WWE RAW 13th June 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Kevin Nash perhaps

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know if I see Nash as the authority figure. Could be possible since he has signed that five year Legends contract with them.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Did it back in the day with WCW made a great heel figure him and double J both. Not sure how I'd take it I just wish they'd do something more than just those roundtables with him. I'd rather have him on Commentary than Booker.

Weez

Reaction score
It'll probably end up being Vince as the Anonymous RAW general Manager.

It makes complete "WWE Sense". Think about it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Given a person I can give a reason no matter who it is but I get your meaning. I'd just like it to be someone everyone can appreciate.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Was going to miss this Raw, but them damn Canucks were choking worst than LeBron in the fourth quarter and I needed a break from wanting to murder somebody.

First off, Long Island and no Zack Ryder? Unforgiveable, somebody certainly doesn't want him to look like he is over. Thats the only thing that could explain a VERY pro-Ryder crowd not getting what they wanted.

And wtf is with the short matches? 3 hours and only one match goes atleast 15 minutes? Unnacceptable. Even if they are acting like wrestling is just a backdrop for their shows, atleast have some fucking decent matches.

Riley is over as fuck, nice to see someone new getting a decent push. Either Miz is that good, or Riley just exudes charisma, probably a little of both. Rileys music is awesome btw.

Cara's mood lighting is annoying and should stop yesterday.

Austin and Punk interaction was good, with all the bullshit segments they seemed to be keen on having, should've had Punk and Austin interacting more.

Punk and Cena match was a good tv match and the crowd was hot, kept Punk hot while building more heat for Truth who was the MVP of this show. Keeping Punk hot is a good thing as it would provide a future feud between Punk and Cena later on.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First 200+ posts for the RAW thread! Incredible. Thankyou to all the members that have posted in here and hopefully we can break this record next week for another three hour RAW.

Ryder was used on Superstars and had the best reaction of the night according to reports that I have read. I assume that they wouldnt have wanted him on RAW since he would have come off as a face when at the moment he is a heel.

Riley's reaction surprised me, I knew he was over as a face but his reaction would have easily been top three for the night. His music is awesome best new theme for a long time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. From what I have read from everyone here, I get the impression than this was mostly a postive Raw. A varity of talent was used, and advanced, most of the matches sound decent, and like Troy said they did not over do the legends theme. Also it sounds like Austin actually did something more productive this week than just get cheap pops and stunner people. Adding a Piper's pit was a nice touch, although having Piper wrestle the Miz in the main event [and win!] kind of kills it for me. Anyway there seems enough there for me to catch the repeat where I will give my thoughts futher.

2. Another three hour Raw the next week is just overkill. I can see the point of this one because it did push Sunday's PPV quite well, but another one so soon, and the night after the PPV just doesn't work for me. Also for me the Taboo Tuesday concept at least when WWE introduced it worked quite well, and seem liked a fresh idea for a PPV, they should have kept it going, it shouldn't really be on raw. My impression is that these two special raws back to back are as a result of ratings falling and to try and spice the show up, which is fine, but the purpose of Raw should be to try and build to the PPV's not overshadowed them.

3. Great bitching back and fouth commentry guys!almost makes me wish I was part of this thread last night. Anyway the entertainment provided on here alone does make me want to see the show later in the repeat:nod: Might skip the Hornswoggle bit though! Later.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I am working on the review now despite Tapout stealing my thunder. Raw was incredible live and it was the best Raw in a long time. Awesome job posting guys even though Andrew said he was leaving four times and came back to post anyway. Life is crazy as they say. Big Red Review will be up before 3 pm hopefully because I have work (lol).

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Glad you had a great time at the show. It was a really good RAW to watch and the crowd was hot throughout the night which always makes the show better. Look forward to your review.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well the review is up guys. You can check it out, it took a bit of a long time because I did some extra wording but it's there. I think it came out really good and you should check it out. I don't know if I will continue to do the review because Tapout did one before me. So Tapout if you see this let me know if you want to continue to do it. It's cool I don't mind but if you aren't going to do a weekly review, I think the Big Red Review may be making a true comeback!!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't see any issue with there being multiple reviews for RAW each week by different members. So if you both want to keep doing RAW then great if one wants to do a different show then that is also great. Again there is no issue with multiple members posting reviews for the same show.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Saw Monday's Raw this morning, and it was mostly good, although I agree with deezy about the lack of longer matches, in a three hour broadcast there should have been at least three matches around ten minutes, I think Christian and Mysterio only went about four minutes.

1. Del Rio and Kane was a reasonable bout, and the DQ submission finish made sense, although I wonder what the purpose of Show laying out Richardo was.

2. Enjoyed the six man, and the addation of Daniel Bryan added some smoothness to the preceedings.

3. Christian's match with Rey would have been good if it was given longer, and if not for the lame finish [notice the same finish twice in one night].

4. Piper's Pit was a nice touch, and did a great job of hypeing Miz/Reily, we could have done without the Piper match though.

5. The ARGM's involvement was over done, and at times lacked logic, considering Austin was GM for the night.

6. Main event was the match of the night, CM Punk carried and paced the bout beautifully, the finish was good and did nothing to harm Punk who really needs victory at the PPV.

Decent show, which did a good job of setting the stage for sunday.

Last edited: