WWE pros/cons

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
Better Wrestler-Day 1-Round 1

So what this is all about is I set up a bracket of a bunch of wrestlers...past and present. Every day two wrestlers will go head to head and you all vote for who is/was the better wrestler based on everything a wrestler needs...charisma, in ring talent, attitude etc. Who ever gets the most votes proceeds onto round 2.
First matchup:

Andre%20the%20Giant%2002.jpg

VS.

WorldWrestlingEntertainmentTickets.jpg

Yep, Andre vs Big Show.

I'm gonna take Big Show because he is the better athlete I beleive, much more charisma, and well I havent seen much of Andre. Big Show was just incredible as I'm sure Andre was for his time.

Slash

Reaction score
Big Show wins this for me

Advantages to Andre - Overpowering, outweighs almost everyone
Disadvantages - To slow, not any good with promos

Big Show Advantages - Has a lot of charisma, good speed for a big man, powerful
Disadvantages - Can't really think of many in this position

MJ807

Reaction score
Big Show for all the reasons Slash listed and Big Show just has a better personality.

Soulpower

Big Show... This might make some people mad, but Andre is overrated. Sure he was the first man his size to make an impact in the wrestling business, but Big Show just broke the mold of what a giant can be. He was able to d oa moonsault for ****'s sake, I mean someone that size shouldn't do that.

He had tons of charisma (just look when he was imitating other wrestlers) and he really earned a lot of people's respect by being the ECW champion and being in Extreme Rules matches despite being clearly injured... BUg Show should win this easily.

xtremebadass

Well Big Show did win all three major titles, eventhough I count the ECW title as just another WWE title, but yea Big Show wins

Taker

Reaction score
I would have to say The Big Show, i have only seen a couple of Andre The Giant matches, but Big Show is one of my favorite wrestlers today in wrestling so i would have to agree with Big Show!

Reaction score
Definitely Big Show. Everyone knows Andre was there for show and pure amazement at his size. Big Show can actually perform inside the ring and cut a decent promo if he has too. It's a shame that both wore down the way they did. Andre was probably done anyway, but Show could still have a few years left ahead of him, if his body would have allowed it.

Reaction score
This might make some people mad, but Andre is overrated.

Couldn't agree more. People get mad about dead guys being put over as Legends but I can't think of a better example of this abuse of history than Andre. To his credit he was an awe inspiring sight and was certainly a draw in his time but that was pretty much it. He was slow and boring to watch and his promos made less sense than Warrior's. The WWE have manipulated history to paint him as something more than he was, though it is also partly Hogan's fault for exagerating his own legend to the point where you'd think he gorilla pressed a 700lb Andre in front of a million fans. I preferred him to Giant Gonzalez and The Great Khali but not by much.

As you can tell I'm going with Show, especially back in the days before he got fat and was an impressively agile specimen for a guy of his size. Even in the latter part of his career where good matches were few and far between he outstripped Andre on every count. Screw dewy eyed nostalgia, Paul Wight is the man.

Truth

Reaction score
Big Show wins.

Well I'm making a new bracket in teh next few minutes (keeping the show vs andre matchup though), so with discussion sparked in the shoutbox....

02.jpg

200px-Sting_tna.jpg

I'm gonna have to choose Sting. Vampiro gets too much credit in my opinion. Sure hes a good wrestler and a legend in Mexico but what is he in America? Not much. If he was to be in WWE he'd be a high midcarder, Sting on the other hand could main event any promotion. Hes got great talent, a great attitude, puts over the young guys, and get this...he actually speaks!

Truth

Reaction score
If you mean the concept of this thread, then no because I made it 3 days ago. And as I said i got the idea of sting vs vampiro from the shoutbox.

Soulpower

Sting, hands down.... The man was an integral part of WCW all throughout the 90's churning out great matches against the likes of Flair and Vader. Vampiro is a legend in Mexico, but in the US, well... He's the WSX champ, take that for what its worth.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'll put a Superstar or a diva and you say what their best and worse qualities are and why.

Evan Bourne

Angelic Chaos

Reaction score
Pro: One of the best High-Flyers in the business

Con: He gets jobbed too much.

Yoshi Tatsu