Official Women of Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
If it had happened longer than 3 weeks ago, yeah, I'd think that. It, to me, is just a rshed, unnecessary turn and subsequent feud.

Superstars does have the best wrestling for the girls. Actually get time and development, something sorely missing from Raw and SmackDown.

For the sake of it? Please. Beth's got the perfect heel turn setup, and it hasn't happened yet, they waste it on Melina for a petty, filler feud against a less attractive Candice Michelle.

Wind up minterz? Just saying Melina had a poor match winds her up, anything else is overkill

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They really don't need to turn Beth heel. She plays the face role well and is much more over as a face than she ever was as a heel. So very understandable as to why they wouldn't turn her. Don't really make sense to turn Beth heel. Melina needed a change on the other hand like her or not.

Reaction score
It does make sense, she's handled LayCool and now wants the belt she had before the injury. Much better story there than Melina suddenly going heel and being #1 contender.

She may of needed a change, but in terms of disposition, that wasn't it. A more committed effort week in, week out, not botching, and not being sloppy is what she needs. I'm convinced and hopeful this is just a filler feud though, Melina doesn't deserve another title run, at least not until 2012.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Beth just came back from injury and then damn near got injured at the ppv. Fans aren't gonna boo her right now is what I meant by it not making sense. I'm thinking that they are gonna do Beth/Natalya feud for mania anyways which is much better. Have them have the whole respect feud and match and then after that turn one of them heel maybe.

Reaction score
I understand that, but if done right they can switch her overnight and have her hated.

If they do anything but Beth/Nattie at WM, I'll be very surprised.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Beth is much more over as a face, but you'd think the same with all divas. Which divas actually get good heat? LayCool and Maryse maybe. Outside of Vickie, in today's environment there is no woman in the WWE that really gets themselves booed. Melina will be no different, neither will Beth.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think if they handle Melina as a heel the same way they did her first heel run when she was with MNM she could get herself heat. Now that probably won't happen like that but yeah it's pretty tough for women to get a reaction let alone be able to get heat.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
-- Beth Phoenix is interviewed in the latest issue of WWE Magazine and she discussed her difficult ACL injury earlier this year, the changing face of the WWE Divas, which former Diva she'd like to see return, and much more.

Regarding her ACL injury in May, she commented: "The weird thing was, when I got hurt, I felt fine. I was walking around and running, and I shrugged it off thinking it was just a tweak. But then my doctor told me I tore my ACL and I'd be out for six months. All I could think was, "I just won the title! Taking six months off isn't even a possibility right now!" I had the option to wrap my knee and risk tearing it completely or have surgery. But I was a defending champion and wasn't backing down or handing over my title without a fight.

"The Glamazon" was asked if she thinks she was instrumental in initiating the change to the Divas division becoming more athletic than ever.

"I would love to take credit for something as wonderful as that, but I think it's a credit to the company for valuing women who are not only beautiful, but also athletic and smart," she responded. "Take Eve, for example. She has a background in Judo. Then there's Michelle, who has a college degree and a great head on her shoulders. Young girls can really look up to and emulate the Divas. I think I can take some of the credit, though, for introducing more voluptuous girls to WWE. I was one of the first Divas to prove that you didn't have to be model-thin to be successful, that you could have muscles and still be beautiful.

Finally, she noted that she would like to see former WWE Women's Champion Lita make a comeback in 2011.

"I'd love to have a match with her," she said. "I never had the chance."
I say Trish is more likely to comeback than Lita is.

Reaction score
Marked for Katie/Winter winning the KO belts, even though she looked rusty..

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That last part right there is why I don't have an issue with it.

Reaction score
Someone in the spoilers thread on WF said something like "invisible title on the invisible knockout." Sums it up pretty accurately I must say.

What is intriguing is what Velvet does now. TBP only just reunited, so a breakup is out of the question, and this Sarita feud is building up gradually.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much what I figured would happen which is that Winter tries to come between them and convince Angelina that she doesn't need Velvet. Angelina would obviously be split so could make for a good feud.

Reaction score
Has the foundations of a good feud, now TNA just need to keep with it.

Pleasing to see 3 feuds now within the Knockouts division where in WWE you barely have 1.

Reaction score
Someone in the spoilers thread on WF said something like "invisible title on the invisible knockout." Sums it up pretty accurately I must say.

What is intriguing is what Velvet does now. TBP only just reunited, so a breakup is out of the question, and this Sarita feud is building up gradually.

Breakup is NOT out of the question, TNA recognized Velvet's relationship with Sabin, so we could see Velvet becoming the Guns's valet once she and Angelina break up again.

How is the Sarita/Velvet feud is being building up gradually(besides Velvet's good promo on reaction) when it has been one-sided so far?

Next week, expect Sarita to beat Velvet again.

This storyline will be similar to the Mickie/Trish/Ashley, and Velvet is the Ashley in this storyline.

Pretty much what I figured would happen which is that Winter tries to come between them and convince Angelina that she doesn't need Velvet. Angelina would obviously be split so could make for a good feud.

It gonna end up with either Angelina turning on Velvet or Winter turning on Angelina.

Katie needs to get rid of the ring rust asap, otherwise look for the Angelina/Velvet feud part II