CWF - Pay-Per-View Trash #1 (Merging Issue)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Stipulation Will This Match Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
OFFICIAL MATCH CARD:
Finlay© vs. CM Punk - CWF Heavyweight Championship
StarcadeFinPunk.jpg

So entertaining to read, but just got a small feeling Punk pulls it out. Finlay winning wouldn't be a shock, it could really go either way.

Christian vs. Randy Orton - No Holds Barred 30 Minute Iron-Man Match
StarChOrt.jpg

Such a joke of a feud..how it's promoted so highly I still don't know.

Batista VS. Edge - #1 Contenders' - Tazz as Referee
BatEdge.jpg

It's my match and I really enjoyed t'ting for it Lewb.

Brock Lesnar VS. Jericho - Intercontinental Championship
lesjer.jpg

I would be pretty shocked if Jericho doesn't win here. Really felt like he took that one without much debate.

Morrison VS. Sheamus VS. Thorn - PRIMETIME CHAMPIONSHIP STEEL CAGE
primetime.jpg

After all the hard work, finally I see Sheamus winning it finally. Very underrated Sheamus.

John Cena VS. The Miz
cenmiz.jpg

I am pretty confident The Miz wins it here. It was nothing over the top, but did a solid job and should take it.

Kane vs. Hassan
khas.jpg

Another coin toss here like some of you have said, but I just think Dresden is too hot to handle right now. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Hassan won though.

Beer Money VS. NEW AGE OUTLAWS VS. THE GREAT HASSAN VS. MCINTYRE & DEL RIO - TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
tagmatch.jpg

Only here for a short time, but Beer Money already convinced me enough that they should take it.

nWo VS. ATTITUDE ERA
nwo.jpg

Not happening rightfully so..

ZIGGLER VS. RHODES
zigr.jpg

Hope a new superstar comes out and beats up both of them for not posting it, shaking my head at both of them not posting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CWF is running a prediction thread for the very first time! I expect all CWF Members to give in predictions and why you believe that person will win. Even if they have yet to post.
[/QUOTE]

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Dresden Dose: Starrcade

Hello everyone and welcome. I am of course the writer of this beloved article, the "Purveyor of Punk" Chris Dresden. Just felt like throwing a bit of my wrestling character in there, couldn't resist, and here's why. Because it is Sunday, August the 28th, and Starrcade is here and ready to roll! People are blowing up the prediction threads, Big Red Morrison Punk is advertising on his MSN, and ideas are already being thrown around for the next pay-per-view! People are excited baby, and perhaps none more than myself.

I've practically been salivating about the chance to review this show because on hype and build alone, I knew it was going to be something absolutely impeccable, and the more hard work I've seen put into it behind the scenes, the more excited I've gotten. So without further adieu, I will be your wrestling pharmacist this evening, and my prescription is not only for more cowbell, but The Dresden Dose!

Usually I skim over a show and go back and re-read it for my reviews, but this time I'm doing things a little differently. I'm writing this via WordPad in one window, and I have Starrcade open and ready to read in another, so I'm technically writing a live show which means my thoughts will come out through the writing as they appear. I think the emotion will be rawer that way and my readers can get a better since of what I'm feeling as I observe the product the CWF Staff have worked so hard to produce.

As I begin, the first thing I see is the poster, and rightfully so. Rock has done well in making us care about his CM Punk since picking him up, and since he finds himself fighting for the Heavyweight Championship this evening, I'd say he's going places quickly. "You deserve hate" is one of those things I wasn't sure I was going to like at first, but it's begun to grow on me as a solid catchphrase so points to you for that, sir.

Starrcade hails from Miami, Florida live from the Sun Life Arena. I've got a feeling the only thing that will be hotter than the Florida weather will be the action happening indoors. Fun fact, this is only the third Starrcade I've seen in e-feds as well as been a part of. Will the third time be the charm and this be a show I find just as successful? Time will tell. One thing is certain, CWF will not meet the same fate as the company that came up with Starrcade in the first place. And the crowd doesn't appreciate the dig at WCW.

Just having some fun, I enjoy the concept. If you'll recall, I once held Halloween Havoc, which was also a WCW pay-per-view back in the day. Anyhoo, onto the show, awesome miz made an incredible video for it that you should definitely take the time to check out if you scrolled past the video without hitting play. A lot of the sound bytes came from WWE Raw this week I noticed. I take no issue with that, just wanted to make that observation.

The theme song of the event is "Sick" by Adelita's Way, a theme that rocks as hard as I'm hopeful Starrcade itself will. Jim Ross and Joey Styles open the show, talking over the opening pyrotechnics and such going off, informing us that our first match of the night will be the Singles contest between "Dashing" Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler, or Ellis and Guano, if you want to get technical.

zigr.jpg

Ziggler is out first, exuding his usual cockiness. After making his way to the ring, Cody Rhodes enters next, giving Dolph a run for his money in the overconfidence department. But as much as these two love themselves, the crowd can't stand either one of them, which is apparent by their booing. At the sound of the ring bell, it's time for action.

As J.R. points out on commentary, the participants wrestle a very technical and mat-based style in the early goings, trading off who has control of the momentum as the match goes on. Rhodes reverses a side headlock into a back suplex in a moment of cleverness, but Dolph is none too happy as he takes a swing at the "Dashing" mug of his opponent.

Rhodes prevents the hate crime on his looks from being committed by avoiding the attack, then knocking Ziggler into the corner and stomping him in the abdomen like he caught Dolph stealing a bottle of hair product from him.

In the words that follow this, there are two gems I felt were of note. Joey Styles referring to Cody's actions as him, "stomping a mudhole" in Dolph, which J.R. takes exception to, and Rhodes receiving boos that would make Ric Flair wince as the referee pulls him off of his opponent. Dolph takes advantage of this and lights into Cody with a few well-executed attacks, going for the pin.

But it's only a two count. Dolph argues with the referee over this but eventually comes to terms with the fact that the match must continue as he tries to attack Rhodes. But Cody makes him wish he hadn't taken so long as he DDT's Dolph and goes for the pin. But it's also only a two count.

After Ziggler kicks out, Rhodes decides he's had enough, as he plants him with his Cross Rhodes finisher. Before he can cover however, he notices they are joined by someone on the top rope? What's all this about?

According to Joey Styles, it's none other than Eddie Guerrero. But while Rhodes is distracted with Eddie, he gets laid out by R-Truth with the "Shut Up"! The referee throws the match out and gets hit with the same maneuver as Truth drags Dolph next to Cody and...DOUBLE FROG SPLASH!

Rhodes and Ziggler are thrown from the ring as the commentators express the same confusion I'm currently feeling. It says Eddie and Truth are joined by a Ventura, and by that I assume it's Jesse Ventura. Ventura, Truth, and Guerrero? Let's see what they have to say at least.

[POST-MATCH PROMO]

Eddie, looking menacing, speaks mysteriously of a disease infecting CWF that he, Truth, and Jesse Ventura have come to kill, warning the rest of the roster that nothing can be done about it except aligning with them or ending up like Dolph and Cody. Truth steps forward and tells the fans that their booing is misguided, stating how fed up he is with trying to make him happy when they don't appreciate it. He goes on to reiterate that you're either with them, or against them.

Jesse Ventura now speaks up. He puts over Eddie and Truth as two of the best, and goes on to tell in just as vague a fashion as the others what exactly their reason for being in CWF is. Near the end of his statement, he reveals that they will be called R.E.M.E.D.Y., saying more or less that only they know what's next and reiterating that they cannot be stopped. All three men exit the ring and head to the back. This faction certainly caught my eye, and I anxiously await what's next.

Their name, if I were to take a guess, likely coincides with their talk of healing and curing and killing disease. Again, certainly interesting, especially since I'm sure the pictures to choose from aren't that numerous.

[NEXT PROMO]

As we're trying to digest what we've just seen, suddenly another shocking surprise occurs as none other than Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore enter the CWF arena! This was a strong promo to debut with, whoever wrote that should be proud of themselves. Shannon didn't speak during this, but he didn't need to, Matt was convincing enough on his own, that comment about Jeff was absolutely scathing. Nicely done.

[COMMERCIAL #1]

I told you ideas were already being discussed for the next event. Invasion comes to you in one month's time, and I'm excited for it, especially since yours truly's Big Red Machine appears on the poster.

tagmatch.jpg

I wrote this match, and let me just say I rank it up there as one of the best matches I've ever written. I'm quite proud of this one. It was insane to write, but it was a blast! Please give me feedback on this.

With rey unfortunately having to leave us, that meant Great Hassan could not win and neither could Chosen Destiny. I had made a note that New Age Outlaws winning would be the finish, then Beer Money got a TT up. So although it was a late entry, the quality was enough to secure the champions. Congratulations to Rock and I sincerely hope lewb doesn't take the loss personally.

[POST-MATCH PROMO]

After the match, Christian is in the backstage meeting with Teddy Long? Well I certainly wasn't expecting to see him on the show. Could he be the general manager of Honor? Not sure, as it appears he was just there so Christian would have someone to talk to. Nice promo though, Andrew, love your Christian.

cenmiz.jpg

Alright, I know earlier during the first match of the night I kind of went hold for hold, but I'm not going to do that going forward, I feel like I'm re-writing the show in a way when I do that, because my general writing style is similar to the way I write matches. So starting with this match, I will do my general summary.

Btw, nice us of the hype video for this match, I enjoyed it. Let me say that if you didn't read this match from start to finish, you need to, because you're missing out otherwise. Major, major props to the writer, that was quite the contest. I mean it was incredible, then you add in the restart and what transpired after that and then the post-match stuff. Let's just say I hope there's more left in this feud.

[POST-MATCH PROMO]

Just like Jello, there's always room for a Kane promo. To Big Red Morrison Punk that said I was too hot to handle right now, to BronzyCoder who is a self-professed "Dres mark", and to my many other friends and supporters, I thank you. I can say the same thing about Kane that I said about my Mankind and my Austin, at first I didn't think I was doing that well and was self-conscious about every trash talk and promo I did. Now, I see that I'm on to something, and I'm going to tap into the darkness of my Kane as long as possible.

[COMMERCIAL #2]

Our second commercial of the show is for Night of Champions, coming up in just a few weeks. There's a nice promotional video used here and a good question, will you be watching? As far as I know, right now my schedule's free for that night and I will indeed be watching.

primetime.jpg

Back from commercial, Styles and J.R. give a recap, mentioning the aftermath of Ziggler/Rhodes as well as Miz/Cena, and the new signing of the tag team of Matt Hardy Version 1 and Shannon Moore. After the recap, it is revealed that it is now time for the triple threat Steel Cage match for the Primetime Championship.

This match I knew was going to be an insane delight because of the participants and the stipulation, and I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed. I'm an absolute mark for Sam's Kevin Thorn so I'm a bit disappointed he didn't win here, but Lubaninho's Sheamus deserves it just as much, so congratulations buddy. That's not to take anything away from your Morrison though, awesome miz, I hope to see all of your paths cross again.

[COMMERCIAL #3]

This woman's name escapes me at the moment, but she is most definitely attractive.

khas.jpg

It is now time for my match. Can I keep my pay-per-view streak going or will rawisrey go out in a blaze of glory? A very good match, and some flattering things said on commentary as well. As Kane is once again victorious and my streak remains intact, I proudly accept the claim that I am, "the one to beat.".

[POST-MATCH PROMO]

In this interaction, Todd Grisham had more to say than Batista did, but it's fitting as the Animal seems content with letting his actions in the ring do the talking. Best of luck to you in the number one contender's match, lewb!

lesjer.jpg

This match took the restart bit from Cena/Miz and cranked up the velocity, this was an insane match-up. Lesnar looked very impressive in this contest, as did Jericho, but at the end of it all the Next Big Thing is still your Intercontinental Champion.

[POST-MATCH PROMO]

"Honor" by Atreyu, which is the theme song for CWF's new brand by the way, begins playing as Taz makes his way down to the ring, likely to make an announcement regarding it. The Human Submission Machine keeps it short and sweet, making sure we all tune in to the draft tomorrow so we know who goes where. Who's ready for this new chapter of CWF? I know I am, Honor's going to shake things up, baby!

StarChOrt.jpg

This match was not even close. Christian beat the brakes off of Orton and then proceeded to beat the fuel pump, the tires, and everything else off of him to boot. Three pins in thirty minutes gives Captain Charisma the clean sweep in this one, there's not much else to say than congratulations.

[COMMERCIAL #4]

Our commercial is a video package for Kofi Kingston followed by a video package for Evan Bourne. It appears they will be joining CWF as a tag team, calling themselves, "Sonic Boom". Cool name, by the way. I wonder who's going to be playing them.

[AFTERMATH OF CHRISTIAN/ORTON]

The damage to Orton was so great that he had to be stretchered into an ambulance and driven away. Suddenly Chavo and Ted DiBiase enter the shot. Could this be leading to something more?

BatEdge.jpg

Every time I think I've read the best match of the show, I'm proven wrong by the next match I read. Seriously though, I think it's set in stone this time, Edge versus Batista is the best match on this entire show. A lot of incredible action with a swerve here and there and a HUGE surprise makes this my favorite of the night. Congratulations to Big Red Morrison Punk on becoming the Number One Contender to the CWF Heavyweight Championship!

StarcadeFinPunk.jpg

What better way to follow the contendership match than with the championship match? We get another nice hype video for the Finlay and CM Punk feud before both men come down to the ring, ready for war, no pun intended.

Wow, match of the night may have went to the previous one, but swerve of the night goes to this match. Finlay had one hell of a trick up his Irish sleeve, and after giving Punk quite a match, he is still the CWF Champion. But what's this?

It's Kane! Is he coming to cash in his briefcase? Kane goozles him, it looks like it. But wait, Edge shows up and, ooh! A devastating spear. Edge saves Finlay from the cash-in, and since the bell didn't ring, Kane is still the briefcase holder. Edge lays out Finlay and poses on the turnbuckle with the CWF Heavyweight Championship to close the show.

[FINAL THOUGHTS]

The writers went above and beyond with the matches, not only making them entertaining, but chocking them full of swerves and surprises to keep you on the edge of your seats. There are a lot of questions raised after this show that we'll have to wait to get the answers for. However, I can answer one question. Was this a good show? Absolutely.

Thanks to Andrew, Hoov, Awesome Miz, Tapout, and Bronzy for another great show, and for letting me contribute. Hope you guys enjoyed Starrcade and my review of it, be sure to check out the Draft and be on the lookout for what's happening with WAR and Honor. Until next time, guys, be well.​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Cheers Dresdon,

Loved this. Glad you enjoyed it.

Lub

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Awesome read Dresden, just like everytime. Glad you brought the idea of Dresden Dose.

Lewb

Reaction score
Dresden Dose brings it as always. I did have to check whether Rock got a post up or not to ensure that weren't a screwing, i just didn't see the post until after reading the match. Good breakdown of the event, I'm looking forward to being on a show run by yourself.

BronzyCoder

Reaction score
Great review as always Chris, and yes I am a massive Dres mark, have been since Day 1 tbh. I actually believe you gave me my first feedback when I first started fedding, but I'll have to check the old site. Great review as always, I hope you can do the same for next week's WAR and Honor.

awesome miz

Reaction score
wow awesome review bro!

Thanks for picking my match, match of the night, I tried lol ...

But I have to admit, every single one of staff made this show so awesome, I hope everyone love it!

Dresden Dose ftw!

Lewb

Reaction score
INVASION Prediction Thread

Finlay© vs. Edge - CWF Heavyweight Championship Match
FinlayEdge.jpg

I see Finlay just being a little too strong for Edge, but well done for getting the shot BRMP

Christian vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Thorn - Triple Threat for the CWF Championship
cwfchampion.jpg

Close but I'm going with Lesnar!

The Coven vs. New Age Outlaws vs. Matt Hardy & Shannon Moore vs. R.E.M.E.D.Y. vs. Emperors of Royalty for CWF Tag Team Championships
tag-4.jpg

Complete toss up between whoever turns up.

Jimmy Jacobs vs. John Morrison in a Cleveland Free-For-All.
jacobmorrison.jpg

Always been a fan of the Jacobs.

Cody Rhodes vs. The Rock
rhorock.jpg

Down to past activity, going with The Rock

Chris Jericho vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
scsajer.jpg

Jericho has this one for me, more creative in his tt's tbh

Batista vs. Kane
batkane.jpg

My Match. Good luck Dres. Hopefully we'll get a few more posts in.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
FinlayEdge.jpg

Are you serious? Neither man's TT'd for this? Anyway, if anyone can dethrone Finlay, it's Edge.

Christian vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Thorn - Triple Threat for the CWF Championship
cwfchampion.jpg

Controversy's brewing over the TT count in this one, so it's hard to say what the outcome will be.

The Coven vs. New Age Outlaws vs. Matt Hardy & Shannon Moore vs. R.E.M.E.D.Y. vs. Emperors of Royalty for CWF Tag Team Championships
tag-4.jpg

My match. Good luck to everyone involved.

Jimmy Jacobs vs. John Morrison in a Cleveland Free-For-All.
jacobmorrison.jpg

Welcome back, Jimmy Jacobs.

Cody Rhodes vs. The Rock
rhorock.jpg

If Rock shows up and brings it like he did in that debut promo, it's all his.

scsajer.jpg

Going with Jericho.

Batista vs. Kane
batkane.jpg

My Match. Good luck lewb, really like your Batista.

Lub

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Shame, there's not my match with P-Kid :-/

PegasusKid

Reaction score
Only cause it is going to be match of the card no one knows what to expect cause its gonna be to good haha

ants

Reaction score
MATCH CARD:
FinlayEdge.jpg

My match, and you never back against yourself.

cwfchampion.jpg

Probably one of the toughest to choose. Due to the fact that there was issues regarding the TT count etc, I don’t know how the winner is going to be chosen so I’ll base my choice on each first post. Thorn..just.

tag-4.jpg

This was the other one I was tossing up between. I’m going to go with Hardy and Moore, but it could very easily go to the Emperors of Royalty!

Jimmy Jacobs vs. John Morrison in a Cleveland Free-For-All
jacobmorrison.jpg

No post from Morrison means that Jacobs wins.

Cody Rhodes vs. The Rock
rhorock.jpg

No post = no prediction

scsajer.jpg

Another good match between two good posters, glad they got a couple in each. I’m going to go with Jericho to retain.

Batista vs. Kane
batkane.jpg

Batista gets the nod.

Sheamus vs. John Cena - Hardcore Championship Match
sheamuscena.jpg

I’m Backing Sheamus, bloody good first post, and I think that’s enough.

[/CENTER]

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Dresden Dose: CWF Invasion

It's been a few weeks since I wrote one of these articles, and there are several reasons for that. When there's inclement weather, Comcast's internet goes belly up, leaving me without internet for several days at a time sometimes. So that's one reason, another reason is I do a lot of volunteer work at church and was helping with a construction job this weekend alongside my family, so that ate up my weekend and the church work takes up quite a bit of my weekday time, so I put the articles on the backburner.

I will not go back and review the shows I missed, I will just move forward and review the shows starting with this pay-per-view and moving forward. Now, let me address what happened with this pay-per-view. I was supposed to write the Cleveland Free-For-All and the Triple Threat for the CWF Championship but because I often put matches off and write them the night before the show, when my internet went down, I was unable to submit them.

As a result, my reliability has taken a hit and a few snarky smart ass comments were made at my expense. Stuff happens, and anyone that can't accept that, well that's pitiful. Those are my thoughts on it. Now don't accept this as an open invitation to flame me, because it isn't one, I'm just giving my open thoughts on the matter. Sam and Bronzy have decided to take over Honor, and I'm fine with that.

Now I can take an impartial role with these reviews, because I'm writing none of it. I'm back to being simply a trash talker, and that's a relief. Trust me, I love putting together shows for you guys, and you seem to enjoy Dresden-helmed wrestling, but it's time for me to take a break from that aspect of it all. It was beginning to stress me out and bum me out, but no one knew that because I wasn't open about it, but it was.

Anyhoo, apologies go to the Dres mark, Mr. CWA, the Master of Darkness and my brother in 3:16 or Bronzy, Sam, Andrew, and Hoov as you know them. My apologies also go to anyone else I may have let down. I might write the occasional bit here and there, so be watching the Credits at the end of each show just in case, but for the most part I'm on writing hiatus.

To be quite honest, I almost discontinued this article, but Lub asked me to write it, so I decided to take this approach and apologize for my mistake, ask for forgiveness, and continue with it. So with all that out of the way, I'm not a doctor I just play one on the internet, and this is my prescription for your wrestling needs, The Dresden Dose!

The show opens with our theme song of the evening, Godsmack's "Crying Like A Bitch!". After that, WAR GM Tazz is surprised to find movers taking furniture from his office. When he speaks out about it, he runs into none other than the CWF owner himself, Vince McMahon. I like that Vince is always the owner in every fed, but I wonder if it's ever been done with someone else in power. Vince is always the highest on the ladder.

