ACW Closed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to say "Ha you guys suck, UWF is way better!" but unfortunately that may of been the menality of the forum.

Who knows, IF UWF recruitment drive goes well, and we get enough people in, the chances of ACW returning and becoming productive increases tenfold... I say give it till November time.

Till then, it's time for the dust to settle and build up a strong e-fed community amongst wrestlingsmarks (bigger than it is now) then the RP Fed could possibly return.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that the biggest issue was the clash in styles between ACW/PWA and the clash between some members and the ACW creative team. I hope that in the future a fed could be created that wouldn't result in an us versus them attitude with ACW and PWA members. Everyone is a member of the same forum and hopefully something created from scratch that mixes the best bits of ACW and PWA with no actual link to the old feds would be able to keep everyone happy and unite them.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Lol PWA was outnumbered by a lot of the ACW guys. We just came from a fed that ran very smooth. So we were used to that, the way it was run here was alien to us. Anyway I still can't do shit on WS so my UWF career could be going down too.

Pete

Reaction score
I think that the biggest issue was the clash in styles between ACW/PWA and the clash between some members and the ACW creative team. I hope that in the future a fed could be created that wouldn't result in an us versus them attitude with ACW and PWA members. Everyone is a member of the same forum and hopefully something created from scratch that mixes the best bits of ACW and PWA with no actual link to the old feds would be able to keep everyone happy and unite them.

I'd be up for this.

EoR I agree that that was the mentality of the forum. I've seen RPing described as "weird". Your style is just easier. But it was a matter of sheer size. No way a little cottage can stand out next to a huge skyscraper.

BDC

Reaction score
But that first guy who wrote ACW and then Wrestlingaddict and me fucking off honestly, that screw it over but Slim held steadfast and recruit this new bunch in and the fed seems to be on it's raise then the inconsistency of the staff and particularly personally, the lack of creative coherence and direction royally fuck this place up.

The inconsistency of the staff was due to the fact that a good number of people are impossible to write for; impossible to please. I was fine till I (A) made a mistake or (B) didn't write the character right even though we had begged for input. We're supposed to be psychics and figure out what the writer is thinking. SOme character's development needs 'owner' input and lots of it. I'm a firm believer in creator rights. But a handful of our active guys would stay tight lipped and then get upset that we wouldn't portray them correctly. Then, when you didn't make them look like God's...it goes down hill. You have people ranting that they don't want certain people to writer their characters. It was a load of absolute stupidity. So, I bopped out. I did it nicely and didn't cause a stink.

The 'lack of creative coherence and direction' was due to characters disappearing, changing names and gimmicks multiple times.

Thanks for the words, EOR. Your right on, just don't know all the background crap.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd be up for this.

EoR I agree that that was the mentality of the forum. I've seen RPing described as "weird". Your style is just easier. But it was a matter of sheer size. No way a little cottage can stand out next to a huge skyscraper.

My cottage is godly thank you!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Lol PWA was outnumbered by a lot of the ACW guys. We just came from a fed that ran very smooth. So we were used to that, the way it was run here was alien to us. Anyway I still can't do shit on WS so my UWF career could be going down too.

That is kind of my point, PWA weren't used to the ACW style and ACW weren't used to the PWA style. The mix just didn't work and it made things difficult. A fed with a better mixture of the two styles may be the best option in the future with a rule that ACW and PWA can never be mentioned so that people can't complain that this is how it used to be done. Both feds were running smoothly on their seperate forums it was only when the mix happened that things went a bit off the rails, staff started leaving and then everything all happened too quickly rather than gradually merging the styles.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
The inconsistency of the staff was due to the fact that a good number of people are impossible to write for; impossible to please. I was fine till I (A) made a mistake or (B) didn't write the character right even though we had begged for input. We're supposed to be psychics and figure out what the writer is thinking. SOme character's development needs 'owner' input and lots of it. I'm a firm believer in creator rights. But a handful of our active guys would stay tight lipped and then get upset that we wouldn't portray them correctly. Then, when you didn't make them look like God's...it goes down hill. You have people ranting that they don't want certain people to writer their characters. It was a load of absolute stupidity. So, I bopped out. I did it nicely and didn't cause a stink.

