WWE Smackdown *Spoilers* 6th of May 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
*World champion Christian comes out and talks about winning the title at Extreme Rules. Mark Henry and Great Khali come out and demand title shots. Randy Orton then comes out and says he wants a shot too. Teddy Long comes out and says that he will let the fans decide and the fans pick Orton. Long announces Christian vs. Orton for the title tonight.

*Backstage, Khali and Ranjin Singh run into Jinder Mahal, who says that it was interesting Singh let Khali dress up in a tutu on Raw.

*Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan in a good match.

*Backstage, the Divas approach Layla and thank her for getting rid of Michelle McCool but tell her that they haven't forgotten how she treated them. Layla says Lay-Cool is officially over and everyone is going to see a new side of her.

*Cody Rhodes comes out and discusses his match at the Extreme Rules PPV. He has bags handed out to make the crowd wear them on his head.

*Ezekiel Jackson defeated The Big Show.

*Layla defeated Alicia Fox. Kharma comes out. Layla backs away. Fox kicks her. She tries to kick Kharma again but instead eats a clothesline. Kharma nailed her with the Implant Buster. The crowd chants for another. She teases it but leaves.

*The Corre attacked Ezekiel Jackson and laid him out backstage, saying that he couldn't just leave them.

*Sin Cara defeated Tyson Kidd. Chavo Guerrero was on commentary. Chavo shakes Cara's hand after the match.

*Backstage, Todd Grisham interviews Teddy Long and asked him if he thought it was unfair Christian has to defend the World title so soon. Long said it's not about being fair, it's about giving the fans what they want. Long said that Raw had a WWE title bout the day after Extreme Rules and he's going to make Smackdown just as exciting and unpredictable.
*Randy Orton pinned Christian to win the World title. Orton celebrated and left. Christian sat in the ring dejected as the fans chanted for him. After he went to the back, Orton returned to remind everyone that when they go home, remember he is the new World champion.

Congratulations Randy Orton you will now begin to receive Cena heat from the crowd. I hate WWE sometimes and this is one of those occasions. They turn a sad situation, Edge retiring, into a great moment with Christian winning the title and then they ruin it. They don't even give him a chance. Seriously Orton is at that level Cena is where he is too over exposed and is pushed too much. Creative are idiots.

Chavo shaking Sin Cara's hand after the match is odd. Will this lead to a feud or a partnership?

Huge win for Ezekiel and finally he is gone from The Corre.

Kharma on Smackdown as well confused me a bit but Kharma taking out all the Divas sounds good.

Looking forward to Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan.

The mainevent is going to ruin this show for me.

What do you think about the show?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This better result in some kind of heel turn mega push for Christian or this is the biggest pile of shit ever. Fuck Orton, he is already ruining my favorite show. Is it because he has some shitty movie to promote? You know I heard he was good in it, probz because he was playing himself...an asshole.

Not happy at all about this.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Reading the final paragraph of the report again and has Orton turned heel on this show?

He comes back to remind everyone that he is the World Champion, that seems like a heelish thing to do so maybe we get Orton back as a heel rather than a bland face.

Hopefully Christian gets a huge face push from this and this better lead to a long feud between them over the title with Christian getting the title back on PPV.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I REALLY hope this is some major character push otherwise I will riot. I am really pissed off, so much for respecting Christian. It just makes absolutely no sense, what is the point of this? I expect some huge character push, but if it's not then I will be pissed. Christian deserved this, he has worked so hard yet you give it to Orton, who continues to win on and on again. It's guys like Punk and Christian that don't get the proper respect they deserve.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
i have a feeling this is their way to place orton back on the heel side of things..how ever in the past year we have seen orton vs cena n both guys had thousands of people chanting their name......maybe they can try to push orton back to a heel status..but like the cena push for heel..maybe it just isn't going to work...lets face it...orton since becoming a face over a year ago..has pretty much gotten at Cena's face level...maybe it's when u get to that level their is no going back...maybe u can be as heel as can be but still be liked by the crowd...who knows...how ever take HHH as example.....or even HBK...both have been turned from heel to face n vise versa...if creative wants to turn cena or orton heel.....maybe they should take some notes from the ones who did it w/ HHH & HBK.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Orton is just terribly boring, thats the major problem here. I know people who fall asleep during his matches, and I include myself in that. He is just too plain jane in the ring, promos just everything.

I don't know why people don't see Christian as a draw, just because he isn't 6'4 weighs over 300 lbs doesn't mean he isn't a marketable personality. The guy is a good promo, good in the ring what else is there? His looks? This is Blue, I'm so hating this angle or whatever way they are trying to spin it. It's just a bullshit decision I hope results in a nosedive in ratings.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I can't totally hate Orton, because I am a Orton fan ( really like him as a person and has improved behind the scenes) but his heel character is way better. I thought Edge would bring out the best of Orton in their feud for Orton's face character but that didn't happen. Orton vs Miz were among the worst PPV matches I watched in a long time. Thank god Edge was the champion on SD and put on some great matches otherwise I wouldn't have watched some of those PPV's. The fact they are making Orton into a Cena role on SD which basically makes Orton as big as Cena in a face role. Like Deezy said, Orton is killing the show. Smackdown used to be the best show with guys like Edge, Jericho, Morrison, Kane, McIntyre, and Punk being the main guys. I would watch SD every week because those guys would tear it up. Now this show is barley watchable, all my favorites are gone and the age of face Orton is upon us. I won't be watching it anytime soon.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Vince has no faith in Christian and loves Orton. Why? I wish I knew that answer. Like Most here I like Christian he is definitely paid his dues and how do you know if a guy is a draw unless you give him a chance to be a draw? Orton is more boring than watching paint dry. His matches lull me to sleep.

ants

Reaction score
Its on TV now in Australia so Im going to watch it, and throw something at the screen when Christian loses the title. Really emotional opening from Christian as well, hell it makes me that sad that hes lost it. Funny call, you want my belt Mark Henry? You no its made of gold not chocolate. HAHAAHAHAA

Lucky

Reaction score
After seeing the way Christian reacted last night after dropping the title to Orton, I for one am very interested to see where this storyline goes.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Say what you want about Orton, but the ending of that match was incredible. I must say they had a top match, but still hate the decision.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Did Orton end up coming out to the stage reminding everyone who was champion or was that just for the live crowd?

The match did sound like an incredible match especially for a tv match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

What WWE does this week on Smackdown to deal with this angle, and the backlash from it, will be very interesting.