NCAA Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think LSU is a lock for the national title game no matter what happens... well unless they just get demolished by UGA then they could lose their spot but other than that LSU is gonna play in the national title game. Just a matter of who they are playing against.

OK St. might have a slight prayer if they can beat Oklahoma bad enough cause the computers always love Oklahoma.

V-Tech could if they make it past Virginia convincingly and then dominate in the ACC Championship game.

And Stanford will have an outsiders chance.

But looks like it will be a rematch between LSU and Bama.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The system is completely flawed. It just doesn't make sense.

LSU can lose and still play but thats understandable because well their body of work supported their ranking and the such but... this is a team that can lose their conference championship and still play.

But what is screwed up is... Alabama is almost guaranteed to play in the national championship. They don't have to do nothing but sit around and twiddle their thumbs and wait. They don't have to win a conference championship or anything... just sit around and wait til January.

OK State has virtually no chance of moving up no matter how they do against Oklahoma. Stanford isn't and V-tech isn't. So it's pretty much decided already that LSU and Alabama is playing.

It does display further the superiority of the SEC which I don't mind :) but it still just doesn't feel right.

BCS needs to be revamped and revamped quickly.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former Florida coach Urban Meyer has taken the head coaching job at Ohio State, sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday morning.

Meyer, who led the Gators to two national championships before stepping down to spend more time with his family amid ongoing reports of health concerns, had worked as a game analyst this season for ESPN.

But he asked to be taken off his assignments for the network this weekend as reports swirled of his imminent hire with the Buckeyes.

Meyer has a 10-year record of 104-23. He has also coached Utah and Bowling Green. Sources told WKMG-TV in Orlando last week that Meyer would be introduced in coming days after agreeing to a seven-year, $40 million deal.

ESPN.com

Killswitch

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that even if OSU wins this weekend, there are plenty of voters out there who are caught up in the hype machine that will vote OSU down as far as they need to make sure Bama goes to the title game.

If there was not a bias, OSU goes to the title game with a win. Period.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I dunno... I mean if you look at the body of work for those two... I'd say really the only way that OSU could go is if they completely dominate Oklahoma. Oklahoma has ALWAYS had unbaised love from the BCS despite accomplishing little. Them, Ohio State, and USC are the three babies of the BCS. But Bama has proven to be the number 2 team in the country legit. OSU has not. They lost to Iowa State. Yeah it was by a field goal but they lost to them whereas Bama lost to LSU in OT. Like if you compare the losses... Bama deserves it.

I'm one that doesn't want to see two teams from the same conference... even if it is my conference, play for the BCS National championship. It just doesn't feel right. It just feels like a bigger platform to display how that conference is just heads over everybody else and this is about to happen. OSU is the only one that can play spoiler but I don't think they have the fire power to do it. And to put them in the national title game against LSU, pending LSU beating UGA, has the looking to be extremely ugly based on how LSU has been playing each and every single game this season.

LSU is the undoubted number 1 for sure. But Bama is above OSU. No bias. Just the way the two teams have played and the teams that they played against... Bama has just looked better.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Heh... LSU won that one :p

But I will say that I think OSU was cheated out of the national title game. I felt if they destroyed Oklahoma then they should get a shot and they literally destroyed Oklahoma in that game. They made Oklahoma look bad. But they at least close the gap a whole lot to .009 but still... with Bama sittin out and OK state doing what they did and winning their conference... that final statement would have been enough for me. Of course this is coming from an SEC fan.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The only reason V Tech is in a bowl game is for the money.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
UCLA needs all the help they can get. Mora Jr. might not be the most ideal face/name but... it'll be a step up from what they have now.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Given the season, I think the BCS got it right. Fuck people who hate repeats, if Oregon didn't lose at home to USC, they'd be playing Mondays game. And I bet people wouldn't bitch about having a rematch then.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Roll Tide. Really too me I am not going to argue the decision with anyone because it will end up going nowhere. Wish Stanford could have won, liked Stanford for a long time they are my Pac 10 team you could say but happy to see my tide make it back. Thing is though do not see us winning unless LSU players get busted with weed again .