CM Punk hits a fan - Intentional or unintentional?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I found the video that's really detailed. That a-hole in the Brock Lesnar shirt needs to be put in his place. Punk still deserves punishment because you simply don't hit a fan. He should have moved away from situation but WWE in general needs to stop doing that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Lol that's not going to hold up. "Oh i'm sorry I smashed you in the face, didn't realise it was the guy behind you, my bad." Doesn't matter if he hit the right guy or not, he still smashed a fan in the face.
Not saying it will be that easy but WWE always gets things worked outside of court is my point. This isn't the first time and probably won't be the last time a fan has or will get hit. If Jericho can do the ultimate sin a man can do in America on camera and punch a woman in the face (even if it was him defending himself) and nothing came of it at all nothing will happen to Punk here either.

Not condoning what Punk did think he should have went about it better but I could see how he would lose his cool in that situation. And also think security really dropped the ball bad as they could have prevented the whole thing.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Those defending Punk. If you hit a customer that nudged you or pushed you in work, you'd be fired. So what makes Punk different.

Undertaker

Reaction score
WWE are the ones which have shot themselves in the foot. How many times will they let their wrestlers jump over the barricades and interact with fans whether it be during a wrestling match, just before or immediately following. It does appear to be an unfortunate incident but CM Punk should have known better and should not have reacted in the way he did unless he can come out and justify his reasons in the impending lawsuit and quite possibly criminal investigation. When you run into the crowd barging past people you will expect to be pushed around and arms will start being flung about (obviously this isn't right but it is what happens with over-excited wrestling fans). Also, judging by the promo between Punk and Vince McMahon there does appear to be some legitimate heat given what Punk's documentary entails and also thinking back to Punk's promo last year so I have a feeling that due to what has happened and the heat which may or may not be on him, his reign as WWE Champion may be coming to an end. Thank goodness.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Those defending Punk. If you hit a customer that nudged you or pushed you in work, you'd be fired. So what makes Punk different.

This. No matter what the situation, Punk was wrong. So he hit the wrong guy, he still swung. At any sporting event, there's bound to be drunk/out of control fans, wrestling is no different. There needs to be a punishment. Not saying he needs to be fired, but he needs to be reprimanded in some fashion.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Just end this overrated reign he's having, Vince is flumming as it is with ratings and surprise, surprise, CM Punk is at the heart of the bad ratings, worst drawing champion since Shawn Michaels, maybe worse than Shawn Michaels, I'm unsure of that but there's on the same level in many respects.

This is certainly a situation where Punk SHOULD NOT be allowed to be champion, give it to Cena or give it to Ryback, just give it to someone who might actually salvage some ratings.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
pjfl8h91.jpg

Apparently this is the dude who set the whole thing off. Not the smartest thing to go bragging about it on social media.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[video=youtube;pFZCcM5WWQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFZCcM5WWQU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;dBXmwMLPCAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBXmwMLPCAs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Mr Punk certainly got it wrong, time for him to eat some humble pie me thinks. The second video makes it even more clearer if you watch it after reading the tweets PHX posted.

Killz

Reaction score
So, on-topic but in a slightly different direction, on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being definitely, how would you score the chances of this being a work OR developed into a worked angle?

I say this in the belief that it is definitely intentional and just an unfortunate incident BUT I have been considering a couple of things today.

- When the last new 'era' begain Vince was directly invovled addressing the fans. He was on the show tonight emphasising some of the worst aspects of WWE (i.e. the cringeworthy comedy) and then proceeds to go against that by getting busted open hardway, knocking out a valet/manager and then swinging a cane around. Interesting change of tune from the top of the show.

- Punk finally forcefully mentioned, and referenced, the crowd in his search for respect. First time, in my knowledge, he's made a point about the crowd and it makes sense. If he's to demand respect from his peers and superiors then the crowd is the next logical step.

- Punk has made a CAREER out of doing things against the grain, outside of normality and in a way that gets people talking.

I know there's the whole PG thing, the Linda thing, the company image thing BUT if you were to start a new 'era' of wrestling you might do so with a storyline that bleeds seamlessly into real life and off the back of the first time I've seen the hard camera shaking in a lot of years.

I do NOT strictly thing it's a work, I think Punk's made a mistake here, but I wanted to see if you guys thought it could be at a stretch and why it's happened that way and how it could go in the future. I personally think they could take it somewhere as an angle if they wanted to, once the victim was satiated, but it depends on just what direction Vince wants to go in after the creative shake-up. Just an interesting thought I was having.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So, on-topic but in a slightly different direction, on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being definitely, how would you score the chances of this being a work OR developed into a worked angle?

I say this in the belief that it is definitely intentional and just an unfortunate incident BUT I have been considering a couple of things today.

