NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
notice how one way or the other everything turns into something about favre. guess we'll see who wins tonight

Ben

Reaction score
I'm not one of those Packers fan that hates Favre....the guy has been a grade A Douche Bag the last few years...but it sucks to see him try to go out there and look like shit and know getting injured right and left.

Don't think this taints his legacy much, but the guy should of not come back this year, and there's no way in hell he comes back next year. No one is going to want him, and he's got to know he's got nothing left in the tank.

MrMister

Reaction score
I have no sympathy for him. He chose to keep playing knowing this is an unforgiving, punishing game. I almost admire his toughness, but then I remember all his drama. I love how all the ESPN douchebags say he's doing this for his teammates. Bullshit, he does this for himself. Where was he during training camp helping out his teammates get ready for the season?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I have no sympathy for him. He chose to keep playing knowing this is an unforgiving, punishing game. I almost admire his toughness, but then I remember all his drama. I love how all the ESPN douchebags say he's doing this for his teammates. Bullshit, he does this for himself. Where was he during training camp helping out his teammates get ready for the season?
Pretty much as you can't tell me this man isn't purposely skipping training camp since he always just so happens to take his time on his comeback and comes in right after training camp is done with like 4 years in a row. I still respect the man's game and what he's done but he has indeed tainted his legacy imo since instead of leaving on top of his game he is gonna leave old and battered.

MrMister

Reaction score
Btw, I still can't believe that Eagles comeback yesterday. Greatest comeback in the least amount of time I've ever seen.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If Vick fell out of some people's MVP voting a little bit then I'm sure he is back in it after that. Brady is up there with him though.

MrMister

Reaction score
Yeah it's gotta be between them and them alone at this point. We'll see how these last two games play out. Right now I'd have them neck and neck, giving the ever so slight edge to Vick. He's done what he's done in less games.

I'm biased though with Vick on my fantasy team.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: I wish I would have got Vick on my team guy putting up crazy numbers. Just notice he hasn't had a game under a 83.0 QB rating. Pretty impressive.

MrMister

Reaction score
What makes Vick such a ridiculous fantasy player is his rushing stats. You get more points from rushing yards and rushing TDs. So it's kinda like having an extra RB on your team some weeks.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Who are the running backs on your fantasy team?

MrMister

Reaction score
I got MJD as the mainstay. The others are LeGarrette Blount and Brian Westbrook. I've been lucky with WRs though, they've outperformed my RBs by far overall.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I've seen that Eagles/Giants game twice now, Its def in the top 5 games of this season. I still think Brady is the MVP cause hes been in every game this season I think thats the only real reason, but don't get me wrong Vick is playing like a beast/Monster, but Vick should win Comeback of the year or offensive player of the year but I think DeSean Jackson should win that.

List time I checked Vick had 59% and Bady had 41%

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d81d12720/Top-10-NFL-Comebacks?module=HP_video

MrMister

Reaction score
They're extremely close in stats. Brady has a lesser support cast, but Vick is a double threat. Vick has played less games. Factor in those games he's missed and Vick would have the clear edge. However, he DID miss those games so I think it's almost too close to call.

I'd vote Vick because he's never won one, he's legit double threat, and he's led a team to the playoffs that was not supposed to be anywhere near this good.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think Vick is gonna get it just because I think more people wanna see him get it after all that he went through leading up to this. Going from superstar who couldn't pocket pass to prison to back up to MVP who proved people wrong that he could pocket pass yet still be the same runner is quite impressive.