YouTubers Gavin Free and Meg Turney survive break-in

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't watch these guys but they are popular on YouTube for playing video games.
Apparently a "fan" of Gavin wanted him dead. This is pretty scary to think YouTubers get fans like this...

An Albuquerque Journal report says YouTubers Gavin Free and Meg Turney were forced to hide in a closet as an armed, deranged fan searched their home for them last month. Christopher Giles, who the article describes as "single, lonely, and disturbed," eventually left the house after being unable to locate the couple, and was subsequently killed in a confrontation with police.

The report states that Giles, "an avid player of videogames and was known for watching YouTube videos that were centered on his hobby," had "developed a fondness" for Turney, and a simultaneous resentment of Free, her boyfriend.

"A search of Giles' cellular phone identified various notations identifying Megan Turney and Gavin Free by name," court documents filed by police state. "Furthermore, threatening thoughts were recorded by Giles and directed toward Gavin Free, ie., 'I want Gavin Free to die alone, with no children'."

YouTubers Gavin Free and Meg Turney survive break-in by armed, deranged fan | PC Gamer

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Jesus, that's absolutely crazy. I don't know Meg Tuney but I'm a huge fan of Gavin. Thank God nothing bad happened to them

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I guess that's the problem with being on a platform like youtube...
Anyone can "look in" on your life & think they could be a part of it.

At least this didn't end up with someone making a suit of human skin.