CM Punk hits a fan - Intentional or unintentional?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
[video=youtube;Wig3_Sw7dcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wig3_Sw7dcA[/video]

Do you think CM Punk was really meant to do this or it was unintentional?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Didn't watch the video, but if his old stuff from the indy scene tells me anything, it was probably intentional to get more heat. He's always been really good at that. Especially when it came to fan interaction.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
No telling what happened before the camera caught all that so gonna reserve judgment but that is crazy.

TheZig

Reaction score
I believe it was intentional, I like Punk as much as the next guy but you can't justify hitting a fan. He knew what situation he would be in when he entered the crowd, The only way I see this being justifiable is if the fan struck Punk and I don't mean that little tap from the guy on his right.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
prowrestling.net said:
Dot Net correspondent Joe Gomes attended the show and noted that a fan pushed Punk's head twice, which led to Punk retaliating. It's hard to say whether he struck the right fan, though, as the fan shots were not shown during Raw. The cameras were cutting back and forth between Vince McMahon in the ring and Punk in the crowd at the time of the incident.

Reaction score
From the video it looks like he got the wrong fan, but like someone said already we didn't see what happened before this was taken, so it could of easily been the guy behind him. All I remember and I just went back and say the finish to Raw, was the guy Punk hit who was behind him, the bald guy, looked shaken up just before the show went off the air and didn't know how to respond. But really who knows what happened, this is all a judgement by me here from what I've seen so far.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thus far from all the eye witnesses are pretty much saying the same thing.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's obviously intentional and punk doesn't seem like one of those hot headed (Orton) types that just attack fans without the proper provocation. Hopefully for Punks sake the camera was on him the entire time I'd hate to see a frivolous lawsuit or backstage repercussions.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
i think punk legit snapped on the wrong fan.ill say this if i was the fan unjustly hit id of beat the shit out of cm punk.hes only 90 pounds soaking wet.nobody that size can beat my ass.im about brodus clays size and height.maybe a bit taller.i go 370 or so

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;WAniQ0L2S3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pFZCcM5WWQU[/video]

So Punk did hit the right guy but doesn't look like the guy was intentionally trying to hit Punk in the head.

Edit: Watched it again and the guy behind the dude who pushes Punk in the head purposely basically frames the guy who ends up getting hit.

Edited by Primetime: Video wasn't working for me so I replaced it with a working one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So WWE will have to pay some settlement money, do some PR if it gets covered, suspend him to set a precedent, and so on. Vinces surprise returns always get fucked by someone else. Kennedy, Benoit, Punk ....

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Damn that's bat-shit crazy. That's what ya get for going into the crowd though... He should have headed to the entrance ramp.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So WWE will have to pay some settlement money, do some PR if it gets covered, suspend him to set a precedent, and so on. Vinces surprise returns always get fucked by someone else. Kennedy, Benoit, Punk ....
Nah doubt anything happens to Punk. If Jericho who was in a smaller spot than Punk can punch a woman in the face and nothing happens to him I doubt anything serious happens to Punk here. It was a misunderstanding since some douchebag fan decided to frame the guy in front of him.

TheZig

Reaction score
Well from that view i can see the small kid in the black shirt provoke Punk a few times by pushing him then Punk mistakenly strikes the guy behind him who knocked against him while putting his glasses on. I bet that guy was pretty shook up after this.