WWE RAW 2nd May 2011 - The Rock's Birthday LIVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am setting this up early but it will be a huge show. Back in The Rock's home town of Miami and we get a birthday celebration. I double checked and it actually is his birthday which is pretty awesome, I thought that WWE might just be making that up.

This RAW will be all about Rock and although it won't be as big an episode as Mankind's This is Your Life for The Rock I hope it is something similar. Bring in some big names like Stone Cold and Vince to give him presents.

It is the RAW after Extreme Rules so they can forget about feuds for a little bit and give The Rock a lot of tv time.

What do you want to see happen on The Rock's RAW?

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
i'd like to see a special 6 man generation vs generation tag team match The Rock, Stone Cold & Triple H vs. Randy Orton, John Cena & The Miz

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
RAW is 14 hours away.

Cena walks into RAW as WWE champion after pinning the Miz to win their mainevent cage match. Alberto Del Rio wasn't able to bring the World Heavyweight title to RAW and I wouldn't be surprised to see these two start a feud.

Morrison was also involved in that match and was featured prominently before R-Truth attacked him so I expect these two to feud with each other.

Kofi Kingston was able to bring the US title to RAW so we should see who his first challenger to the title is.

Cole and Swagger won again so I don't know if it is the end of his feud with Lawler but I hope it is.

Finally it is all about The Rock's birthday so we should see plenty of him.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Yes tonights Raw should be interesting. From news I read the coach will be on the show so it will be funny to see Rock and Coach once again in the ring together. Wondering what is next for the WWE title I am predicting Cena vs Miz.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Though I might put this out here WWE confirmed a WWE title match tonight between John Cena vs the Miz. So that should be good also...

flag.jpg

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today announced that it will host the biggest party to celebrate our country’s patriotism on Monday Night Raw airing live on USA at 9 p.m. ET from American Airlines Arena in Miami.

It is fitting that WWE celebrate this historic day in our country’s ongoing fight against terrorism, as WWE SmackDown was the first public assembly after the tragedy of September 11th, taking place live from Houston on September 13, 2001.

As part of tonight’s show, WWE will replay Superstar John Cena announcing the news about Osama Bin Laden to the crowd at last night’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view in which the crowd spontaneously chanted U-S-A.

This is more for the American's then anyone else but still pretty cool. So two big parties and one big title match tonight. You think the Rock will get involved in the title match?

Lucky

Reaction score
Absolutely. I would be shocked if he didn't get involved at all seeing as though Cena's in it. I could actually see him hitting a rock bottom on Cena, Miz looks on in approval with a smile on his face, and then Rock hits him with one too. You just know somehow the Rock is going to be involved to further bring along their long-going feud.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
So Raw is kicking off with a 9/11 segment, and showing he Smackdown episode from 9/13/11, which you all remember that was tape the day of 9/11 god nice little wrap up for the show, can't wait too see what else is in this video package, and omg Lilian is back to sing the national anthem she looks beautiful tonight. Damn she is obviously also here for the Rock's bday. For me being an American I like how this Raw is starting off.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
So now the Raw intro actually hits after that beautiful song sang by the lovely Lillian Garcia. So they preview the Rock's bday, and the WWE title match. So now we have the Rock coming out right now, bam they are kicking off Raw with a bang crowd is red hot here in Miami, and damn not going to lie the Rock looks huge... and I mean huge. Wonder what he has to say.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You can never say that WWE aren't patriotic, they do so much for the country and reading that they will donate t-shirt sales for the next week from The Rock's shirt is great. I can remember watching that episode of Smackdown after 9/11 and even as a non American it was moving to watch.

Great that Lillian is back for tonight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Rock's arms are bigger than his head.

Like you said Chase this is a hot crowd and that always makes a show better.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
So the Rock is in the arena and he is looking on speaking. The crowd is going crazy for him which is nice to see. Rock is just absorbing all these chants. The usual finally thing he does the crowd is eating this up so good. Rock now announces that they caught Osama bin Laden, huge "USA" chant breaks through the arena. Now Rock is thanking the troops, now he wants everyone to join him in the pledge of allegiance. Rock cuts a quick promo on his life, and now we get the general manager to interrupt by the general manager, but the Rock says "nope" and insults Cole. Cole now gather major heat by wearing a Celtics jersey an wants an apology from the Rock. Cole accepts and now it is time for the most electrfying move in sports entertainment. Also the U sign is for the Miami Hurricane.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pitbull singing on RAW?

Random but the crowd are loving it.

Is that the Diva's dancing or Miami Heat cheerleaders or randoms?

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
The first thirty minutes of Raw was taken up by The Rock with this bday celebration. Now we will get R-truth vs John Morrison in the ring. Should be a good match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Also the U sign is for the Miami Hurricane.

Thanks for explaining that because I had no idea what he was doing.

Loving this crowd and they went crazy for The Rock Bottom and The People's Elbow.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Yep yep now we get R-Truth vs Morrison, now JR is at ringside for this special night. Looks like R-Truth does not have new theme music yet. Was curious about that, anyways looks like this match will actually happen, but really was not expecting that much in ring action.