NCAA Football Season 2014-2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Well I figured I'd start this up since it's only a short bit away, not sure how many of you are into college football but I'm pretty into it myself and figured I'd make a thread if anyone wants to discuss.

The championship this year will be decided via winner of a 4-team playoff bracket which I can see being between about 4-6 teams currently; although we'll see how the season plays out and then come back to it.

Some big news came out today, Braxton Miller is looking to be out the remainder of the season due to re-injuring his shoulder.. Some (even around here in Columbus, OH where I'm at) are in major doubt that OSU will accomplish anything this year.. Personally I am not one of those people; I'm a big fan of JT Barrett and think he could provide some awesome plays in the absence of Braxton.. if all else fails we have a black Tebow-like college player named Cardale Jones who may be able to pull out some good wins.. The schedule for OSU isn't that tough so I imagine the loss of our starting QB won't be too detrimental.. hopefully.. :)

My projected winner for the National Championship this season is Florida State out of the ACC.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I never doubt Ohio State. Those guys always pull something out of their a**

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was at work the other day and my friend was talking about college football. He was shocked about how little I cared for it because I am the biggest NFL fan he knows.

I tried to name 10 NCAA players and made it to like 6. And Miller was one of them, and he's done now.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't know much about college ball. The only team I really follow is Maryland. I usually watch some big-name teams like Florida State, Oregon, and the like when nothing else is on.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah, for SEC On ESPN.

I haven't cared for NCCA Football since Tebow was playing. After that I could care less about anything.

I stopped watching it for awhile after like Vince Young and Matt Leinart =/ but now I watch it strictly to scout up and comers who may make nice NFL players.

Reactions: Red Rain

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
subbing to the thread and looking forward to UT's 4th straight 5-7 season woooooooooo

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Can't wait to not know anyone on Penn State's roster for the 4th year in a row.
They got a lot of solid recruits coming in this season a pro-style QB, 2 4-star recruit WRs, a sick looking TE.
Defense is looking solid on the recruit end too, they got 2 3-star safeties which ain't have bad.
I'd monitor them closely this season man, if the chemistry gets built early between the freshmen skill position players they could be something special the following season.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Optimism at its finest :)

:lol1:

How's this: I expect the team to look a lot better but still wind up 5-7 because our schedule's pretty ridiculous. :eek:tunga: And while there's a lot of hotshot recruits that sound like they're fun to watch, but recent years have taught me to be skeptical. Damn you Lane Kiffin!

Oh, and Auburn for the national title, winning 4+ games via fluky double-swat TD's.