- When the last new 'era' begain Vince was directly invovled addressing the fans. He was on the show tonight emphasising some of the worst aspects of WWE (i.e. the cringeworthy comedy) and then proceeds to go against that by getting busted open hardway, knocking out a valet/manager and then swinging a cane around. Interesting change of tune from the top of the show.

- Punk finally forcefully mentioned, and referenced, the crowd in his search for respect. First time, in my knowledge, he's made a point about the crowd and it makes sense. If he's to demand respect from his peers and superiors then the crowd is the next logical step.

- Punk has made a CAREER out of doing things against the grain, outside of normality and in a way that gets people talking.

I know there's the whole PG thing, the Linda thing, the company image thing BUT if you were to start a new 'era' of wrestling you might do so with a storyline that bleeds seamlessly into real life and off the back of the first time I've seen the hard camera shaking in a lot of years.

I do NOT strictly thing it's a work, I think Punk's made a mistake here, but I wanted to see if you guys thought it could be at a stretch and why it's happened that way and how it could go in the future. I personally think they could take it somewhere as an angle if they wanted to, once the victim was satiated, but it depends on just what direction Vince wants to go in after the creative shake-up. Just an interesting thought I was having.
Certainly isn't a work as the situation is obvious fan behind sunglasses flipped off Punk and then pushed him to frame the sunglasses guy. I will say it isn't out of the question if everything gets smooth out with the fan (which I fully expect without Punk being punished hard like people think he will) I could see them trying to use it possibly. Would be smart to even invite the fan to the show as part of the peace offering to use it as a minor angle to add to Punk's growing heat. As far as starting some new era though I wouldn't go that far with it.

Killz

Reaction score
Certainly isn't a work as the situation is obvious fan behind sunglasses flipped off Punk and then pushed him to frame the sunglasses guy. I will say it isn't out of the question if everything gets smooth out with the fan (which I fully expect without Punk being punished hard like people think he will) I could see them trying to use it possibly. Would be smart to even invite the fan to the show as part of the peace offering to use it as a minor angle to add to Punk's growing heat. As far as starting some new era though I wouldn't go that far with it.

Yeah totally, it's just a series of thoughts I was having. With Punk actually getting good heat after his massive following over the early part of the year it could work to augment his character and add another level i.e. the guy who actually pushes the moral boundaries of the wrestler to fan relationship as well as boundaries in the ring/on the mic.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So he just bitchslap'd a guy and started piefacing him.

No biggie, Artest did worse to a fan who didn't do anything. He's in a good place now, can't suspend your champion either. And this is pro-wrestling after all, not the first time a wrestler assaulted a fan. Not going to be the last either, you have a show that runs on testosterone and fans who are fueled by it, you are going to get shit like this, expect wrestlers to not interact with fans anymore for awhile and and certainly no jumping the barricades.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So he just bitchslap'd a guy and started piefacing him.

No biggie, Artest did worse to a fan who didn't do anything. He's in a good place now, can't suspend your champion either. And this is pro-wrestling after all, not the first time a wrestler assaulted a fan. Not going to be the last either, you have a show that runs on testosterone and fans who are fueled by it, you are going to get shit like this, expect wrestlers to not interact with fans anymore for awhile and and certainly no jumping the barricades.
This is all I've been saying lesser guys have hit fans and nothing has happened to them so I don't know why people think they're seriously gonna punish their world champion in their main angle who has a DVD out today and on the cover of a video game at that. He'll get talked at, they'll do something to make peace with the fan out of court and it'll be the end of it. Still think Punk should have just yelled at the fans rather than use his hands but lets not act like he beat the fuck out of the guy he slapped his glasses and piefaced him. If he pulled a Sabu it might be different.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just end this overrated reign he's having, Vince is flumming as it is with ratings and surprise, surprise, CM Punk is at the heart of the bad ratings, worst drawing champion since Shawn Michaels, maybe worse than Shawn Michaels, I'm unsure of that but there's on the same level in many respects.

This is certainly a situation where Punk SHOULD NOT be allowed to be champion, give it to Cena or give it to Ryback, just give it to someone who might actually salvage some ratings.

Why do you go off topic? Why go out of your way to knock Punk's heat drawing or talent and compare him to Cena? That has nothing to do with this inccident.

I am a big Punk fan but that has nothing to do with this. I don't care if he hit the wrong fan or not, fact is he is on dodgy ground and deserves some sort of punishment. And Punk should say sorry to the fan.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah it's a bit obvious that Punk hit the wrong guy accidentally. He also wasn't justified in the amount of retaliation.

[video=youtube;dBXmwMLPCAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dBXmwMLPCAs[/video]