The 'lack of creative coherence and direction' was due to characters disappearing, changing names and gimmicks multiple times.

Thanks for the words, EOR. Your right on, just don't know all the background crap.

I agree with you, me & you talk alot about the direction of Jeff Jarrett as much as possible and I think that's how UWF is effective in that sense, naturally RPing is done completely off your own head, the character, the psychology and the feel of the guys. There's no basis 'shell' of a character (if that makes sense) and I suggest with that concept, I write books and create my own worlds but I couldn't do that style and you have my absolute respect for your style of writing, I would struggle ALOT with that style of show writing.

TTing writing is kinda clear cut, but I think there's a lot of behind the scene issues with creative control in an RP fed which a TTing fed which rarely comes about. You said it yourself, it's impossible to book an RP fed right without getting bitched out because it's not how some envsioned. And the fact gimmicks are changed so regular etc, no consistancy from your Rpers was a major issue.

As you know from being a part of UWF, you can see how we changed gimmicks, alignments and characters through the shows but it seemed to me, people was so willy nilly with ACW, that you couldn't get the shows flowing due to people's impatiences and impossible to work into the shows correctly.

Pete

Reaction score

You forgot turning down feuds/matches with certain characters because they were "beneath them" and would "make them look bad".

Pete

Reaction score
I agree with you, me & you talk alot about the direction of Jeff Jarrett as much as possible and I think that's how UWF is effective in that sense, naturally RPing is done completely off your own head, the character, the psychology and the feel of the guys. There's no basis 'shell' of a character (if that makes sense) and I suggest with that concept, I write books and create my own worlds but I couldn't do that style and you have my absolute respect for your style of writing, I would struggle ALOT with that style of show writing.

TTing writing is kinda clear cut, but I think there's a lot of behind the scene issues with creative control in an RP fed which a TTing fed which rarely comes about. You said it yourself, it's impossible to book an RP fed right without getting bitched out because it's not how some envsioned. And the fact gimmicks are changed so regular etc, no consistancy from your Rpers was a major issue.

As you know from being a part of UWF, you can see how we changed gimmicks, alignments and characters through the shows but it seemed to me, people was so willy nilly with ACW, that you couldn't get the shows flowing due to people's impatiences and impossible to work into the shows correctly.

Exactly. We had several instances of:

"OK, here's this guy. He's called John Smith. No, wait, he's called Bob Williams. And his pic base is Edge. No, wait, Adam Cole. No, now it's Edge again. And his name is now Frank Hughes."

And meanwhile we're trying to book this guy and make him look good. Can't be done.

Then there's THIS doozy:

"OK. Character name is Bob Smith and pic base is Evan Bourne."

*Bob Smith gets a push for the next two weeks because the handler is promising*

"Oh, wait, I'm out of ideas for him, kbai"

*Leaves to go win on UWF with a character someone else made for him*

And we're left with a hole in the card and no Champion/#1 contender/whatever.

This was recurring, to the point where we had an overstacked International division at one point, and then a month later we literally had two guys in it. Same with the Predator division. Same with the Tags. It was just a constant struggle.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Definitely would have to be some ground rules as far as characters go. I mean like pic base doesn't really bother me. But name changes... thats a lil harder to work with but if it is just a name change that can be explained and still work through the show.

Name and gimmick change... that is a bit harder... especially on a week to week basis. That makes it hard to book. And then if the guy is changing size it makes it harder... I mean a gradual change works. An immediate change kinda can't work and that happened sometimes. You can't expect to be in the same spot if you change your gimmick completely because you got bored with what you have. That's why you have the option of changing your story. Its an RP character... so you don't have to change completely each week. You can work to gradually changing.

