Chris Jericho challenges Kenny Omega to a match at Wrestle Kingdom 12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crash

Reaction score
Love Wrestle Kingdom, I watch it every year and I can't wait for this...

Reactions: Pop Tatari

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Never watched Wrestle Kingdom before but just might have to give it a little peep now for this

Reactions: Crash

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
who really saw this as a "dream match"?
To many people, Chris Jericho is considered the best in the world. I mean, he did beat Austin and The Rock on the same night without breaking a sweat. I'm not a fan of Jericho, but I respect his ability.

I've heard of Kenny Omega, and the Bullet Club before, but never really understood why I should care about Omega. I watched this announcement at ROH, I was curious, then I watched some videos about Omega - like the first time he was announced as a member of Bullet Club. Or that "epic promo."

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
To many people, Chris Jericho is considered the best in the world. I mean, he did beat Austin and The Rock on the same night without breaking a sweat. I'm not a fan of Jericho, but I respect his ability.
that was 16 years ago lol. When I look at Jericho now, I don't see the Jericho that became the first ever undisputed champion, I see the person that lost to Fandango at Mania, I see the person that just lost to Owens for a midcard title but most importantly, I see a person that is closer to 50 than 40 and got tremendously slower in the ring. In my eyes, he's just not the best in the world anymore. His gimmick stuff is great and all but when it comes down to stealing the show in a 1 on 1 match, I just don't see it.
Like I said, I don't mind the match whatsoever and I hope they kill it but I'd never say that this is a match I always wanted to see, you know?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I like Jericho and Kenny so I'm keen to see what story they tell with this match. Pacing will be key as I am not sure how much Jericho can last over a lengthy match after being in the quickie factory that is WWE matches.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
who really saw this as a "dream match"?
I see this as less of a dream match and more of a dream opportunity. New Japan wants to further expand to the west and Jericho is one of the biggest names in wrestling. Seeing Jericho wrestle outside of WWE is already worth noting, but to have it be at one of the biggest wrestling events in the world that isn't related to WWE gets peoples attention. There is still a very large amount of wrestling fans that only watch WWE, and New Japan wants to give them an incentive to watch their biggest show by having a big name they recognise.

As for how well the match is, it's best not to think too much about it. The important part of this program will be before and after the match. Before is how much hype is going into it and after is what short or long term effects it will have on Jericho, Omega, New Japan and maybe WWE.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly I am trying not to think too much about everything around the match... the hype... the aftermath... the purpose... I am just going to watch it and enjoy the match.

Reactions: Crash

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything...

but...

Will Jericho actually be able to keep up with Omega?

I mean a young WCW-Era Jericho vs. Omega...now that would be a classic...
but now...isn't Jericho a little "old" to be putting on a match with Omega?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
So...I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything...

but...

Will Jericho actually be able to keep up with Omega?

I mean a young WCW-Era Jericho vs. Omega...now that would be a classic...
but now...isn't Jericho a little "old" to be putting on a match with Omega?

I've never really been a Jericho fan until lately. His last run in WWE, I really liked. But honestly, I have never been a fan.

That being said, he still "got it." He's not as fast and sharp as Omega, but he can hold his own.

Also, Omega has that "thing" that few wrestlers have. Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels did it best.. they can make another wrestler look a lot better than they are. So Omega will make Jericho "keep up" with him if Jericho can't. Honestly, I really think this will be an amazing match and don't worry, you did not sound like a prick :)

Reactions: Grievous 3D