WWE RAW 30th May 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There is definitely more to come from the Bourne/Swagger feud. It is good to see Bourne on RAW each week and getting a win. If they put this on PPV I would be very happy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Lol, a fan near the front row kept saying to R-Truth that Zack Ryder has a t-shirt.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Truth wins after Cena is counted out. Truth in the crowd talking to those same people as before throws a drink in his face. Cena comes out and talks to the guy and the kid. Really strange ending to the show.

Did they even announce any PPV matches?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
They didn't need to Troy; the match is official no doubt. Truth wins by countout and the feud continues, announces it next week and such.

The match sucked, so will Capitol Punishment no doubt.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But did they announce any other matches?

It seems like they will have Cena vs. Truth, Punk vs. Mysterio, Riley vs. Miz and possibly Bourne vs. Swagger but they made nothing official even though the PPV is two weeks away.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
[video=youtube;CiLd203t_Vo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLd203t_Vo&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Raw review

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thanks for that Andrew.

CM Punk vs. Rey is good for free tv I just don't want another PPV match between them.
Why not? A bit like Angle VS. Benoit ten years ago, I never get fed up of seeing Punk and Mysterio wrestle.

Have to say I might catch the repeat of Raw this week, as it does sound like one of the better ones so far this year. Should be worth it alone for the whole Miz/Reily thing, also the advancement of the R-Truth heel push, the classy speech from Khama, the Swagger/Bourne and Punk/Mysterio matches all sound good to me.

By the way I don't agree that the Belles comments made WWE classless, its the sort of thing you would expect heels to say (and lets face it there has been worse in wrestling), and it is smart because it sets up Khama's revenge when she does return, which I think based on this segment, it sounds like she will.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well it was fun to watch Raw live for once, but it was a pretty dull episode. The beginning was clever with the R-Truth angle, but still was it really needed? Highlight of the night wasn't even on the show with McIntyre cutting that promo. I will say this I did get up and get excited to see Alex Riley. New entrance and finally a face on Raw that can do some big things, I only been asking for this for months now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why not? A bit like Angle VS. Benoit ten years ago, I never get fed up of seeing Punk and Mysterio wrestle.

Have to say I might catch the repeat of Raw this week, as it does sound like one of the better ones so far this year. Should be worth it alone for the whole Miz/Reily thing, also the advancement of the R-Truth heel push, the classy speech from Khama, the Swagger/Bourne and Punk/Mysterio matches all sound good to me.

By the way I don't agree that the Belles comments made WWE classless, its the sort of thing you would expect heels to say (and lets face it there has been worse in wrestling), and it is smart because it sets up Khama's revenge when she does return, which I think based on this segment, it sounds like she will.

I just don't want to see Punk vs. Mysterio again for the time being, give it some time before they get a PPV match again. I would like to see some other feuds occur first before WWE go back to this feud which they had on Smackdown not that long ago.

True heels have said worse things I would have just left it as Kharma making her speech and that is it. I don't think the Bella twins needed to come out at all.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Having watched the repeat on Sky last night, I would say it was a reasonable Raw, but am not sure there was enough to make me want to watch again next week quick thoughts.

1. The opening segment with R-Truth trashing Cena's mechdise was quite entertaining, but it was hardly orignal, and it took a noise dive once superman came out and did usual lame arse heel put down. Have to say I have mixed feelings on this Truth heel character, yes he spoke with far more swagger than convinction, however after a few minutes his voice did become a bit annoying.

2. Ziggler VS. Kingston, this was normal sloppy effect from these two, and to make it worse the commentry from Cole and Lawler (who seemed more interested in debating if Vicky looked hot) was awful. Cannot believe the King is still annoncing in 2011.

3. The Kharma interview was well handled, it was kept short and sweet, she spoke well, and you were left with the impression than she was very much in the companies plans for the future.

4. I enjoyed both Swagger against Bourne (although it needed to be longer) and Punk against Mysterio.

5. The Miz/Reily split was quite engaging also, however based on his vocal performance I would doubt how well Alex can sell the feud.

6. Cena and Truth served no purpose other than to set up their match at the PPV, and it is an insult to fans that it was the main event, and lasted a matter of seconds.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
6. Cena and Truth served no purpose other than to set up their match at the PPV, and it is an insult to fans that it was the main event, and lasted a matter of seconds.

It was raw and if they did it on PPV that would be the insult, but its building up a match. It did its job, and Larry Zbysko did that for an entire career.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But my point is it was booked in the main event slot of the show, even on Raw fans still expect the main event to be a match which actually features some wrestling, and lasts at least about ten minutes of action. Besides the fact the finish was cheap, I actually would not have been bothered if it was not booked at the end of the show.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't get why? The last segment always features the build up for PPVs, usually never involved a match but more of just setting up for PPVs, which the show was always designed to do.

Instead of the obligatory Cena gets beaten up by a bad guy, we get this jerk not trying to fight Cena and gets a cheap victory over him, now people want to see Cena beat him up and will pay to watch it.

The purpose of TV is to get people to pay to watch them live and on PPV.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. They still could have had R-Truth get a cheap win to build heat, just in a longer a match, and maybe by pinfall rather than countout.

2. Thing is I don't think the way it went down will make people want to see the PPV, it certainly doesn't do much for Truth, for fans to want to see their match, they have to believe that R-Truth can be Cena for the title, I don't think a cheap count out win is enough to do that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A pinfall is too final for starting a feud, why do you think no one cares about tag titles and IC/US titles? Because thats how most of those feuds start.

R-Truth is being booked like a crazy man who is unpredictable, it's working. Raw isn't canned heat, so his reactions from the crowds are legit. People want Cena to beat the crap out of this guy, because of that match. Don't believe me? Look at the WWE Facebook page.