JJ Resigns From TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
A whole lotta shit I have no interest in seeing?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Honestly, I just don't see him getting a big enough reaction WWE would need around those times, why waste the money?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
A whole lotta shit I have no interest in seeing?
Not a fan of southern wrasslin?

They kinda have everything to do it. JJ can be an in ring performer, AJ is not committed, Jerry has nwa ties, Keith is a connect to cmt, saddler helps them travel, JR has admitted he met with Keith this weekend and he can be a talent relation guy and commentator, Sting will be a free agent this month, and konan is a pipeline to Mexico.

I'm not expecting great, hell there's never going to be a wwe alternative but this is if it happens is likely a step above tna and roh

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

They kinda have everything to do it. JJ can be an in ring performer, AJ is not committed, Jerry has nwa ties, Keith is a connect to cmt, saddler helps them travel, JR has admitted he met with Keith this weekend and he can be a talent relation guy and commentator, Sting will be a free agent this month, and konan is a pipeline to Mexico.

I'm not expecting great, hell there's never going to be a wwe alternative but this is if it happens is likely a step above tna and roh

Would it even be an alternative to TNA?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
TNA isn't really southern wrasslin, NWA-TNA was but Dixie cut all that off. She removed the NWA belts, she got rid of Sadler who was helping them tour, and they changed up production, and everything else in an attempt to be more like wwe. I would say it may look more like the original TNA with all the world cups, championship committees, and the like IMO

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

So what you're saying is, a company with a bunch of broken old wrestlers would be a step above TNA and RoH? JJ has no business being an in ring competitor at this point, let alone a main event guy for any company. Sting is well into his fifties. Not good for a "New" company. Keith has little to no background in wrestling management. Lawler isn't going to leave WWE for any upstart company. I highly doubt JR would have anything to do with it. That leaves AJ Styles as the only REAL in ring superstar that you can base the company around but even he is older, and needs a hell of a supporting cast to get over. RoH would be more over if they had better television deals. Right now they only show in like 25 states, and on only a few select channels. If they can bring in some power hitters in the back and on stage, and get a TV deal like TNA has, I think they could have a legit chance to become bigger than TNA was.

Reactions: Dale

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Fact is ROH isn't shit, they still have no major deal and mean fuck all. Make no excuses about their market etc, they are a simple pimple on the ass in terms of importance, they aren't the equivalent of ecw in the 90s or AWA in the 80s, and they haven't amounted to shot no matter how much smoke Cornette or some Indy midgets want to blow up your ass.

Fact is TNA has nowhere to tape, lost their founder, can't sign back their stars, and are going to have a hell of a time if they lose the one thing keeping them floating and that's their spike deal. You don't think they would pull it? I got news for you, they are part of the network that dropped ecw for raw and would drop impact so fast for SmackDown your head would spin. That happens and its death, it was death for WCW when they wouldn't have a home for nitro or thunder and it was death for ecw, both of whom were more valuable than TNA has ever been

What does JJ and Keith have that TNA doesn't if they wanted to start? JJ started TNA like it or not. JJ has spent the past couple years making contacts in Mexico, India, and he brokered deals with Japan and the NWA before. He brokered their ppv deal to start with alongside his father. It started the background for TNA. TNA got to tour at the beginning because it was jarrett who arranged a deal with hermit Sadler to cover the costs of live events. Keith has more experience than Dixie, there's a difference between Dixie and Keith. Keith earned his money, he made his money, he worked for his money, while Dixie's daddy handed TNA to her as a gift. A gift that's ran on a negative, she's not Stephanie, she didn't spend years learning the business in every facet and doing work to help build her own status and money, she was just an heir with a gift that is slowly dying. JJ the performer has name value and he can start, Sting can work and be used, and AJ can be used to appeal to a southern wrasslin fan and audience on a cmt. They can use the NWA to get appearances and give them some credibility and some talent appearances, they can appeal to names who aren't signed but have some face recognition like MVP, Benjamin, Carlito, Master, Brian Lawler (the fuck you thinking talking about King), and the like the same way NWA TNA was started by using Killing, James, Waltman, Hall, Hennig, Lynn, DLo, Konnan, Raven, and Jarrett. You would have to be ignorant to ignore the world cups, talent sharing, and everything associated with njpw and aaa guys working TNA events for years especially when they had NWA attached to their names weren't Jarrett brokered and be used over here for this promotion. You're kidding yourself if you don't think he can compete with TNA who is using Magnus, Anderson, Bubba, Kaz, EC3 and Daniels as their top guys and can't even run ppvs, move tickets, or book a venue to film from.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So basically, you want a new promotion to do all that shit that TNA has already done and gotten crucified for years over it? Seems perfectly plausible to me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I want another platform on TV that did what TNA used to do before they spun in at Dixie's direction for wwe lite.

It wouldn't hurt to have a second territory on mainstream TV and let's be real that is the equivalent of what aaa, cmll, ROH, njpw, and TNA are. None of them are grand scale companies like wwe, that ship has sailed and is over with. Getting another wrestling territory even if it has similar field to early NWA TNA is good for the fans

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Because a new promotion made up of all those names you just listed isn't going to be seen as TNA lite, let alone WWE lite.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It isn't really hard to compete with TNA if you have the station and backing. It really isn't unless if you're one of the fools who hop on MTV. Just because ROH is too inept doesn't mean Jarrett and Keith can't put out an alternative that could rival TNA. TNA doesn't get good attendance, they weren't even part of the top 100 in their demo on Thursday ... its just not hard

No one will rival wwe, just remove them from the equation

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Regarding Jeff Jarrett possibly starting a new wrestling promotion with country music star Toby Keith, Jarrett reportedly recently contacted people in the wrestling business and told them when he’s able to talk about his new project, everyone will be shocked.
- Prowrestling.com

Don't think anything would shock at this point.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Don't know about everyone being shocked, but I'm agreeing more with SAIYANS here. Yeah the company will probably have some weird rules and wacky shit and I don't know if it will ever get as big as TNA has but it could be a fun alternative and if I have a way to watch it easily (especially if they get a TV deal) then I will.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd give it a go. JR Jarrett would be enough to have me give it a watch.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Don't know about everyone being shocked, but I'm agreeing more with SAIYANS here. Yeah the company will probably have some weird rules and wacky shit and I don't know if it will ever get as big as TNA has but it could be a fun alternative and if I have a way to watch it easily (especially if they get a TV deal) then I will.
I don't think the rules will be that wacky for those familiar with the NWA. Titles change hands where they don't in wwe with disqualifications and what not. They may have another championship committee to show who is in charge as opposed to one guy and so on. But I'm guessing it will be similar to early TNA with time limits and a NWA basis. Its so much easier to show credibility with those belts