Official WWE Spoilers Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Losing to a 10 time World Champion and a guy that Cena wouldn't be favored to go over in Rey one on one is embarrassing?

Baller

Reaction score
Losing to a 10 time World Champion and a guy that Cena wouldn't be favored to go over in Rey one on one is embarrassing?

:no: Cena is favored over everybody but your point is noted.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Considering that Edge and Rey get injured every time they open a door and need to both get the FUCK out of the WWE, and he jobs to them every single week, yes.

Baller

Reaction score
Considering that Edge and Rey get injured every time they open a door and need to both get the FUCK out of the WWE, and he jobs to them every single week, yes.

Does anybody actually understanding what jobbing means anymore?

What Kaval did agaisnt McIntyre is jobbing, Del Rio has not jobbed once.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Del Rio puts up a fight in every match he is in. He gets mic time. He gets put over commentary. He made an impact on day one.

Ted Dibiase said it best when he said "a good heel can keep their heat even after a 100 straight losses"

Kaval got squashed Baller, lets just call that what it really was. Tommy Dreamer was a glorified jobber/lovable loser, and Del Rio isn't close to being treated like he was for years in his matches. As it pertains to heels on SD in recent memory, Del Rio has looked stronger than Edge, Punk, Swagger, and Big Show.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Does anybody actually understanding what jobbing means anymore?

What Kaval did agaisnt McIntyre is jobbing, Del Rio has not jobbed once.
Who gives a shit about the technical terminology? He loses to them all the time. I don't care if he loses once or twice to them, everybody has to, but this many times is just getting out of hand. Am I supposed to take him seriously now? Because it's getting hard. And don't give me that "well, he's a heel, it's their job to lose to the face" shit. Does Sheamus job every week? Fuck no. He usually wins most of the time, or the match gets thrown out so he's protected. I wonder why that happens? Maybe because the Raw writers, unlike the SmackDown ones understand how to make stars because they aren't fucking morons.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Del Rio isn't jobbing however he isn't really going anywhere on Smackdown and is just losing senselessly. Would be better if he was losing with a purpose but that hasn't been the case in a minute.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I agree with your last sentence only, pyro.

The fact is Gerwitz is a lazy fuck. He can coast, throw out pointless comedy bits that aren't funny, not book long matches, and stretch segments out too long. However, when it comes down to it he can flip a switch and make compelling TV and characters.

He can make a feud like HHH vs Orton when it just began. He can make characters like The Animal, The Legend Killer/Viper, Super Cena, The Game, Rated R Superstar, Captain Charisma, The Rock, Casper, and so on. He can create stables like Evolution, Legacy, and Nexus. He just is the better writer.

I mean can anyone name the last great stable that Hayes made, the last great mainstay main eventer he created, or a stable/team to remember?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I cant recall how long he's been booking but if he was booking during the Cena time period then he helped create WWE's biggest star in Cena since he became a main eventer on Smackdown just got elevated into the guy when he went to Raw. They were having it right with Punk but then they fucked up with the Taker feud.

As far as stables I"m drawing blanks

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Hayes became the head writer in 06.

Heyman worked on the rapper gimmick with Cena and Stephanie fine tuned it to the Doctor of Thuganomics by Cena's own admission .

So use 06 as your time frame and then get back to me.

SAL

Reaction score
I'd love to know how PSYCH knows that Brian Gerwitz did any of that.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rock credits Gerwitz with working out his character with him and even giving him some material. Randy threw a bitch fit about being moved off Raw back in 05 because his booking and presentation would change. Dave in his documentary said he was upset when they moved him to SD and away from Raw's creative team who helped build his persona and establish Evolution. Christian in his shoot said one of the reasons he left was being moved away from BG (what he called him) and not having any direction from SD creative on his character, and that they wouldn't take his input. Lashley commended Gerwitz (also did Dusty and Heyman) for what he did for him on Raw behind the scenes and admitted that he and Hayes had problems in his shoot leading to him leaving SD for ECW because of the way he talked down to him and the other black wrestlers (Mark Henry incident anyone). That is just to name a few.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Since 06 then? Guess you can say Rey and Punk as the closest ones.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
@ Sal -

Most wrestlers who have been on both brand and do shoots/documentaries (outside of bitter hacks like London) usually have two things in common.

1) They say SD has the easier locker room to be part of and work with because top guys are less concerned about their spot to the point of helping others and that they get to wrestle, which is why they rather be there

2) Raw's creative team spends more time focusing on developing their characters and getting guys over as entertainers instead of wrestlers because of the fact is is the "A" show, which is why they would rather be there

Since 06 then? Guess you can say Rey and Punk as the closest ones.

I'll give him credit for them I guess, and I started to give him credit for MNM but they came before then.

The only names that I can really think of that stands out myself are Jeff and Kennedy.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
After thinking about you have to say Jeff Hardy since that is where he became a main eventer. Raw started it for him and Smackdown finished it. Hayes prob had a lot of say in his push all things considering.