X Division Champion Re-Signs with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Austin Aries tweeted "Amidst their recent signings, I'm happy to say I've also re-signed with TNA. I'm excited for this next year, and see #GREAT things ahead..."

Good news one of the best parts about Impact right up there with Roode.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Never saw anyone so happy to sign with a piece of shit company. Not saying WWE is perfect but at least people know who WWE is. Never going to become a big name there, AA.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
TNA allows their wrestlers to wrestle other indy promotions as far as I know so... It's a given.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^They can wrestle on events that aren't televised, aren't iPPVs and they cant be included on DVD releases so it does limit what companies they could work for. That is why Anthony Nesse quit because he wanted to work an iPPV event for, I think, FWE since he would be teaming with Great Muta but TNA wouldn't let him.

As for Aries signing, good on him for repaying TNA's faith in him by signing another contract. Would have been pretty poor form if he decided to leave now when TNA is pushing him like a star. It is a massive signing for TNA and he is probably one of their top five most important wrestlers going forward.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Never saw anyone so happy to sign with a piece of shit company. Not saying WWE is perfect but at least people know who WWE is. Never going to become a big name there, AA.

You don't even know the situation with Aires and WWE. Aires couldn't even get on the Tough Enough cast back in 2011. How can you criticize him for re-signing when WWE has no interest for him at the moment. That's absolutely ridiculous so know the story before you talk for the 35353th time. Aires only signed another year so I'm sure another big year here and he'll make the jump possibly. Once Henry, Show, Lesnar, Kane, Jericho possibly, also Rock won't be involved with anything story line related, I'd love to see TNA guys make the jump like Aires, Roode, Storm, and even veterans like Joe and Styles.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
You don't even know the situation with Aires and WWE. Aires couldn't even get on the Tough Enough cast back in 2011. How can you criticize him for re-signing when WWE has no interest for him at the moment. That's absolutely ridiculous so know the story before you talk for the 35353th time. Aires only signed another year so I'm sure another big year here and he'll make the jump possibly. Once Henry, Show, Lesnar, Kane, Jericho possibly, also Rock won't be involved with anything story line related, I'd love to see TNA guys make the jump like Aires, Roode, Storm, and even veterans like Joe and Styles.

WWE weren't interested because of his age which is a perfect reason for a show like Tough Enough.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^That wasn't WWE's fault that he didn't get on Tough Enough. WWE didn't cast the wrestlers for the show, the company producing the show took charge of casting. I agree that he would be crazy to join WWE right know when there are quite a few others that would be ahead of him and he would struggle for tv time to begin with whereas in TNA he is currently one of their top stars. Seems like a no brainer to re-sign with TNA

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Then why was Matt Cross on the show and he was on independents for like 8 years? I don't see the logic here and believe that they just didn't bother to give Aires a chance.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Because the producers must have liked his story and his look. May not have helped Aries that he has already worked for an international company, TNA, and the producers may have wanted new faces that they could present to a wider audience for the first time.

It is good to see Aries getting some reward considering he was close to retiring after he was rejected for Tough Enough. Shows others that you need to stick it out and continuing putting on great matches and eventually the hard work will pay off.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Good job to Aries here. Wait a little bit, get more established, than make the move. Aries has some decent talent to work with in TNA too. So I'm not upset by this at all.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Great to see him re-sign one of ny favourites, just hope they continue moving him up the card