Official Women of Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- On her Twitter page, former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis announced that she and other former WWE Divas will be going on a worldwide tour in 2011 known as DivaMania. Others Divas featured in the advertising are Jillian Hall and Taryn "Tiffany" Terrell.
Interesting I guess.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Former TNA Knockout Awesome Kong posted the following on Twitter today:

"My dreams just came true today. I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one."

Let the speculation being.
Probably not what it sounds like but guess we'll see.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE sources indicate that there has been talks within WWE of signing Kong in recent weeks. Kong's signing hasn't been confirmed yet but sources believe it's a done deal.
- As noted before, WWE sources are reporting that former TNA Knockouts Champion Awesome Kong has signed with the company but it's still not confirmed. One source says that Kong was brought to WWE headquarters in Stamford about a month ago.

Huge deal if it's true. Will be very interesting to see how they handle her because she's obviously pretty one dimensional and not at all a WWE Diva.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Oh damn so it could be true. I sure hope so she would add a whole new dimension to the division. Yeah she is dimensional but for WWE it would be great and maybe just maybe can somewhat help WWE turn the corner for the divas. Beth/Kong please.

Reaction score
Will be good to see her in the 'E, although her longevity is debatable as everyone will be keen for Kong/Phoenix in the clash of the 2 strong chicks, but then what? Take a Superstars jobbing Gail Kim and reignite the TNA feud?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Feud with Laycool, feud with Gail again feud with Melina, then you got AJ and Naomi. She'll have a lot of options.

Reaction score
She does have options, but believability of her losing also comes into play - i.e Layla beating someone 3 times the size of her.

Interestingly, isn't Kong's Implant Buster the same as Beth's Glam Slam? What would Kong use then, the Awesome Bomb or w/e she named her powerbomb in TNA?

???

Banned
Reaction score
This is possibly the best news for WWE all year. Certainly the signing I'm most excited to see. Hopefully we get Beth/Nattie/Kong at WrestleMania. It would be absolutely amazing. The trio could pair off and have great singles matches too.

She does have options, but believability of her losing also comes into play - i.e Layla beating someone 3 times the size of her.

Interestingly, isn't Kong's Implant Buster the same as Beth's Glam Slam? What would Kong use then, the Awesome Bomb or w/e she named her powerbomb in TNA?

Not quite. The Implant Buster was like an elevated Pedigree. Still, with that said, that means I can't see her using it, which is a shame. The Awesome Bomb looks brutal enough anyway, especially by divas standard.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I personally like the awesome bomb better anyways so wouldn't bother me if she didn't use the implant buster. Almost wish they would have kept that amazon chick around just cause the faceoff between her and Kong would have been interesting.

???

Banned
Reaction score
I'm happier to have seen her gone. It would have been an interesting spectacle at first, but the matches would have blown. I'd rather see Kong murder KK and have quality matches with the other divas.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Here is Mickie interview.

- Below are highlights from a recent interview with Mickie James:

Her Signing Debut: "I was really singing during that performance, because I thought in my mind as a performer, you know, you can do it one of two ways. Because it is a show, and TV, and you can do things a number of ways. Honestly, I found we were going to be doing that pretty much the day before we taped it. So, we were given the option, ‘Do you want to sing to your backup track?'… And I said absolutely not. I want people to see that I'm serious about this. And if I got up there and for whatever reason something goes wrong, then I only have myself to blame."

Her WWE Exit: "They had every opportunity to jump onboard if they wanted to, and I would have welcomed it. If they wanted to wrap a tour around some of the live event shows, Or maybe market the album itself. I think because it's an industry they really don't know anything about… Country music has a loyal, loyal fan base, just like wrestling, just like NASCAR, just like any diehard sport like that. So I think it's an easy crossover if it's marketed correctly. But if you're completely ignorant to the whole process, or you don't know anything about country music, you probably can't open up to that idea because it's not your world… I think if they had a little more of an open mind and actually grasped the concept and actually taken the ball and ran with it. I think they had a really killer idea on their hand that they probably dropped the ball on."

Reaction score
Mickie has a great point, the 'E could of marketed their most popular diva doing her country music like they did with Cena and his rap CD's.

Batista quit anyway, so they could of kept her around. Ah well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
-- Melina revealed on Twitter that she was dumped by her boyfriend on New Year's Day.

"Getting dumped must be the new trend this new years. The feeling sucks. I'd rather be baby face and b in love than heel & dumped."

"I wish I could b perfect enough."

"I wish I was him. I truly wanted to be the perfect woman for you."
Damn that is a horrible time to get dumped. Apparently those tweets got removed tho.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Mickie is ignoring the fact that her music is complete and utter garbage.

Reaction score
:lmao suck shit Melina, Morrison obviously stopped going for landmines and is now after hotties. Great timing and decision, JoMo.

Mickie's music does suck, but her fans eat it up and would of big time if she remained in the 'E