NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
My favorite inclusions are two Patriots, Logan Mankins (who didn't play until a few weeks ago) and Brandon Meriweather (who is awful and has been benched a bunch of times, only noted this year for the most blatant helmet-to-helmet hit I can remember).

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Your Picture Perfect ending to Summerslam

Not understanding why Wayne is getting the nod as the starter over Bowe. Good to see the usual suspects of the Ravens in the pro bowl esp Ngata who's actually been the best defensive player probably this year for B-More. That was pretty tough to leave Rodgers out but same could have been said if Brees got left out.

Reaction score
NFL needs to re-align the divisions or something so a shit team that goes 8-8 or 9-7 cannot make it into the finals over a side going 11-5 etc

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think it's gonna be discussed for sure however don't see it being changed. As fucked up as a better team not getting into the playoffs is they probably don't want someone winning the division but not making it in regardless of how sorry the division is.

Ben

Reaction score
The NFL will announce a decision in the Brett Favre/Jenn Sterger case within the next 48 hours, a person familiar with the case told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

nfl_a_sterger_sy_65.jpg

Sterger
112.jpg

Favre
Favre, currently with the Vikings, is not expected to be suspended, but he will be disciplined, according to the source. The discipline will include a fine.
The league has been investigating allegations that Favre sent inappropriate photos and phone messages to Sterger in 2008, when he was the quarterback for the New York Jets and she was a game hostess for the team.
Sterger's manager, Phil Reese, has said his client would like the league to "implement a program" to prevent unwanted advances similar to those she is alleging Favre made.
Reese said Sterger wants the league to discipline Favre before his career ends. "It's not a money story," Reese said, adding his client's goal is some acknowledgment that Favre was in the wrong.
Favre has said this season will be his last.
The Vikings, who have been eliminated from playoff contention, play at Detroit Sunday in their final game of the season. Favre missed Tuesday night's game against the Eagles with concussion-related symptoms. His status for the game against the Lions is unclear.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Pretty convenient that they waited to the last week of the regular season to make a call on this, still see no suspension being handed out though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Considering I'm pretty sure he'll finally sit his ass down a suspension wouldn't do anything anyways. If anything it would help his decision to retire even more.

MrMister

Reaction score
NFL needs to re-align the divisions or something so a shit team that goes 8-8 or 9-7 cannot make it into the finals over a side going 11-5 etc

This happens from time to time. The NFL can't control who is good and who is bad, unless you go for conspiracy theories.

The alignment exists the way it does because of region and to keep old rivalries intact. It's the best way really and this situation is just a flaw in the system. It's doubtful any system they use will be flawless.

Conference/division alignment is the least of the NFL's concern. We're looking at looming work stoppage in 2011. Fuck that.

SAL

Reaction score
I both agree with MrMister and support his musical contributions.

[youtube]aWyeVfuolT4[/youtube]

Re-aligning just because none of four teams had a good record one year is foolish. In retrospect, you could say the biggest mistake they made was expanding the league and then going to four-team divisions. That really increased the chances that something like this would happen. What I'd like would be if they smushed these divisions together and had 4 8-team divisions. The only problem would be the scheduling difficulties, as they have a pretty good system set up.

And Mr. Mr. is also right that even if the league wanted to make a stupid reactionary move, this isn't the time to do it. Although the league does love its stupid reactionary moves, doesn't it? Changing the OT rules for the playoffs because Brett Favre lost a game on a field goal. Focusing on head injuries immediately just because there were a few bad ones in the span of a week. That's Goodell's thing.

SAL

Reaction score
If Goodell cared about sending a message with his Personal Conduct policy (another "brilliant" invention), he'd declare that the scarce evidence he had was enough to suspend Favre for what would be the last start of his career. Instead he's dragged his feet about it for a couple of months, and he comes down with this compromise horseshit, fining him only for not cooperating with the investigation. God forbid he sully the name of the legend, Brett Favre, by telling us everything we already know, that Favre sexually harassed women and sent pictures of his babydick to them.

You know what? I hope Favre comes back next year. I'd love to see his "legacy" even more tarnished.

MrMister

Reaction score
Pretty sure Favre will need to be severely injured or killed for him to stop playing. He's the type that can't just move on and do other stuff.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This is finally the year I'll be surprised if he comes back. Just too many reasons for him to retire. But if he comes back then yeah man may never retire.

Ben

Reaction score
I don't see Favre coming back next year, he may still want to play one more season, but I don't see a lot of interest from the Vikings or other teams to sign him. He can come out and throw the occasional good game together, but his body is breaking down and he's really a shell of his self in his prime.