News Friday Night Impact - New Night & New Logo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If it weren't for the logo including the wrestling text I'd mistake this for an unknown MMA company. It's not bad, but I don't get why it's replacing the TNA logo. Impact Wrestling should be the brand while TNA is the named company. Your company isn't called Impact Wrestling, it's TNA.

Moving it to Friday nights is just dumb in its own right. Nobody usually watches TV on a Friday night, at least not TNA's target demographic. It's not like Destination America has this STELLAR line up. TNA could easily fit on a Tuesday, or Wednesday. I don't think anyone would care about missing an episode about the history of bacon.

Honestly, as much as I like the majority of TNA's talent I don't think I'm going to tune in unless they do a hard reset. Keep your champions, but redo the feuds. At least the ones that were getting repetitive. And put more time into every division this time around, especially the X-division.

With that part there on the bottom, totally with you, although I think they need a roster overhaul pretty badly. Losing so much talent has really hurt the show, especially for the longtime fans who remember watching for the talent killing it in the midcards and angry at the main-event scene.

They need to use this time to examine everything. Look at their feuds, their characters, the roles people play, and come up with a big battle plan with brand new everything. Blow everything up and start fresh.

What's that plan? I have no idea, as it seems like so many of us have such varied opinions on the specific things with Impact.

As much as I try to defend TNA Creative, there were way too many things on this show that were either very disappointing since it could be so much better, or simply an instant channel changer, IMO. That's always been an issue with Impact - you take the good with the bad - but it's an issue that really needs to go away, lol.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It's not as bad as y'all are saying it is. Pretty cool imo. The logo's the last thing that needs changing. Besides, new logo, new announce team, new signings, lots of promotion for the show are pretty much either confirmed or in the case of new signings, pretty obvious (does Mark Andrews count?)

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
005de2f57beacfd6d0a9be6d999c96a0.jpg

I like the logo, but I fucking hate the new Friday night.

Wednesday night was awesome.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I assume they must've changed the night because of how Lucha Underground and NXT are on Wednesdays in the US, right? Or at least, it was the last time I checked.

Regardless, I really do hope this is a massive change for TNA. Josh Mathews on commentary should be refreshing, and Taz hopefully becomes more motivated (judging by his recent TNA in NYC promo, it's likely). With Del Rio going to ROH, TNA should look towards a new Heavyweight to bring in. Someone who can mix things up a bit, but also still focus on pushing Roode, Lashley, Hardy, Aries, Joe and hopefully rebuilding a face Magnus. AJ Styles coming back soon for one final run before entering the Hall of Fame would be fun. As for tag titles, bringing back Bad Influence, maybe giving Von Erichs 5G another match if going to Texas soon would be great. I'd mark out if I saw Chris Sabin in the same X-Division in 2015 with guys like Low Ki, Manik, Sanada, Tigre Uno, DJ Z, Mark Andrews. I assume there will be a new Knockout or two to make up for Brittany, if she's really gone.

Announcing a new signing or two, along with renewed contracts just before the TV tapings will send the hype through the roof for me. Hopefully creative won't screw it up though.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
So is this going to be a crappy version of the Monday Night Wars? :pity1:

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So is this going to be a crappy version of the Monday Night Wars? :pity1:

Who are TNA competing with on Friday nights?

Smackdown's going to Thursdays.

EDIT: Also, just thinking about who could debut/return in 2015. Gotta admit, just realised that guys like Drew Galloway, Sonjay Dutt and Alex Shelley could potentially go to the new revamped Impact! Wrestling. That would be freakin' awesome.

Last edited:

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score

EDIT: Also, just thinking about who could debut/return in 2015. Gotta admit, just realised that guys like Drew Galloway, Sonjay Dutt and Alex Shelley could potentially go to the new revamped Impact! Wrestling. That would be freakin' awesome.
OH is there a set date for that? I guess I never heard anything final.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Quite frankly, I don't care if SmackDown moves to Thursdays or stays on Fridays... SmackDown is a dogshit show anyways, iMPACT would kick its ass.

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
I realize that i can do better design than TNA & WWE. Nothing new anyway, I don't want to seem like I'm bragging or trying to sound special but fun fact.

The logo - 2/10

Last edited: