CWF - Pay-Per-View Trash #1 (Merging Issue)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Stipulation Will This Match Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniking

Reaction score
OOC: Wow, after reading this thread through twice, I definitely didn't lose this match...

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
OOC: If you have a complaint, voice it via PM or MSN. Not in public, please.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Match Banners have been added; PPV has a new song too!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
New matches & banners added

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
OOC: CWF.COM has reported that CM Punk will not be in the match, taking his place... The Miz!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Match Changed - CM Punk has been taken out of the Triple Threat, replacing him is The Miz.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
FINAL MATCH BANNERS.

NO OTHER MATCHES SCHEDULED, FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT ON THE CARD PLEASE SEND IN A PROMO, EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE CARD, I STILL WOULD LIKE A PROMO!

Lewb

Reaction score
Since when is Van Andel Arena in Michigan, in London? hehe jokes. im trying to do 2 promos, but im like a tt'ing machine atm and may be difficult.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
If The Miz doesn't post in 12 more hours, feel free to skip him.

It will have surpassed 48 hours.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
CWF - Pay-Per-View Schedule (To Be Updated)

Jan 15th - Elimination Chamber - An Elimination Chamber will take place between six superstars, the winner will earn the chance to face the CWF Heavyweight Champion at WRESTLEMANIA!

Feb 12th - St. Valentine's Massacre - The build up to Wrestlemania

March 17th - Wrestlemania - The Grandaddy of them all!

April 22nd - The Bash - Anniversary of CWF!

May 27th - Rebellion - Let the fightback commence...

June 26th - Extreme Rules - The rules? There pretty much aren't any.

July 24th - Retribution - Things are changing here...

August 28th - Starrcade - This summer we go old school for our August blockbuster!

September 25th - Fully Loaded - Every action has an equal and sickening reaction.

October 23rd - Halloween Havoc - Halloween is nearby, what do we expect here?

November 20th - Survivor Series - Who will survive?

December 18th - Holiday Hell - Christmas is nearby... but there is HELL to be paid!

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The Dresden Dose: CWF Retribution

Was going to post this in "Wrestling Reviews" but I'm not sure it applies to e-feds so here it is, in the same section as the show it's about. Anyhoo, I gave Andrew my word that when I had some time I would review the pay-per-view, so now that I have some time I'm going to honor my word. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the WrestlingSmarks debut of The Dresden Dose, CWF Retribution edition!

First and foremost, I enjoy the poster, it's very intense. The featured guy makes sense too since Triple H is arguably the man hungriest for retribution after his loss to Kane last month in the Inferno match.

As we roll into the commentators' greeting, we hear the powerful theme song for the event, Seether's, "Desire for Need". Not my favorite band in the world but their music is listenable, this was a good song choice I feel. Captures the intensity that will no doubt be evident in the overall product.

Jim Ross and Joey Styles welcome us in almost rushed fashion as we get the ball rolling with a Dolph Ziggler promo. Dolph is upset about not being treated like the star he feels he is more or less, and sets out to prove that not only does he deserve to be booked like a star, but that management made a grave mistake by leaving him off the card. Good promo.

In another classic move from segment to segment without a proper segue, we immediately follow Dolph's backstage promo with a CM Punk promo. As I've said before, I'm willing to overlook the poor transition due to the quality of the back-to-back promos.

And high in quality the Punk promo indeed was. Rock's portrayal of Punk reeks of the same bravado the real Phil Brooks carries, as well as the silver tongue. Calling Kevin Thorn a hermaphrodite was rather clever. I also appreciated the nod to Chris Candido, very tasteful. By the way, gesticulates is the word of the pay-per-view. Also, the "body of Hercules" bit was very Charlie Sheen-esque, I got a chuckle out of it.

However, even though it's clearly stated that he won't be tagging with them, Punk being a member of "Pride & Honor" is a violation of the "No two man team" rule I understand is in effect. If I'm wrong, kindly let me know.

After Punk finishes his promo, he walks backstage and then boom, it's time for the first match. Again I'm going to point out the lack of a proper transition. Not to rain on anyone's hard work, you understand, the show would just flow better. Like instead of going from an in-ring promo directly to the entrances of the participants of the match with scarcely any break, you could go back to the commentators for a moment and have them talk about the upcoming match. Or something with the ring announcer, anything to keep the show from feeling rushed.

Due to some character changes, Dolph Ziggler will be replacing Chris Jericho and John Morrison will be replacing Zack Ryder. I won't go move for move and hold for hold and recap the whole match but I will say this, it gets a thumbs up from me. It's a nice opener with a lot of fast-paced action and plenty of title changes that I promise will keep you on the edge of your seat from when you see the banner to when you see the result.

Btw, I'd like to take the time to say not only congratulations to Slim, but welcome back to fedding. What we had isn't your last match anymore but it was still awesome and what you said about me in your Hall of Fame speech still stands as words I truly appreciate. Congrats on the title win, your Brock is a beast.

Post-match we have a segment that's interesting for two reasons. One, it involves Jericho who, as was mentioned earlier, got replaced in the match. Two, it's an original concept and Cody Rhodes is a star attraction to the federation.

Btw, Tazz as general manager is creative, whoever thought of that. Back from commercial, Dolph apparently suffered head trauma in the match he just competed in, because his promo is word for word verbatim what he said in his promo earlier. I know that's not why it's here twice but it's fun to pretend it is, makes it seem less like someone made a mistake.

Instantly we're into the next match, and let me sum up my thoughts by saying simply this. Only in CWF will you see Christian, or anyone for that matter, squash Randy Orton. Also, saying it was three minutes is being generous, don't you think? This was Brock Lesnar versus Shawn Stasiak short, like fifteen seconds tops.

Orton recovers from jobber treatment and RKO's Christian and slithers out of the ring and instantly we're on to the next match, Kane vs. HHH. HHH doesn't get an entrance but the Big Red Monster sure does as he comes ready to fight.

I enjoyed this match. I like that even though there was no HHH when it came to TT'ing, whoever wrote this didn't entirely squash him. I'm happy to pick up the win and remain masked as well as in possession of the briefcase.

After the match, we go to commercial, which is for Starrcade, the next pay-per-view. The poster features Punk, who will no doubt be a big part of things. I'm looking forward to seeing how. After the commercial, we are treated to a good Batista promo before rushing to the tag team tournament where no one gets an entrance.

Wow, it's over already? Well, congrats to rawisrey, Khali/Hassan/Daivari is a brilliant tandem. Right away Batista comes out for his match against Edge. Again I won't go through the match, but I will recommend you read this match if you haven't. And if you have, I suggest you read it again, it's that good.

After commercial we have our main event of The Rock and Finlay for the CWF Heavyweight Championship. Let me say that Edge/Batista followed by this was a very strong way to end the show. Finlay wins the match, congrats to ants btw, but Punk comes off looking the best as he is the reason for us having a new champion and then he makes off with the belt.

Well, I must say, so far so good CWF. I've yet to read a pay-per-view I was disappointed by. I wish Hoov well in his hiatus, everyone needs a break eventually. He's going to come back strong, I know, and CWF will be in good hands until he gets back. Big ups to Andrew, Hoov, Awesome Miz, Tapout, Ellis, Rock, and Lewbrication. Great show guys.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Great review always it's enjoyable. I am a huge fan of your Kane and I am quite jealous. I did Kane back in a thing called CWA and it was a hit but my Kane couldn't hold a candle to your Kane. I agreed on most of your views and I see your one of those guys that can be relied on to do big things on CWF. Great stuff man.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Nice review Dresdon, Love the comments and points you've made out. Some of those are really nice tips and advice in some parts :p

I'd like to see more of this weekly and PPV's

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
CWF Starrcade Prediction Threads

OFFICIAL MATCH CARD:
Finlay© vs. CM Punk - CWF Heavyweight Championship
StarcadeFinPunk.jpg

Christian vs. Randy Orton - No Holds Barred 30 Minute Iron-Man Match
StarChOrt.jpg

Batista VS. Edge - #1 Contenders' - Tazz as Referee
BatEdge.jpg

Brock Lesnar VS. Jericho - Intercontinental Championship
lesjer.jpg

Morrison VS. Sheamus VS. Thorn - PRIMETIME CHAMPIONSHIP STEEL CAGE
primetime.jpg

John Cena VS. The Miz
cenmiz.jpg

Kane vs. Hassan
khas.jpg

DX VS. NEW AGE OUTLAWS VS. THE GREAT HASSAN VS. MCINTYRE & DEL RIO - TAG CHAMPIONSHIP
tagmatch.jpg

nWo VS. ATTITUDE ERA
nwo.jpg

ZIGGLER VS. RHODES
zigr.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CWF is running a prediction thread for the very first time! I expect all CWF Members to give in predictions and why you believe that person will win. Even if they have yet to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.