Like... with my Phoenix... she actually was an Ivy for months... and over the course of almost a month and a half I changed her over to her new gimmick. But talking it over with the guys in charge writing... that helps. But like for me... I wouldn't write for a character unless I knew/understood the character which is why like for me... I'll admit it... I'm very protective of Phoenix. And if someone hasn't seen what she can do or how she is as a character... I won't let them write for her because that would change how she is. And I'll want to see how the character is before even attempting to write something for them if that is necessary. But hopefully the RPer can write their own segments.

But yeah I would say that there would at least need to be a 45 day period where you can't make a major change to your character. Like going from a happy go lucky face to next week turning into a dark morbid kind of person unless they have some sort of personality disorder... changing like that weekly makes it extremely difficult. But there would need to be more open communication with staff and RPers to make things flow easier.

Like the owner of the other fed... thats my homie. That's my friend. We text everyday pretty much. We talk over ideas and everything. Communication is a must on both sides. But if the RPers won't communicate then they can't expect perfection. That's what those unrealistic expectations come from.

BDC

Reaction score
But there would need to be more open communication with staff and RPers to make things flow easier.

Like the owner of the other fed... thats my homie. That's my friend. We text everyday pretty much. We talk over ideas and everything. Communication is a must on both sides. But if the RPers won't communicate then they can't expect perfection. That's what those unrealistic expectations come from.

amen...that's why I stated several times, if we mess something up, call us on it. Don't go away mad. I suspect we're all men or, at least adults, here? we just need to act like it. I know 16 year olds that carry themselves better than some on this forum. Communication...but if management doesn't know somethings wrong and you wont correct us on it or set us straight for the forfront, don't complain later.

And, Slim, I understand, I really do. But if you remember, you went off kinda weird when I simply suggested a few things just throwin' things out there. That on top of about 3 or 4 other things kinda pushed me off. Nothing personal with Slim, we're cool, I think. It's just a cluster bomb of crap went off and I couldn't take it anymore. YET, I didn't walk away. I kept rping on a consistant basis and, LOOK, I'm champion because of it. :O

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
amen...that's why I stated several times, if we mess something up, call us on it. Don't go away mad. I suspect we're all men or, at least adults, here? we just need to act like it. I know 16 year olds that carry themselves better than some on this forum. Communication...but if management doesn't know somethings wrong and you wont correct us on it or set us straight for the forfront, don't complain later.

And, Slim, I understand, I really do. But if you remember, you went off kinda weird when I simply suggested a few things just throwin' things out there. That on top of about 3 or 4 other things kinda pushed me off. Nothing personal with Slim, we're cool, I think. It's just a cluster bomb of crap went off and I couldn't take it anymore. YET, I didn't walk away. I kept rping on a consistant basis and, LOOK, I'm champion because of it. :O

Tryin to remember those times... I do know at the beginning... it was kinda grrrr cause things were being suggested to be implemented and changed before a show under the combined roster was even done and to me that wasn't cool.

There was that one instance where yeah I did... but with that we did discuss things but it was a memory lapse that caused things to not work. I just didn't want the extra work cause I only wanted one character but as could be seen I made both of them work and was going to work with them up to the PPV. But yeah when I left... I really did need to leave. I mean like literally... can you imagine always being a part of fed for the better part of 10 years? I never had any real "break" and so everything just went to the top and I was like... screw this I'm out for now.

I was going to try to create a faux screen name but I didn't get the ok on that and then I was like ah well and that was how Chelios first came about. I wanted just a joke character so expectations wouldn't be there. But yeah... me and BDC had our moments... we cool. But we had it over PM... we didn't flood the board and flood threads with it. That is the way to take care of things.

Pete

Reaction score
Ah, another thing I forgot to mention and Slim kinda did, is when John Smith who is Edge turns into Bob Williams who is Adam Cole, and the RPer expects to keep his spot, and rages when he is sent back to curtain-jerking with his COMPLETELY NEW CHARACTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.