Weekly TNA Impact Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Last ep of impact was pretty awesome with the tag team main event, even though the result was predictable with Crazy Steve going to WWE. Josh doesn't seem to be going anywhere but atleast they called the match a bit more than his random rants.

Have fun in WWE Crazy Steve!

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah that episode was good. And likewise, figured crazzy Steve would take the pin as he's gone. Which kind of sucks. I am kicking myself in the rear for not realizing the greatness of tna sooner, by like 10 years or more.

I tried to give it a watch when it was still young, I think shortly before angle went there, and couldn't get into the 6 sided ring... tried again after angle went there, still couldn't. Then I forgot about it until I started watching wwe again in 2015, and didn't get around to trying it out again until like a week ago. Now that a lot of their good wrestlers have jumped ship to wwe. Has it always been this decent?

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'm glad that some more people are exploring Impact, it has been pretty consistent lately.

As for the show, the ME was a good match, and they wrote out Crazzy Steve, which was expected. I hope this does not mean the end of Decay though because I really like this group. They should look into bringing someone else like Jimmy Havoc to the group.

I wish that they would have had made a bigger deal about Matt Sydal's debut. They brought him out like he was just someone else who was already on the roster. I would have also put him against someone other than Trevor Lee. Trevor Lee is pretty much the top heel in the division and shouldn't be giving away losses so easily. I'm really liking the new/returning talent that they have brought into the X Division and I look forward to seeing where the division goes.

One thing they need to do is unify the GFW title with Impact championships. I am hoping that this is done by Slammiversary because there are too many championships.

I heard that they are keeping Josh Mathews around for a bigger payoff down the line. What that'll be, I'm not sure. I still think that they should make him a manager. He would do very well in this role.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
That was a nice show too. The only bad side (even Josh was bearable tonight) was that GFW guys are being treated as jobbers. The women's champion of GFW who had the title for over a year or so just drops it in her first real title defence (last week with that jobber girl doesnt count) and its a clean loss, no interference, nothing. Just sad.

The vignette with the Biff like bully guy, the cousin of Sienna, i don't remember her name, was kinda eh.

The best part was the first match though. What a match!

I really didn't expect Sydal to get the win but again, this should have been higher up the card. But a great match.

The GFW chamionship match was alright. But Magnus was always going to beat The Blueprint. Never had any doubts about that. Pretty sure he's gonna end up dropping the belt to El Patron.

Reactions: Crithu

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yep El patron has the belt now. Which, oddly enough, I don't mind. I didn't like Alberto in wwe, maybe because he was a glorified jobber, but I don't mind him on impact.

I just finished last week's episode late last night. Took me almost a week to watch it lol. But it was a good episode. I liked the LAX part where they came down to the ring to "pay their respect" "nope we gone pay our disrespect! Roll up a swisher and blaaaze" lol.

So is Abyss still around? And if so, who's going to join him? If anybody

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Another GFW champ treated like shit and booked to lose. I mean that match was alright but yeah.

Everett winning was good, looking forward to that match against Low - Ki for the title. And I too wonder whats going on with Abyss, we got a peak at Rosemary in the rafters. Reminded me of Sting lol.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes! That's what I thought too. But I was a bit distracted with something else so I just thought it was Abyss. But either way, it reminded me of wcw sting too.

Man I actually like this whole show. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the production of this show reminds me a lot of wwe from around 2001ish. Professional, but not over saturated in the bright lights and corporate interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crithu

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So I haven't paid any attention to Impact since...well...since Jade left...
But...
Rosemary returned and came out to rescue Allie from Sienna & Laurel Van Ness...

Yay!

Rosemary & Allie FTW!

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Not a fan of Abyss returning as a lawyer or the whole josh matthews thing, its like it never ends >.<

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

OH...MY...GOD!!!

Seriously...while I'm excited for the Women's MITB Match...
this is just the best segment I have seen all year.

Rosemary & Allie FTW!

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I am FINALLY caught back up on TNA, so I feel like it's safe to come in here and discuss the best wrestling product on TV right now without getting spoiled. While I will miss coming home from work every day and watching 2 or so episodes, it will be nice to actually be able to talk about the episodes with other people. It's also really refreshing to see people actually discussing Impact and not just being strictly WWE or *insert current "popular" fed here* fans. Looking forward to this week's episode

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
the last episode was pretty good, X division championship was a good co-main event with Low - Ki looking badass as always. The tag match was the only meh one, that's only because I just can't take VOW seriously other than the whole cheap patriotic pop team they come off as. Glad LAX got the win there too.

The main event was fairly predictable but was still a good one and EC3 and Patron both put on a good fight but I reckon they could have used the cage a little more.

On a general note about cage matches, I hate how you can just walk out the door, kinda makes them stupid tbh. Should be ONLY escape, not even pinfall and submission imo.

So i'm guessing at slammerversary it will be EC3 vs Storm, Patrom vs Lashley, LAX vs VOW because *insert USA USA USA chant* *rolls eyes*

I just hope they don't have LAX losing to VOW.

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
You're forgetting the most hyped match for Slammiversary. Steiner and the GOAT vs. Park and JB.

Mayweather is fine on his own, but Wilcox has always been terrible, and as a team, they are definitely the worst on the Impact roster. I don't know that those two will face again at Slammiversary, though. Doesn't seem likely that they have LAX beat VOW in the tag title tournament final just for them to win the belts at the PPV anyway. Plus I feel like they will continue building the momentum of LAX and have them remain unstoppable at the PPV. I could be wrong though.

Cage matches with any kind of escape finish are a terrible concept. The only ones who can really look good are the cowardly heels. If the cage is designed to give the face a place to fight the heel without a place to run and to keep interference out, then why would the face want to run away by escaping the cage when the cage is their opportunity, in most cases, to finally have a fair shot and getting their revenge? It's a broken concept that really needs to be done away with in wrestling about 95% of the time.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Oh dear god, don't remind me of that tag match. I've chosen to block it out of my mind lol

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
I don't see the bad. It means we get Steiner back, and potentially get rid of JB for good.