News Friday Night Impact - New Night & New Logo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
- TNA Impact Wrestling will be airing on Friday nights on Destination America in 2015. Below is the official press release and new logo:
5e628b0d91490851e66a07523a446bfc.png
DESTINATION AMERICA PINS DOWN DEBUT DATE FOR IMPACT WRESTLING

(Silver Spring, Md.) – Brace for IMPACT! Destination America iskicking-off the New Year as the new destination for professional wrestling following the announcement that Discovery Communications and TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Entertainment have signed an exclusive broadcast deal bringing IMPACT WRESTLING to the only network dedicated to celebrating the people, places and stories of the United States. IMPACT WRESTLING debuts on Destination America with a special LIVE broadcast on Wednesday, January 7 from 9-11 PM ET, televised from New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center. IMPACT WRESTLING will move to its permanent time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America.

“We’ve been listening to what fans have to say and, with their feedback in mind, IMPACT WRESTLING’s live debut on Destination America will be nonstop, in-your-face action with no filters, big personalities, and epic battles,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “Wrestling is a national pastime that combines dynamic entertainment with intense crowds, and we can’t wait for IMPACT WRESTLING’s passionate fans to bring their ‘fandemonium’ to Destination America in January!”

“A week after the ball drops in New York City, fists will fly as IMPACT WRESTLING begins a new era with our LIVE debut on Destination America,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “IMPACT WRESTLING will be the most compelling two hours of wrestling on television.”

The special live broadcast on Wednesday, January 7 will feature a main event for the richest prize in IMPACT WRESTLING: the World Heavyweight Championship, Roode vs. Lashley III. A decisive rematch in this epic trilogy, reigning champion Bobby Roode defends the title against dominant former heavyweight champion Bobby Lashley to prove who’s the best in IMPACT WRESTLING. Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Gail Kim, Ethan Carter III (aka EC3), and all the stars of IMPACT add to the explosive debut. An encore will follow from 11 PM-1 AM ET.

Destination America welcomes IMPACT WRESTLING with a marathon on Wednesday, January 7 from 9 AM-9 PM ET, looking back at the biggest moments and most heated rivalries, leading into the special live broadcast from 9-11 PM ET.

IMPACT WRESTLING on Destination America premieres in its permanent time slot Friday nights from 9-11 PM ET starting January 16, immediately followed by an encore from 11 PM-1 AM ET. Miss a matchup or just can’t get enough? Check out IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED on Saturdays from 10 AM-12 PM ET beginning January 17 for a reloaded edition of the previous week’s IMPACT WRESTLING that will be a whole new viewing experience featuring extra content and never-before-seen footage.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I think everyone is making too big of a deal out of the logo because it is TNA. It's not horrible, aint good either tho.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I think everyone is making too big of a deal out of the logo because it is TNA. It's not horrible, aint good either tho.

Or it just looks like crap. I'm a a fan of TNA, but that logo looks so dated.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
lol As if their previous logo looked any better or less mundane.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
If it weren't for the logo including the wrestling text I'd mistake this for an unknown MMA company. It's not bad, but I don't get why it's replacing the TNA logo. Impact Wrestling should be the brand while TNA is the named company. Your company isn't called Impact Wrestling, it's TNA.

Moving it to Friday nights is just dumb in its own right. Nobody usually watches TV on a Friday night, at least not TNA's target demographic. It's not like Destination America has this STELLAR line up. TNA could easily fit on a Tuesday, or Wednesday. I don't think anyone would care about missing an episode about the history of bacon.

Honestly, as much as I like the majority of TNA's talent I don't think I'm going to tune in unless they do a hard reset. Keep your champions, but redo the feuds. At least the ones that were getting repetitive. And put more time into every division this time around, especially the X-division.

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I like the logo alot and the old logo too :bodallas: