News Friday Night Impact - New Night & New Logo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I realize that i can do better design than TNA & WWE. Nothing new anyway, I don't want to seem like I'm bragging or trying to sound special but fun fact.

The logo - 2/10

Bragging? No. That's a fact, bro. Those amateurs that do WWE's and TNA's posters and stuff can't hold a candle to you.

When they finish up their work, those guys must be like 'Hey, look what I can do in Paint for only 5 minutes' lol

Reactions: Z.T.O

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
The logo's not bad. It's not ground-shaking or anything, but it's decent.

As for the move to Fridays, TNA often still seems to have the mentality of a southern regional promotion (in both good and bad ways), which means that the worst nights to air a show are Saturday (college football), Sunday (pro football and church), and Wednesday (church). For the key demographics that watch pro wrestling in the southern U.S., Friday's a great night. Plus, WWE's got shows broadcasting fresh every other weeknight (Raw on Monday, Main Event on Tuesday, NXT on Wednesday, Smackdown on Thursday). And if, for whatever reason, Friday doesn't work out, you've still got plenty of nights where Destination America can move it.

Any night for pro wrestling, however, is good for whatever network they go with because pro wrestling tends to draw better ratings than anything else on the cable networks that broadcast it. You can cry about Smackdown "sucking" or whatever, but it's the highest-rated show on Syfy. Raw is the highest-rated show on USA. And, once everybody figures out which channel on Dish or DirecTV or whatevs Destination America is, Impact will most likely be the highest-rated show on Destination America (just like it was the highest-rated show on Spike).

wk

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The logo's not bad. It's not ground-shaking or anything, but it's decent.

As for the move to Fridays, TNA often still seems to have the mentality of a southern regional promotion (in both good and bad ways), which means that the worst nights to air a show are Saturday (college football), Sunday (pro football and church), and Wednesday (church). For the key demographics that watch pro wrestling in the southern U.S., Friday's a great night. Plus, WWE's got shows broadcasting fresh every other weeknight (Raw on Monday, Main Event on Tuesday, NXT on Wednesday, Smackdown on Thursday). And if, for whatever reason, Friday doesn't work out, you've still got plenty of nights where Destination America can move it.

Any night for pro wrestling, however, is good for whatever network they go with because pro wrestling tends to draw better ratings than anything else on the cable networks that broadcast it. You can cry about Smackdown "sucking" or whatever, but it's the highest-rated show on Syfy. Raw is the highest-rated show on USA. And, once everybody figures out which channel on Dish or DirecTV or whatevs Destination America is, Impact will most likely be the highest-rated show on Destination America (just like it was the highest-rated show on Spike).

wk
Perspective.
As 'stupid' as Dixie Carter may be, she's still as Waco described at heart. It's also the main reason Vince McMahon has been so successful.
Vince will make strategic moves to better his business portfolio, but Dixie, in her heart of hearts, is entirely predictable with the prognostication Waco laid out.
I can appreciate the direction the company is moving, its endearing, but it isn't cutthroat enough to stay entirely grounded.

RAW is grounded, despite Monday Night Football. Stomping your foot down and carrying out your mission statement speaks volumes. I'm not sure TNA is capable of this.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
3ckN0dM.jpg

Bye bye Mike Tenay, you boring fuck. I don't know is this guy any good, but still he's better than Tenay in any case.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I should create the logo, after all I did win the graphics competition here.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
3ckN0dM.jpg

Bye bye Mike Tenay, you boring fuck. I don't know is this guy any good, but still he's better than Tenay in any case.

I love Tenay's knowledge of the history of the business. Unfortunately, he is "boring as fuck".

As for Mathews/Matthews/Big Josherino, he's very knowledgeable himself, has a good personality, and has a knowledge of contemporary pro wrestling. He was trained in FCW/NXT as a wrestler first, then transitioned to the announcing gig, so he could work a little, take bumps, etc., if that's necessary. I think he could be as good as Michael Cole (who gets a lot of undeserved heat from the IWC) or Joey Styles if given the opportunity.

wk

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Turns out they'll be doing a "Best of TNA" show on D-A as their 3rd weekly show. Great move, proves that D-A are well invested in them and if D-A can secure more key shows, they can easily make it up the ranks in US TV which means TNA will be richly rewarded.

Seems as if it's gonna be pretty much the "Best of TNA" shows that sometimes air in foreign markets like the UK, which are quite enjoyable. Cheap to produce, lots of fun wrestling, this could be quite good.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
So:

Impact Wrestling - Fridays at 9-11pm

Impact Wrestling: Unlocked - Saturdays at 10am-12pm

TNA Greatest Matches - Saturdays at 12pm

Pretty dope for the beginning I'd say. I wish Xplosion gets added too with two matches airing instead of one plus the ususal Spin Cycle and all.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
This will probably be the first time watching Impact since BFG. Pretty pumped to see how they do.