Chris Jericho challenges Kenny Omega to a match at Wrestle Kingdom 12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
This is literally a dream match, oh my freaking God...

I was going to try to watch WrestleKingdom anyways but damn...

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Never watched any other wrestling promotion other than WWE really, never knew why just thought not to, but looking at this makes me want to watch other promotions.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Alright New Japan shit I'll re-sub to NJ world, chill.

Never watched any other wrestling promotion other than WWE really, never knew why just thought not to, but looking at this makes me want to watch other promotions.

New Japan has been phenomenal I'd recommend watching this year's G1 climax. Wrestle Kingdom is where the rivalries usually end but it's still a good starting point because the match quality is top notch.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Very smart move by Bushiroad to help get western eyes on the product now that they are expanding into the US proper (they are running LA on March 25th 2018).

Match quality is still obviously up for debate. Jericho's one main flaw is that he still thinks that he is on the same athletic level as guys much younger than him. And let's be honest, Jericho was never on the same athletic level as some of his compatriots like Eddie, Ultimo, Rey etc. He's always been much more of a technician like Malenko. So if they work it similarly to the match Jericho had with Neville in Sumo Hall it will probably be fine, but Jericho cannot hang with Kenny as a pur athlete.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
who really saw this as a "dream match"? Because I swear, Jericho ain't that big of a deal. I mean, obviously this is fucking crazy and I'm definitely into it but it could have been any other decently treated WWE guy and people would mark out for that person to face Kenny, which is a compliment to Kenny's drawing factor because he just made a midcard-veteran a main attraction again.

Like Stopspot already hinted at, I don't really see Jericho going all out here. My guess is that it's gonna be cool to watch but not really a spectacle as far as in-ring action goes. Still really looking forward to it

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
this is going to be insane to watch and oh my lord Jericho is gonna have a sweet NJPW theme... man i hope he gets the countdown...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This seems odd and out of the blue, but in a good way. So, this means Jericho is a free agent now? Anyways, hyped for Alpha vs Omega.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
The match is going to be pretty good.
Not the best of either one's career, but pretty good.

I did a whole podcast about it, specifically how it's going to lead to Triple H taking over all of pro wrestling.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
This seems odd and out of the blue, but in a good way. So, this means Jericho is a free agent now? Anyways, hyped for Alpha vs Omega.
Jericho has been a free agent for a while.

Now that the match has been announced it is rather obvious. Jericho is doing a rock and wrestling cruise and has teamed up with ROH to provide the wrestling on the cruise. So he had a foot in the door already. Him knowing Gedo and Jado from WAR probably helped. And as have been said already in here. This match is a marketing ploy for New Japan's US expansion, and Jericho is one of few 90s stars left that is still somewhat decent a worker

Lawd Of Wolves

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly cannot wait for this match, Jericho can still pull out a 5 star match no matter his age and Kenny Omega, well he's one of the greatest wrestlers I've seen. This is going to be epic!