Summarize and Rate the Last Movie You Saw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dademo

Reaction score
The Shawshank Redemption

I've seen it countless times and countless times again I am impressed. The story and concept is awesome and the acting is great. I love the charactor development of Andy throughout the entire film and the way he escapes from prison is classic yet impressive.

10/10

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Dademo's rankings confuse me. I mean he said a movie was an overall great film, but rated it 7/10?

Anyway...

Takers

Rubbish

3/10

Dademo

Reaction score
Dademo's rankings confuse me. I mean he said a movie was an overall great film, but rated it 7/10?

Anyway...

Takers

Rubbish

3/10

Yeah looking back I don't know why I gave that movie a 7/10. I think it deserved probably like an 8.75 but not a 9 or 10.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Re: Rate/Summarize The Last Movie You Saw

The Fighter - 5/10

I'm a huuuuuge fan of both Micky Ward and Mark Wahlberg, so Wahlberg playing Ward seemed like a huge hit IMO.

Shame about the stupid faggy script concentrating more on Ward's drug addict bro than the Ward/Gatti trilogy, which is the main thing Ward is remembered for.

:mad:

Ben

Reaction score

The Other Guys 8/10

Marky Mark Waldberg and Will Ferrell in a buddy cop comedy movie, funny as hell.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
BLACK SWAN
This was actually my second viewing of this, as I first saw it the week it came out, and then saw it again last night at my local Arthouse cinema, and for me it held up just as well on the second viewing. Its a career best performance from Portman who not only impressed me the way she balked up and looked the part, but how she carried the emotion and anxiety of the character all the way through. The master stroke of the film is that on the one hand it does present a very realistic and troubling view of the extreme pressures placed on performers in the Ballet World, but at the sametime has turned it into a full on genre piece nodding to directors such as Dario Argento, David Lynch and Maro Bava. It is very scary and tense, as well as being finely crafted with great special effects make-up, and apart from Portman has a strong supporting cast. There is unlikely to be a better film released at the cinema this year IMO.

9/10

Confessions (KOKUHAKU)
This was the Japanese entry for Best Foreign film at this years Oscar's, it did not make the short list. It is not too often I agree with The Academy's decission's but I think they got this one right. This hard hitting black comedy set in a high school started off quite promising, but very soon loses its way. It attempts to take after films like Gus Van Saints Elephant or Battle Royale, but just ends up ripping them off. It is way too punderous, self-indultgent and lacking in depth, and just doesn't bring enough new to the subject. In the end it can't make up its mind weather it wants to be a satire or more of a gripping thriller, and ends up as being a bit of a boring mess. It does have its moments, it is stylish and quite haunting in places, the ending I did find to be powerful, but really much ado about nothing.

5.5/10

dta629

Reaction score

Devil.....
90 minutes of my life i can never get back......stuck in an elevator with satan....1 out of 5

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Silence of the Lambs

I had never seen this before until last weekend, I had heard many great things about it but had never gotten around to seeing it. Great film and the acting by Hopkins in particular is stunning. The calculated sadistic control is great to watch and really draws you into the character. One thing that caught me off guard was Jodie Foster's accent in the film, it is really really strong and took about thirty minutes to get used to. One other complaint, if you could call it that, was that the film was too short. The time flew by watching this and that is a testament to how good the film is.

10/10

Dademo

Reaction score
Jackass 3

I torrented so I didn't see it in 3D, but nontheless, it was a great film. It was great in my opinion for the obvious reasons. The humor, the dirtiness, and everything in between made it so funny and so good. Growing attached to the guys on the cast from watching previous movies and TV shows made me happy that they got together and did this film.

9/10.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Daybreakers

New spin on green minded politics and conservation. SPLENDID film about the future and how humans are now vampires (yey symbolism) and their squandering of resources have left them in a tight spot. Ethan Hawke, Claudia Karvan and Willem DaFoe.

