Summer 2014 Transfer Window Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Hopefully this summer is just as interesting as this year's World Cup when it comes to the transfer window discussion. David Luiz is already going to France for 50 million, and to think that's the first significant move of the summer? Let's get it on!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Me lads over at the Spurs seem committed to signing Pochettino as their new manager. Can't say I know much about Pochettino but one cannot deny his results with helping Southampton rise in the league.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Speaking from Madridista, I hope our major signing is Paul Pogba. We don't need Suarez unless Benzema is gone from Madrid

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So Luiz to PSG for £50 mil is just an absurd amount of money; as much as I love Luiz at Chelsea, it's for the best that we cash in on him now. Means we can easily buy Costa and then a new LB (Shaw hopefully) at the very least without making a loss in the transfer market.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Good luck with Costa. Don't like him but I guess he's better than Torres. Not saying he's exactly world class

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Good luck with Costa. Don't like him but I guess he's better than Torres. Not saying he's exactly world class
He's better than most strikers we've had recently, hopefully he can find his scoring boots immediately at Chelsea. We need someone as good as Drogba was in his hey-day so I guess Costa has to be the man. Heck, Costa and Lukaku here in the upcoming season will be a beastly combo - then we still have guys like Bamford coming from our academy.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Pochettino has been appointed new head coach at the spurs and is being given a budget for transfers to start work.

Little bit giddy tbh

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Pochettino has been appointed new head coach at the spurs and is being given a budget for transfers to start work.

Little bit giddy tbh
You support Spurs?

Also, that's a good appointment. One of his main aims will definitely be to get Lamela playing good. I can see Spurs trying to sign Lallana, and possibly some old Espanyol players/others from La Liga who impressed him. Although a five year contract is a really bold move from Levy.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Juventus are negotiating terms with Real Madrid over Paul Pogba, demanding a player....hmmm

Stopspot

Reaction score
You support Spurs?

Also, that's a good appointment. One of his main aims will definitely be to get Lamela playing good. I can see Spurs trying to sign Lallana, and possibly some old Espanyol players/others from La Liga who impressed him. Although a five year contract is a really bold move from Levy.
I do

Reactions: CFCrusader

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
"I will return to Manchester United if Real Madrid win the Champions League this season." - Cristiano Ronaldo [Marca, 2013]

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what @Crayo 's ridiculous transfer hopes are this season for Man U. :)

I'm just hoping Liverpool get one of Antoine Griezmann or Xherdan Shaqiri. Preferably the French man, though.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Malcolm Glazer just died.

Wonder if it will affect United's work in any way during the transfer season.