WWE To Go PG 13 ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Currently WWE has been PG & since it's PG era things like WWE Universe were created. Now they are taking it away, Also w/ having all their WWE programing in prime time & on cable channels instead of networks like CW Fox mynetwork, etc etc. Could this be a sign that maybe some time soon WWE will up the anti & go PG 13?

Nexus are fresh & young & have a slight edge of attitude & are aggressive.
Miz has big mouth (like the rock did)
Randy Orton (has a bit of stone cold attitude)
LayCool both have big moths on them, are very pretty & play dirty
Natylia & Beth Phoenix have the aggression factor
CM Punk is now leader of Nexus & is no longer preaching about good health nor having a straight edge society.

Could this be a turning point to a new era of attitude just PG13 instead of TV 14 ?

It's just a thought

-RB

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE will begin to grow with the audience. So far, they are predominantly still not age appropriate for PG 13. I still don't think being PG is a bad thing, it gets the WWE advertisers they otherwise wouldn't get when they were white hot in the AE. Ratings in America mau be slippoing, but from what I read from Canadian sports channel The Score and eswpecially it's boss Greg Sansone, he says ratings for Raw and Smackdown haven't been better.

I like PG because I can watch the show with children and my parents. I couldn't do that during the Attitude Era.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I actually haven't minded the change to PG by WWE. I don't think that PG has been the cause of the decline in quality of some shows. The main issue is WWE are in a transitional period where they are focusing on creating new stars and building for the future. Wrestling doesn't need to be over the top and offensive and a lot of the stuff during the attitude era was just ridiculous anyway. When WWE make a big change to the programming they normally drop back a bit for a couple of years and then start to get the growth once people get used to the new style and forget about what it once was. I can't wait to see what the product will be like at the end of 2011 as so many great talents were produced in 2010 and 2011 should all be about the new generation taking over.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
From the point of view of wresling should be about good matches, engaging characters and cutting edge despute I guess you can still do that with out using adult mentrial, so from that point of view the change has not made that difference, its just that the current product is just so bland, than it isn't working.

On the other hand, blood and violence, and to a lesser extant swearing still has its place in wrestling, and it is very hard to sell a despute between two guys who hate each others guts, without a little juice at some stage. They maybe getting away with it for now, but WWE are planning a dangerious game if they stick with this long term.