9/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have people here gone mad? SOTL 10/10? Its good but not that good. And Jackass 3 and Daybreakers 9/10? One I haven't seen and have little intention of doing, but am pretty certain its no mastpiece, and the other one is a run of the mill Post-Matrix Sci-fi which had its moments, but was never going to be anything other than just passible.

Rabbit Hole 7/10
Solid drama which I found to be quite haunting, and had some intertesting moments of black comedy along with good performances, on the other hand it did feel a bit stagey, and was lacking a little on the story front, but a decent watch.

Paul 3/10
The worse film of the year so far for me. I can't believe something with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in and written by them too can be so unfunny. The pair do lack something when they don't have Edger Weights direction, and this just felt like a bad mix of Spielberg film with a over use of a couddly Alien, and a teenage nerdy film with a potty month. There were a good supporting cast with the likes of Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig and Jane Lynch, but they were just wasted. Wiig for for example starts out as a sestive realgouis girl who as a result of meeting Pegg, Frost and Alien swears every other sentence. Its a mess.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
McGruber
Rented this as I thought it may be good for a laugh. I turned it off after forty minutes (it felt like two hours) and will never subject myself to that again. It simply wasn't funny, SNL should stop trying to make movies they can't top Blues Brothers.
No rating since it wasn't worth finishing

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
I am a big fan of the original movie and decided that it was about time I watched the sequel. Shia LaBeouf seems to be in a lot of big movies and he is only 24, I liked him in Eagle Eye and he plays his role well in this movie as well. Douglas is great as always playing a more worldly Gecko after eight years in jail. The timing of the movie is good, focussing on the recent financial crisis and revolving the plot around that. The story was strong but nowhere near as intense as the original film. Good film but doesn't stand up to the original.

5/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Paul 3/10
Can't believe a film with the classic duo of Frost and Pegg not just onscreen, but also writting can be so unfunny, and such a mess. The level of the humour is just so potty mouth (just for the sake of it), and is over crammed with geeky film references, and the film is an ugly mix of Spielberg cuddly alien gimmicks and frat boy human. Plus when you don't have Edgar Weight as director I don't think the leads seem as funny or charming. There is a good supporting cast, but they are wasted. The poorest film I have seen at the cinema so far this year.

Please Give 9/10
One of my favourite films of last year, a shape black comedy with an outstanding cast including Catherine Keener, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt and Rebecca Hall. It is like classic Woody Allen, but from the female prospective, with actaully real life problems, it is beautifully scripted and tightly shot with a uban New York feel. Very entertaning, but bleak and touching too. Nicole Holofcener is a real voice for the future.

Ran (1985) 10/10
Kurossawa's version of King Lear is a true masterpiece, and maybe his last great film.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^Disappointed that Paul isn't very good. I am a Pegg and Frost fan and was hoping this would be up there with Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Inception
Awesome movie. They explain everything well in the first fifteen minutes and I like how they use Ariadne, through the questions she asks Cobb, to help explain more throughout the film. Great action film and for such an obscure concept the story actual works quite well. Everything is really well explained and from reading some reviews it sounded like it was a complicated movie to watch but it wasn't in the end. It is far-fetched but other than that it is great. I really liked the ending as well with the spinning top still spinning, it shows that he doesn't care anymore about extraction/inception this was his last job and now he is back with his family he doesn't care about that world anymore. One of the best films I have seen in a very long time and it will be one I watch again and again.

9/10

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The Freebie
Long drawn out melodrama that was strictly for the Canns audience who boner over boring movies about a couple who want to spice up their sex life by cheating on eachother, but with the twist of the guy not doing it and menstrating over it.

3/10

Middlemen

Luke Wilson in his best performance of his career, but the scattered storyline and TNA-esque layout almost ruins it. Bits and parts were very good, and then some really over the top crap, that seemed far fetched for a movie that is based on actual people. Plus the cornvenient ending left me feeling meh.

5/10