloway.
The thing I hate is when they sign these ex-WWE guys is they always have them come out and vent. I wish they did a similar style when they brought in Angle.
Even Jeff Hardy returning was fine. Instead, they get these superstars and they always come out here, and say they weren't given a shot.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah. ex WWE guys coming in and cutting anti WWE promos is one of the cringiest things in wrestling. There's nothing original about it. There's also a double standard going since it isn't okay for guys that come into WWE to cut promos on the places they used to work (see the hate Styles got amongst TNA loyalists for talking negatively about TNA on the Austin pod and E&C show).

"Do people still say wrestling?"...Oh fuck off, Matt Striker.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah. ex WWE guys coming in and cutting anti WWE promos is one of the cringiest things in wrestling. There's nothing original about it. There's also a double standard going since it isn't okay for guys that come into WWE to cut promos on the places they used to work (see the hate Styles got amongst TNA loyalists for talking negatively about TNA on the Austin pod and E&C show).

"Do people still say wrestling?"...Oh fuck off, Matt Striker.
I kinda disagree with the AJ Styles thing because that's a totally different platform. You could say "Oh, it's under the WWE umbrella", but it's not really a wrestling show.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
How could TNA loyalist be offended by AJ Styles. The man was their backbone for 11 years, and they trashed him, misbooked and completely disregarded all his work because 2 washed up stars signed.

I mean that no offense to RVD since he's amazing, but RVD should've been used to give even more steam to AJ Styles.