Weekly TNA Impact Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How has TNA been as of late guys?

Opinions?

I was a die hard up until about 08/09... then I thought they threw all of their potential right out the window for no reason... when they had a really good show going too.

It was just ridiculously stupid for a long time. I hated it almost as much as WWE but really hope it can get better now.

Was thinking about catching Slammiversary but not sure if I should... How has the show been? The announcers kind of annoy me, but not as much as WWE's lol... their ring announcer is good though, sounds like Finkle lol

Pentagon Jr looks pretty cool

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They are not back to where they were in their glory days, but they are definitely on the upswing. The new management has been doimg a good job and the last set of tapings were pretty good imo. More consistent than wwe product atm.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
How has TNA been as of late guys?

Opinions?

I was a die hard up until about 08/09... then I thought they threw all of their potential right out the window for no reason... when they had a really good show going too.

It was just ridiculously stupid for a long time. I hated it almost as much as WWE but really hope it can get better now.

Was thinking about catching Slammiversary but not sure if I should... How has the show been? The announcers kind of annoy me, but not as much as WWE's lol... their ring announcer is good though, sounds like Finkle lol

Pentagon Jr looks pretty cool
TNA has been really good as of late, and way better than WWE.

Honestly, the build-up and everything for Slammiversy has been great, and the shows have been great as well, much better than WWE as of late. The announcers can somewhat be annoying, but as you said they aren't Cole, Graves, Coach, etc. I would recommend you checking out Slammiversy and see what you think and to see if you want to get back into watching it.

Also, Pentagon Jr. isn't cool, he is awesome.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
They have some of the best talent in the world right now. Their stories for the most part are interesting and actually make sense (I'm super excited for a Tommy Dreamer match in 2018, if that tells you anything about their stories). Their video packages are top notch. Their women's division is a tad shallow, but as always still has some of the best women's wrestlers you will see. Tag division is in a small slump, with most of the focus being on LAX right now, but they have the teams there or are being established to have a great tag division again after tonight.

All in all, Impact is currently what WWE fans have been asking WWE to do for years now: good storytelling, unpredictability, violence and swearing (lol), and giving lower card guys a chance to both shine and grow. The only thing they're really lacking is the budget and mainstream exposure that the WWE has. I would definitely recommend giving Slammiversary a watch

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They have some of the best talent in the world right now. Their stories for the most part are interesting and actually make sense (I'm super excited for a Tommy Dreamer match in 2018, if that tells you anything about their stories). Their video packages are top notch. Their women's division is a tad shallow, but as always still has some of the best women's wrestlers you will see. Tag division is in a small slump, with most of the focus being on LAX right now, but they have the teams there or are being established to have a great tag division again after tonight.

All in all, Impact is currently what WWE fans have been asking WWE to do for years now: good storytelling, unpredictability, violence and swearing (lol), and giving lower card guys a chance to both shine and grow. The only thing they're really lacking is the budget and mainstream exposure that the WWE has. I would definitely recommend giving Slammiversary a watch
The knockouts and tag team thing is true, but they are working on that. They have been bringing in some new women for the division and when Rosemary finally returns from injury, I think they will have a decent division. There will still be more room for growth though.

The tag division has some slower growth, but they recently brought in the desi hit squad (not really a fan of them so far, but haven't seen too much of them tbh) and threw together a couple of teams in Bahh and KM and Z&E. I could do without the former, but I would like to see Z&E involved more in the tag division going forward. All this tells me they are at least thinking about the division and hopefully have plans to keep building it up in \the future.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
The knockouts and tag team thing is true, but they are working on that. They have been bringing in some new women for the division and when Rosemary finally returns from injury, I think they will have a decent division. There will still be more room for growth though.

The tag division has some slower growth, but they recently brought in the desi hit squad (not really a fan of them so far, but haven't seen too much of them tbh) and threw together a couple of teams in Bahh and KM and Z&E. I could do without the former, but I would like to see Z&E involved more in the tag division going forward. All this tells me they are at least thinking about the division and hopefully have plans to keep building it up in \the future.
Oh yeah for sure. They've almost always had an incredible women's division, so I have no doubt it will improve with the addition of gals like Scarlett, Shotzi and even Katarina, plus the return of Rosemary. Plus with the RISE show they just did, they may get one or two more as well (fingers crossed for Sage Sin).

And I know they're working on their tag division too. Honestly I have enjoyed the Bahh and KM team, and I never thought I'd ever enjoy KM in any manner. Z&E is actually fucking incredible. Then add the Lucha Bros, OVE, and LAX's 2 versions, and their tag division is actually stacked, it's just a little slow right now with most of the teams being involved in other stories. Both of which have been very well done, might I add.
[doublepost=1532301228][/doublepost]For those who haven't heard, Petey Williams is replacing an injured Swann in the 4 way. A little disappointing bit should still steal the show

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Can we go to LD chat room to talk about this? I figured that would be better than constantly posting on here.