Summer 2014 Transfer Window Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Swansea signs Fabiansci (spelling?) from Arsenal.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
I prefer Falcao over Suarez for Madrid.
We gotta sell Morata, Khedira and if we get a good offer Lopes and Coentrao.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
I prefer Falcao over Suarez for Madrid.
We gotta sell Morata, Khedira and if we get a good offer Lopes and Coentrao.
Agree. Morata should go to Arsenal while we put a buy back clause on his contract. Coentrao is arguably the most underrated player in RM, needs to stay especially if Marcelo is injury prone. Diego Lopez needs to stay too just because he contributed and Casillas is going to need a breather here and there

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Can't wait to see what @Crayo 's ridiculous transfer hopes are this season for Man U. :)

I'm just hoping Liverpool get one of Antoine Griezmann or Xherdan Shaqiri. Preferably the French man, though.
Shaqiri is definitely a realistic option for Liverpool. He does not get the game time he wants at Bayern.

My transfer hopes are definitely ridiculous because I still have hope that next season we'll be able to compete and that just seems far too unrealistic at the moment. Luke Shaw is almost a certainty now it seems which I am ecstatic about. In my opinion though, the central midfield is where we will either win or lose the transfer window. If we acquire some of the targets we are interested in (Muller, Kroos, Fabregas, Strootman, etc.) then that can kick-start our immediate recovery. If we fail once again and invest in risks in such a pivotal position, then we might make no progress at all. Van Gaal prefers a 4-3-3 formation so we should see investment in the two positions we need it the most in - wingers and central midfielders.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Shaqiri is definitely a realistic option for Liverpool. He does not get the game time he wants at Bayern.

My transfer hopes are definitely ridiculous because I still have hope that next season we'll be able to compete and that just seems far too unrealistic at the moment. Luke Shaw is almost a certainty now it seems which I am ecstatic about. In my opinion though, the central midfield is where we will either win or lose the transfer window. If we acquire some of the targets we are interested in (Muller, Kroos, Fabregas, Strootman, etc.) then that can kick-start our immediate recovery. If we fail once again and invest in risks in such a pivotal position, then we might make no progress at all. Van Gaal prefers a 4-3-3 formation so we should see investment in the two positions we need it the most in - wingers and central midfielders.

We have apparently put in a 15m bid for Shaqiri, which I believe is a good price for him. Bayern might try and bump it up a bit.

I must admit the prospect of having Toni Kroos at Man U makes me jealous as a Liverpool fan and as a football fan in general. He could walk into any team's starting XI with ease, not to mention he's still young and can get better. Isn't Muller more of a right wing/mid then a central midfielder? However, and correct me if I'm wrong, I think he might've played as a false Nine or as a Cam sometimes for Bayern.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Muller can literally play anywhere. This season alone he has played CM, CDM, RM, LM, ST, and CAM. He is one of the most versatile players in world football, but I personally think he's better when he can get into the box.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Apparently Napoli are looking to make a play for Vertonghen. Offering a cash + player deal. Rumored player to go is Goran Pandev.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Mandzukic confirmed to leave Bayern, sighting disagreements with Pep's style of play and philosophy as the reasons.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Diego Costa has confirmed a move to Chelsea according to goal.com

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Bumping this.

Liverpool doing business...Markovic, Lallana and Lambert...

They need a replacement for Suarez but 8.5m for Remy seems like a good deal. Not sure on if he can replace Suarez but he's a good player.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Evra confirmed to Juventus.

Jimmy Durmaz is confirmed to leave Genclerbirligi (say that ten times fast) for Olympiakos

Stopspot

Reaction score
Michel Worm is reported to go from Swansea to Spurs

• Haha
Reactions: Brad.