Anyhoo, Vince tells him to wait and see what this is about as we have an extremely early commercial for WWE's, I mean CWF's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view coming up. It's a good picture of Edge but come on, taking their poster?

Vince comes out and opens with the line, "I hope you're enjoying CWF Invasion so far." Nothing's happened yet, Vince. Anyway, the gist of the segment is Tazz is now on the commentary team, Zack Ryder is the new General Manager of WAR, and Michael Cole is fired. Booker T and Tazz on commentary, certainly an interesting combo.

As for Ryder as GM, well, I'm not against it but we shouldn't constantly be switching who's in control. With control of Honor switching from myself to Sam and Bronzy, I don't expect Joey Styles to remain GM of Honor. If I am correct and a change is made, hopefully they and Ryder will be our General Managers for the immediate future.

We cut away to a Jericho promo, which judging from the pictures should be an entertaining one, as the real thing from Raw was very much so. Upon reading it, I was correct, and Jericho gets in a shot at Austin's past problems with spousal abuse that jumped out. Just throwing it out there, but if you feel like you're being conspired against, maybe there's a place in R.E.M.E.D.Y. for you? "No two man teams!" Never mind.

Our first match of the evening is the Last Team Standing match between the New Age Outlaws, The Coven, the Emperors of Royalty, Mattitude, and R.E.M.E.D.Y. Or for those keeping score, lewbrication versus Sam versus Ellis versus Hoov versus yours truly, Dresden. This by the way was written by one of the competitors, which was almost impossible to avoid considering all of us in this match are writers in one way or another.

I like the Gauntlet approach that was taken to this. When I made the match I envisioned all teams down at the ring at the same time, with an elimination style until one man representing a team or both members were left standing. This works better though. So we begin with the Outlaws and the Emperors of Royalty.

Again I don't review play-for-play, hold-for-hold, so let me sum it up this way. Outlaws take out the Emperors of Royalty with a Famouser on Barrett. Mattitude is the next team out, who take out the Outlaws with a schoolboy pin out of nowhere after a hard fought back-and-forth and Road Dogg turns his back to Matt, after attempting a pin himself.

The Coven is out next and get disqualified after Ariel interferes in the match and breaks up a pin on Mesias by Shannon. R.E.M.E.D.Y. is out last and after a brawl befitting their nature, Eddie holds Matt at bay while Truth pins a bloodied Shannon Moore, meaning I am the NEW CWF Tag Team Champions baby!

I am humbled to know that I was chosen by so many of the Staff to win this one, it makes me proud of my work. However, as proud as I am of my victory, I am already thinking of my first defense. When Honor returns next Thursday, either Mattitude or the New Age Outlaws will advance to the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view to face R.E.M.E.D.Y. for the Tag Team Championships.

The next commercial I don't understand as I don't follow Rugby. I'm assuming that's what NRL stands for is National Rugby League. Back from commercial, Joey Styles announces that the singles match between The Rock and Cody Rhodes has been cancelled. The reason being Ellis dropped Cody Rhodes and PuNk was on LOA for the week as I understand it. If that's the case, sorry for booking you, PuNk.

The next match is the Cleveland Free-For-All. Trust me guys, the match I wrote was absolutely sick and vicious, it would've been something to see. Alas, things happened as I told you they did and we're left with a squash match. Oh well, Jimmy Jacobs and the Trio of Darkness remains impressive.

Austin and Jericho are out next and in my opinion, have a good match. Jericho rights the wrongs of the conspiracy driven losing streak he's been on lately with a win over the Texas Rattlesnake. Granted it was with illegal leverage.

Commercial three of the night is for Peanut Butter M&M's. I don't believe I've ever had them, but I imagine they resemble Reese's Pieces in taste. If that's the case, quite a tasty product you have on your hands, M&M's.

Back from commercial, Christian cuts a very good promo cutting down Rhodes and confirming his departure, insulting The Rock, and saying he will beat Lesnar and Thorn tonight. He also points out that he's aware Kane is waiting in the wings with his briefcase. Honestly, who knows when I'll cash it in.

