NCAA Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The biggest game yet this season is tonight Oklahoma and Florida St... I should be tuning in unless Ojata Records calls me to fill in which is totally possible. I am pretty excited for it.

Killswitch

Reaction score
AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS
1 LSU (49) 8-0 1489 1
2 Alabama (10) 8-0 1448 2
3 Oklahoma State 7-0 1326 6
4 Stanford 7-0 1318 7
5 Boise State (1) 7-0 1269 5
6 Clemson 8-0 1225 8
7 Oregon 6-1 1136 9
8 Arkansas 6-1 1003 10
9 Michigan State 6-1 964 15
10 Kansas State 7-0 945 12
11 Oklahoma 6-1 912 3
12 Wisconsin 6-1 887 4
13 Nebraska 6-1 756 13
14 South Carolina 6-1 675 14
15 Virginia Tech 7-1 673 16
16 Texas A&M 5-2 614 17
17 Michigan 6-1 508 18
18 Houston 7-0 400 21
19 Texas Tech 5-2 350 NR
20 USC 6-1 340 NR
21 Penn State 7-1 312 NR
22 Georgia 5-2 290 24
23 Arizona State 5-2 239 24
24 Cincinnati 6-1 71 NR
25 West Virginia 5-2 64 11

I think Boise St. is going to find itself in the National Championship Game given that the current #3 in the BCS standings, Okie St., still has a tough road ahead and will probably lose a game (or two).

Killswitch

Reaction score
Gators choked away that game big time. Brantley's receivers dropped how many TDs? And that no-call on obvious PI sealed the game. But Georgia did show up in the second half. If they didn't both suck ass, it would've been an all-time great game.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
1. Boise State should not ever play in the national championship until they start playing more than one "tough" game a season.

2. LSU/Bama has potential to be a bigger game than the national championship. I mean the way they are hyping it up, visiting the schools and doing all of this inside access stuff... its insane. Yeah it's 1 vs. 2... and yeah I feel LSU is gonna win a close one.

3. WAR EAGLE!

Killswitch

Reaction score
Georgia got the lucky break it needed by virtue of South Carolina losing to Arkansas last night. Go beat dem Auburn Tigers and Kentucky Wildcats, boys, and you will be playing LSU for the SEC title! Anything can happen!

Killswitch

Reaction score
Florida has a chance to miss the bowl season for the first time since 1991. Muschamp = worse hire than Rich Rodriguez? I know Urban Meyer left the cupboard a little bare, but this team is fucking horrific on offense.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It's only Muschamp's first year. It's hard to have any immediate impact when you are teaching a team like Florida a system more of his style but I don't see him adjusting very well anyways since he'll have to succeed in the SEC.

Killswitch

Reaction score
First 8-game winning streak for Mark Richt. That seems hard to believe, but they do have to play Florida in the middle of the season every year...

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This has been a crazy week for the BCS. OK State goes down, Oregon goes down, and now Oklahoma goes down. So now we got...

LSU as the unanimous Number 1, Alabama has to move up to number 2 now, Arkansas won so they move up to 3... 3 SEC schools this late in the top 3. But LSU and Arkansas are playing so that game will knock one of them down... Arkansas is goin down :p

But then that still leaves LSU at the top and Bama at number 2 and nobody really close to overturning Bama... meaning if LSU could win out and take the SEC championship... we could get SEC vs. SEC in the national championship.

This has officially gotten crazy.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Three or more-team procedure

1. (Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.)
  2. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
  3. Record of the tied teams within the division.
  4. Records against the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last.
  5. Complete record vs. non-division teams.
  6. Complete record vs. all common non-divisional teams.
  7. Record vs. common non-divisional team with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional) record and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division.
  8. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.
So if Arkansas beats LSU, who goes to the SEC Championship? Alabama? Would LSU still be higher in the BCS standings? What a clusterfuck. Go Razorbacks!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
If Arkansas can pass by LSU on Friday... they should move up to number 1 cause LSU has proven to be the definitive number 1 team in the country... not Alabama. LSU beat Bama on their own turf, stopped Oregon on neutral ground, and defeated West Virginia. LSU has the body work to stay at number 2... IF they were to lose to Arkansas. But then it would also depend on the beating. If its close then LSU stays at 2. If its moe than 14 points then they should move to 3... depending on how Bama does against Auburn.

But lets keep it simple... Arkansas wins by 10, they move up to 1, LSU at 2, Alabama at 3. Arkansas plays in the SEC championship game since they are now leading the SEC west since LSU topped Bama which was topped by Arkansas. They beat UGA and march on to the BCS national title game against LSU. Bama is gonna wind up in the Sugar bowl.

If LSU drops to 3... its gonna be crazy.

So pretty much... the BCS stability, whats left of it, all depends on Arkansas on Friday cause if LSU happens to lose the SEC Championship I think they will only fall to 2... and would still be in the national title game. And all Alabama has to do to control their destiny is beat my team. We may have an all SEC West national title game.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Baylor is officially my 2nd favorite team in the nation.

FUCK OU!

MrMister

Reaction score
LSU took care of business and I expect them to do the same next week. I still don't want a rematch even though I loved the LSU/Bama game. I can't see how it doesn't go down now unless Bama shits the bed in the Iron Bowl today.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Seriously, if LSU loses to Georgia, they better still be in the NCG.

They passed their ridiculous schedule with flying colors. No one even comes close in my mind (apart from maybe Alabama).