NXT Season 5

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Once again I am surprised that there was no elimination this week this has nearly gone for six months and there is no end in sight.

Kidd vs. Gabriel does sound like a good match. I read the results for this week and I wish they had this match on Smackdown so more people could see it, would be a good feud on Smackdown. I do like that Matt Striker is wrestling again. He isn't being used often outside of NXT so I like that he is being used in the ring as well as being the host.

With the WWE Network supposedly 18 months away I am sure that NXT will continue since WWE can then show this on the network once it debuts. Hopefully Season 6 has a strong rookie list AND a strong pro list. No more jobbers as pro's and don't pick guys you are going to fire, two pro's have been fired from this season.

Aniking

Reaction score
Hopefully Season 6 has a strong rookie list AND a strong pro list. No more jobbers as pro's and don't pick guys you are going to fire, two pro's have been fired from this season.

I read after season 3 that season 4 was supposed to be a very strong season, but they decided to hold off those Rookies until season 5. Then when season 4 finally finished, they clearly only had 5 Rookies planned for it, so the WWE decided to recycle the unsuccessful NXT Rookies to find that final spot. Also I read that the Pros that have been used for season 5 were intentionally picked as they're saving the better Pros for the better Rookies.

I won't watch NXT again until season 6 starts as I feel it'll actually be worthwhile watching.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That would make sense that they keep the big names for the big name rookies. They have quite a few big name rookies left in FCW to make it a strong season and I would assume that quite a few would make it onto the main roster.

Here is my pick for NXT Season 6 rookies:

Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Rotunda, Richie Steamboat, Xavier Woods and Peter Orlov

Now that would be a must watch season.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Will Seth Rollins, Leakee, Peter Orlov, Richie Steamboat, Xavier Woods and Dylan Drake be part of NXT Season 6? Bet only one out of that list will make it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But looking at the FCW roster there really aren't that many other options outside those I listed as most have already been on NXT or are too green. I think that of those I listed at least three will make it.

Will anyone other than Titus O'Neill win this series? Also will any rookies from this season make it to the main roster?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Bateman and Young and Titus should all just go on the roster already. They've proven to hold decent matches on NXT anyways.

I reckon with NXT Season 6, they won't all be from FCW... WWE has been using people from other promotions. One comes to mind just now...

SEBASTIAN CRUZ! HE MUST BE ON NXT SEASON 6!!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know if any of the remaining NXT rookies will make it on the main card. The crowd is behind Titus so he has a leg up but the other two I can't see them doing any better than Johnny Curtis.

True they could sign a new name to put on NXT but with all the talent in FCW there is no need unless they are debuting those guys on the main roster the old fashioned way.

I have no idea who Cruz is.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Sebastian Cruz was made world-wide after jobbing out to Mark Henry on Smackdown two weeks ago. He was the one that was brutalized.

He used the name Bobby Howard, sorry for confusing ya.

Aniking

Reaction score
I don't think that Bobby Howard guy would get signed. He doesn't seem to have any size about him, looking more along the lines of Colin Delaney. Then again WWE don't have actual jobbers employed like they used to, so who knows.

Maybe the extended NXT5 is due to the WWE wanting to place more exposure on Bateman, Young and O'Neil? I think it has been a success in that case, and here's why:
- Thanks to him being partnered up with the popular Hornswoggle, O'Neil is over with the crowd as he gets cheered every week. He has gone from being eliminated first in NXT2 to being the favourite from the very beginning of NXT5.
- Darren Young likely replaced Derrick Bateman in NXT5 due to Bateman getting injured, but also due to the fact Young wasn't being used and it made sense to place him back in considering he is a past NXT Rookie.
- Bateman was probably the most over Rookie in NXT History last season, so throwing him back into it all was likely to remind everybody about him.

If the WWE want next season to be an even playing field, O'Neil shouldn't win. It's a tough decision as all three of them have proven themselves fully capable of putting on entertaining matches, although O'Neil is the choice that just makes sense.

I wrote an article in April assessing all NXT seasons, and I also predicted who I thought would be in NXT6. I predicted Bo Rotundo, Richie Steamboat, Seth Rollins, Wes Brisco and Xavier Woods, with Brett DiBiase and Damien Sandow as two other possibilities. I will stick with my original 5, but I have to replace Wes Brisco considering he was released a month or two ago, but I won't replace him with DiBiase as DiBiase is having knee issues and as a result has been primarily used as an FCW referee. To narrow it down, it'll either be Big E Langston, Calvin Raines, Damien Sandow, Dean Ambrose, Leakee or Peter Orlov. Who will I pick? My gut still says Sandow, but my head says Leakee or Orlov, so idk. As much as I wanna see Ambrose in it, it likely won't happen.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Bobby Howard got a pretty decent reaction, yes he's scrawny and skinny but I reckon if he got into FCW or something, bulked up a little... He might actually be decent.

Look at Trent Barretta, he's skinny as but talented.

Aniking

Reaction score
Bobby Howard got a pretty decent reaction, yes he's scrawny and skinny but I reckon if he got into FCW or something, bulked up a little... He might actually be decent.

Look at Trent Barretta, he's skinny as but talented.

He got a decent reaction because Henry has a lot of heat on him over the beatings he has dished out recently, so the crowd were just getting behind the random underdog. Barreta isn't actually that skinny, he's just a little small in height. The guy is pretty ripped, but Bobby Howard isn't.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Still could see him on NXT to make up the numbers I suppose.

Be interesting to see when Season 5 does END.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They have enough guys in FCW that they don't need to sign guys like that for the show. They would only put a reasonably well known name straight from signing them on NXT.

I would like for WWE to announce the next elimination so fans at least know when to expect a winner.

PegasusKid

Reaction score
I am begining to get the feeling WWE are dragging this season out because spots that were filed have been emptied for some reason ir another and I think they are trying to find sutible replacments. Personaly thing is a joke. Either turn it into a tough enough style program or cut it and built up superstars as a third SEPERATE brand. Zack RFyder Superstar Champion. I think it sounds good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think they are just waiting until the international broadcast agreements for NXT, and Superstars, expire. They have to keep it going until those deals end but I had thought they would go for a new series by now.

Just looking at this week's spoilers and there was no elimination yet again.