We cut immediately to Kurt Angle in the ring, who's mocking John Cena. I will say, Ben plays a good Kurt Angle. After that and a recap of the results thus far on commentary, we have Batista versus Kane. I apologize to lewb for leaving it 3 to 2, I wanted it to be 3 to 3 but oh well. This was an awesome match by the way, so kudos to whoever wrote it. Hoov I think.

Alex Riley comes out and cuts a really good promo, explaining his actions as of late. He notes how Kane hasn't come after him yet, which by the way was the plan, but since Batista was without an opponent I offered to take that spot. Although it doesn't appear to be in the cards right now, I'm open to it whenever it is. How awesome is it having Aniking here?

The next match is Sheamus versus John Cena for the Hardcore Championship. This makes the second Hardcore match I've seen Cena in. The first one was John Cena versus Raven at UCW Summerslam. This was a good match, I enjoyed it. Sheamus is still your Hardcore Champion, continuing what is quickly becoming an impressive reign.
Commercial four is for the Nintendo 64. It is cool to be old school, as is stated below the picture. I still play my Nintendo 64, it has stood the test of time in replay value and fun. I have the jungle green one that they released when Donkey Kong 64 came out and my brother has our original.

It is now time for the CWF Championship match. Before I get to the actual match, let me reveal what my plans were. I was going to put the belt on Lesnar and have him and Thorn feud over it at least until the next pay-per-view. As for Christian, well he would've feuded with either The Rock or Kane. I wasn't going to cash in on any of them as that looks like self-booking, unless Christian was to win, then I would have because Andrew requested it.

The match I wrote has a post-match brawl. The lights go out after Lesnar wins the title and when they come back on, he's getting beat down by The Coven. This brings out R.E.M.E.D.Y. who assist Lesnar and the numbers are now three-on-three. Kane runs down and starts helping The Coven, and this brings out Batista. Honor, which I would've had on the 29th to make up for the week of no Honor, would've seen Kane and The Coven versus Batista, Lesnar, and R.E.M.E.D.Y.

This would've set up The Coven versus R.E.M.E.D.Y. over the tag titles, because of the history created in the trash talking thread and the huge tag team brawl that happened where the two teams didn't touch each other. Plus the aforementioned Thorn and Lesnar feud, and Kane and Batista could've continued another month.

This match was incredible, and did a good job of keeping all three men's chances balanced although the trash talking was not. Christian came very close to winning the championship from what I could tell but it was not to be, and Thorn very cunningly took this one.

Commercial five is for YouTube, which I will use to insert a plug here. I have my own YouTube channel, my brother has his own, and we have a collaborative channel. Strayfromthenorm is mine, which features a few videos pertaining to wrestling. Shadixx is my brother's, which features videos we've done for our church as well as a play-through of Mega Man 6 with commentary. FloatingBoxStudios is both of ours and features many random videos. It's all done for fun, and you guys are more than welcome to check them out.

Main event of the night is Edge vs. Finlay, which is made an impromptu "Zackathon" meaning they'll be competing under five seperate stipulations for five seperate falls. This match has a lot of run-ins by Sheamus, Jericho, and Batista and breaks down into a lot of chaos. As the score is even, suddenly Stone Cold comes down and cleans house, then is hit with a GTS by CM Punk.

Regarding the promo, damn it reeks of a rip-off. I'm not the only one that thinks this, but we've been told it's different. And well, in their defense, if they're going forward with the plan they had, it is going to be different. Also, I think I know who the sixth person in the Chamber is going to be.

All in all, I enjoyed Invasion and hope you all did too, as well as this article. See you guys Monday night for WAR.​

BronzyCoder

Reaction score
Again, another enjoyable read of the Dresden Dose. I have to say, one thing I've always liked about what you write is it's honest and it's your opinion, and I respect that. Your apology was accepted before you even made it, trust me when I say I know how circumstances can just screw things up sometimes. I'm glad you, for the most part, liked what was written and I hope we see some more of these in the future, right?

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah there'll definitely be more of them moving forward. Now that I don't have matches to write, I can get my promos and TT's knocked out and have plenty of time to review the shows. Glad you enjoyed the review and thank you for being so understanding. I am also pleased you respect my style, my feeling is that it's pointless to review something if you're only going to half do it. Besides, for anyone that gets offended by it, my aim is not to offend but to bring attention to areas that require improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.