Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Re: Rate/Summarize The Last Movie You Saw

SPACE 'MOTHERFUCKING' JAM - top 10 movies of all time

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Blue Valentine [2010] 8/10
Still just as stunning, and powerful as when I saw it on the big screen, one of the films of the year so far.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Sucker Punch

Yeah, yeah, I watch Hollywood movies. I usally go see a movie every weekend, so I have a lot I can review. Anyways, on to the movie right now. I thought the story was actually really good, and it wasn't that hard to follow. Had a video game feel to it, so I really liked that. The CGI was really good, good soundtrack, and overall, I really liked it. I didn't have high expectations going in, but it totally blew me away.

8/10

Rio

Classic animated movie. And I still love it. Some really funny parts matched with a good story led to a pretty fun day out. I would recommend seeing it if your still in to animated movies and such, as it's the best I've seen since Toy Story 3.

8.5/10

Rango

Can sum it up very easier. LOVED IT. Right up there for animated movie of the year, until Cars 2 that is haha.

9/10

I'll be back shorty with more as I see him. Next on my viewing list is Arthur, and Source Code.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Source Code is fantastic, I highly recommend it, and features what has to be one of Jake Gyllenhaal's best performances in a very long time.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
"That's What I am"

So, I was bored yesterday, and "Thats What I am" the new WWE Studios movie featuring Randy Orton was added to watch instantly, so I figured I'd give it a go. I mean, it kinda intrigued me from the previews. And I can say I was pleasantly surprised. You should take into note, however, that I am only 16, so my views of a movie like this will most likely differ from those of your own. It had a good story, and they did a good job of placing it in the right time frame. Orton was great for what they needed him for, and he was not over used at all. Ed Harris made me fan with this performance, as I was impressed by his showing. The child actors were even good as well. All in all, it was a very good movie, with a kinda cheesy, easy to come up with storyline, but hey, it's WWE, so what can you expect? I enjoyed however.

7.5/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Did you see this at the cinema or on DVD, I only ask because I wonder if it will get shown at the pictures over here or come straight on DVD like many of these do? I am not expecting much from it, but based on your review I may give it a go.

Little White Lies (Les Petits Mouchoirs) (2010) 6.5/10
From the director of the excellent thriller Tell No One (one of 2007's best films). This is drama, but also a black comedy, about a group of friends who at the begining have someone close to them admitted to hospital, with life threating injuries, but still decide to go on their planned hoilday, but to cut it a bit short. Anyway over the course of the film, all sorts of dark secrets come out, impacting upon their lives, that is all I can tell you plot wise. It is an odd film, because it is actually very funny and entertaining, but still you have this darkness lurking in the background, it is about two and an half hours long, but to be fair you don't really feel the length, for a long time it seems like a well made film, but one which can't really decide what it wants to be. For a long time it seems to be going no where, but when it grabs you it really grabs you, it does pack an emotional punch. The acting is very good, it doesn't all work, but is well worth sticking with.

Killswitch

Reaction score
The Expendables - Sylvester Stallone carts out some old stars and new ones for a 90 minute shoot 'em up. Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Steve Austin and the Terry Guy from the Reebok commercials. Cameo's from Arnold and Bruce Willis. I came into this with the lowest of low expectations so this slightly exceeded them. Not saying much 2/5

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Keith, I watched it on Netflix, as my theater never got it.

Source Code

Man, went and saw this last night, and as expected, I loved it. I am already a huge fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, so I was already going in with a smile on my face. Anyways, as for the movie, the story was very well developed, and really cool to put it simple. Very original, and again, had a video game feel to it, which sucks me in right away. I really had to pay attention though, to follow it, as it was hard in some parts, but made it very worth it. If you like Science Fiction, then I think you will like this very much, as it was a great story.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree with that, and I did find myself totally involved in the characters and story, and even bought into the romatic element, even if it was so strange, and you were not sure if there was any logically way it could work out, I also like how it nodded towards other films, like Strangers on a Train and A Matter of Life and Death for example, one of my highlights of the year so far.

Gods and Monsters (1998) 7.5/10
Power drama, with Ian Mckellen brilliantly playing the horror filmmaking James Whale, in his twilight years, the film show his relationship with his young gardener. It has a lot of interesting things to say about celebrity, and how an artist can become consumed by his work, and almost live in that world exclusively, it was also a character study of these two very different people, and how they both needed someone to fill a void in their lives.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Alice in the Cities (Alice in den Stadten) (1973) 8/10
Nicely observed, and tender tale from Wim Wenders, about a writer suffering writers block, who upon leaving New York for his homeland of Germany comes across a mother and daughter, who like him are left at a loose end, when they are told they can not get a direct flight to Germany, so they book a flight to Holland together for the next day. He looks after the young girl Alice, while the mother tries to tie up loose ends with her husband, after receiving a note saying she can't go to Holland right away, the writer takes the young girl, and they wait for the mother in Amsterdam, but when she doesn't arrive as expected, he must look after Alice, and with money fast running out, things become intense. Yella Rottlander who plays Alice gives a wonderfully composed performace, she has the look of a girl lost in the world, who is used to constant disapointment, and who is in need of a father figure, but you see her grown thoughout the film, and in the end she becomes the stronger of the two characters, as he falls apart, she displays muturaity beyond her years. Like any key Wenders film, music and atmosphere play a key part, and this starts off very silent, before being bought to life by classic rock'n'roll, and the simple of haunting score from German band Can. The pacing of each scene is just about right, and it is a film where you are left to project your own thoughts and feelings on the characters and story itself. A beautiful film indeed.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Knucklehead.

So yeah, was bored again, figured I'd give it a try. I don't know about any of you, who most likely think it was dumb, I enjoyed it. Big Show had me laughing, and really surprised me on how he did. Basically about an orphan who was never adopted so lives at the Orphanage. Some damage is done, and Walter (Big Show) has to come up with money to fix it. He meets a fight promoter, and ends up going cross country fighting, and making money. Pretty good story, to be honest. I think WWE studios isn't that bad, come to think of it.

7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That should become your catch phase, "And yeah, so I was bored" Get your excuses in early I say, I mean I was watching Home Alone 2 yesterday!:spy:

Kairi

Reaction score
XMEN first class - it gives a lot of background but considering what it is about it's expected, good movie though - 7/10

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Arthur

Just for Keith...So I was bored tonight, and called up my friends, and we went a saw Arthur, starting Russel Brand. I expected a lot going into it because the trailers had me hooked. It was the last showing at my awesome 2 dollar admission theater (freaking ripoff man) and I can say I was presently surprised. It's a love story where a grown man, born in to wealth is given a choice, marry a corporate personal to keep your wealth, or give up your wealth for the girl you really love. The conflict comes when his girlfriend finds out that he is engaged. Pretty good tale. And really, I was laughing from start to end. Nice emotional parts thrown in as well to make it more then just a "comedy" ya know? I would high recommend seeing this, as it was easily one of the funniest movies I have seen so far this year.

10/10

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So I just watched

That's What I Am

I think a different title may have helped. Surprisingly good movie for WWE Films if they mix this with action flicks, and avoid always using there own wrestlers it could be quite a studio. Randy Orton has probably a grand total of 15 minutes in the movie and plays a dick (what a stretch). But the film is really good in the vein of the Sandlot or Wonder Years. Could have had some more Action in my opinion there were spots that just kinda dragged but it manages to keep you engaged. The young cast in the movie do a really good job. Ed Harris is great in everything he does.

7.5/10