JJ Resigns From TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tapout doesn't know who Jerry Jarrett is....thought he was Lawler lololololol legit.

Funny thing is, CMT carrying a wrestling company would work. And you know another thing? Steve Austin has two shows on that network, maybe a lil greasing of palms could put ole Stone Cold on a different wrestling show.

And Psychie-boy, Konnan and AAA are already committed to the launching of the El Rey/Ray?sometyhing like that Network. Doubt he can help out Jarrett. Pretty easy to find talent, there are like a million guys out there who work for peanuts.

Not saying any of this works or even happens, but hey if there are more wrestling shows out there, the better it is for everyone.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I mean it could be a huge disaster but I'll give it a shot and I'm honestly looking forward to it a little.

Reactions: SAIYANS

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
My bad .. JJ can work with LLUSA though which doesn't hurt if aaa isn't available.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
History says that it would fail, but as long as they do something different to what TNA has been doing for the last few years I'd be will to give it a go.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- The expected wrestling promotion with Jeff Jarrett and country music star Toby Keith is said to be a long way from happening. The partnership came together when TNA was for sale and Jarrett went through his Nashville music industry connections trying to put together a bid to buy the company. The deal was reportedly very close at one point.

Bob Carter came to Keith to finalize the deal and the two sides were close on a price, although they were not quite there. The belief is they were going to hash it out but Carter only had one request in selling, which was that Dixie Carter would remain with her title, have some power in the company and remain a TV character.
Keith said he wasn’t going to buy the company with any creative limitations so the deal actually fell apart because Bob Carter in the end was going to protect his daughter. Someone in TNA close to the situation said, “That’s why we all are still here,” noting if it was about business, TNA would have never survived after the big move to primetime TV and the Hulk Hogan debacle failed to stop the company from losing money. At that point, the feeling was from Keith and Jarrett that they didn’t need to buy the company as they could start their own.

When this story got out within TNA, those who believed Janice Carter's memo about not selling realized they had been had.

Regarding Jarrett and Keith's promotion, one person with knowledge described it as being in step 1 of a 10 step project and that it would likely be late this year at the earliest before it's off the ground.
Dixie wants to be Steph without putting in the work lol.

Toby and JJ can do it themselves. Get cmt, get NWA affiliation, add AJ Styles, and use JJs international contacts.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Heard that story on Konnans podcast a week or two ago, found it hilarious that Daddy Warbucks just wants his daughter in something that would keep her out of the real family bidness.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm pretty certain that if JJ showed up at a WWE event right now, hardly anyone would know who the hell he is or why he's so special.

Hell... I've been a wrestling fan since the 80's and even I have no idea why the fuck he's so special.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm pretty certain that if JJ showed up at a WWE event right now, hardly anyone would know who the hell he is or why he's so special.

Hell... I've been a wrestling fan since the 80's and even I have no idea why the fuck he's so special.

For me he's just been a guy that I've always enjoyed what he's done. He's never someone I think should have been bigger or anything and he's one of the reasons WCW died so quickly but he just entertains me.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

You'd have said the samething about Nash before both Rumbles where he got huge reactions.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You'd have said the samething about Nash before both Rumbles where he got huge reactions.

But Nash had been a part of the NWO and also had returned to WWE in 2003, Jarrett hasn't been in the with the company since 99. Also, the real test for Nash was would he sustain those reactions for longer than a few minutes.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
But Nash had been a part of the NWO and also had returned to WWE in 2003, Jarrett hasn't been in the with the company since 99. Also, the real test for Nash was would he sustain those reactions for longer than a few minutes.

The people that started cheering Nash knew who he was and other jumped in due to the reaction. Explain Golddust? I mean it happens people come back who have been gone and you have just enough fans to get everyone else to cheer for them too.

And were also acting like nobody that goes to or watches WWE has seen TNA and that's not the case.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The people that started cheering Nash knew who he was and other jumped in due to the reaction. Explain Golddust? I mean it happens people come back who have been gone and you have just enough fans to get everyone else to cheer for them too.

And were also acting like nobody that goes to or watches WWE has seen TNA and that's not the case.

No, I agree some WWE fans do watch TNA and will know who Jarrett is. I just think that over a decade is a long time to be gone from a company. While like you I have always found Jarrett quite entertaining, point is he was never much more than a mid-carder in WWF. Nash did main event and was part of the biggest faction in history and that is the difference for me.

Jarrett might do alright making the odd appearance, much more than that I don't see it working.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Comparing Kevin Nash to Jeff Jarrett? Ha!....Nash drew money, Jarrett never did shit.

Sting and Hardy were the main reasons Spike picked up TNA, that and they know wrestling programs will garner their biggest ratings because ECW and WWE were the only programs they ever had before UFC that ever moved the needle.

Fact, TNA has roughly around a million viewers, a big chunk of them are people like us who just talk shit about it, if it wasn't their biggest PPV buyrates would've been more than 25 thousand and I'm being generous with that number.

Reactions: We Are Legion

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
TNA's biggest PPV buyrates are theses:

1). Genesis 2006 (Joe vs Angle) – 60,000
2). Bound for Glory II (Sting vs Jarrett) – 55,000
3). Lockdown 2008 (Lockdown match plus Joe vs Angle) – 55,000
4). Final Resolution 2006 (Sting’s return to TNA) – 55,000
5). Bound for Glory I (Jarrett vs Rhino) – 40,000

Apparently their buyrates have slipped, but I dunno, these look right; still bad but by this, Joe is a top draw in TNA lol >.>

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Not really hard to explain Goldust. He was over and heavily featured in the attitude era, he was over and heavily featured post invasion. He was over and featured weekly with ecw. It's not like he hasn't been there in every era. The outlaws would be a better reference