NCAA Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

am i blind? i so some 10/10 here :S 10/10 can only belong to trish, angelina jolie and torrie wilson. but ur opinions anyway...
mine is 8/10.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well since the season starts tonight, I thought I'd make the thread. There a couple interesting games this weekend, but tonights aren't too appealing. That is usually how they begin, though.

I am quite pissed that even ESPN 3 isn't showing the Sun Devil game. The list even includes games like West Alabama vs. South Alabama... What the hell is that garbage? Hopefully, I can find a link to the game later despite this.

Any thoughts on the upcoming season?

MrMister

Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to Oregon vs. LSU on Saturday. Rice vs. Texas too, but that's my homer game.

It'll be interesting to watch how Nebraska does in the Big 10. I think they win it in their first year there, but we'll see.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't think Nebraska will win. I'd put my money on Wisconsin. Nebraska gets overrated every season nowadays just like Florida State and Notre Dame. They just can't live up to their name.

MrMister

Reaction score
They're no where near as overrated as Notre Dame, but then nothing in this world is.

They are overrated because they're Nebraska, I'd agree. The Big 10 isn't that good though. Ohio State and Wisconsin are really the only quality teams there. Buckeyes and Badgers are good enough to give most teams problems, Nebraska is no exception. Nebraska being there certainly strengthens that conference and makes it more interesting if nothing else.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Does Nebraska play Ohio State this season? I'm not sure what teams they are playing in the division for their first season. That would be a huge mid-season match up even if both end up struggling.

MrMister

Reaction score
That's a good question and would be a great game to watch. I don't know the answer though. I haven't paid much attention to this off season at all. The NFL lockout got me jaded. I'm absorbing information I've missed out on like a sponge these last few days.

Who do you got in your National Championship game?

I'm going with unlikely LSU vs.....Nebraska.:side:

Someone from a weaker conference will probably face the SEC champ though. Someone like Florida St or maybe Virginia Tech?

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
LSU v.s Boise St. if the BCS doesn't get too hung up on Boise being a mid-major again. As long as they go undefeated and nobody else really does they got to put them in.

Ben

Reaction score
Wisconsin looks good this, there solid at RB and D as a whole like usual main difference this year, is they have prob the best QB they ever have had. Killing UNLV tonight, which isn't much of a accomplishment, but it's what good teams are suppose to do.

MrMister

Reaction score
Badgers did look pretty good, but UNLV is awful and the disparity was really clear. But yeah, you crush teams like this when you're good. Wisconsin looks to be good.

Ben

Reaction score
LSU/Oregon and Boise/Georgia both started off good but pretty much just turned into semi blowouts. Personally thought Oregon looked like crap, LSU is good but all the mistakes and the lack of the run killed the Ducks. Want Boise to run the table just so they can get to the title game, hopefully it happens. Also lulz at Notre Dame loosing, don't think there ever going to be the national power a lot of people want them to be.

Legasee

Reaction score
I knew USF would beat Notre Dame. Team hasn't been good since Lou Holtz. Not surprise that LSU beat Oregon because a good SEC team can beat a good to great out of conference team any day.

MrMister

Reaction score
Pretty good first college football Saturday. UCLA/Houston was my favorite game. LOL @ Ole Miss's stupidity. Texas isn't quite as bad as I thought they would be. Malcolm Brown might be an answer. ND is still really average. I thought LSU would handle Oregon, but not that easily. Oregon doesn't look as good as they did last year.

Even if Boise St goes undefeated, I'm not sure they make it into the title game. One loss OU, LSU, BAMA, Florida, etc would go in before them.

Of all the games I watched, I didn't see a holy shit, this team is amazing type of team. It's only week 1 though.