WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

I don't want Lesnar or Punk to turn face but I guess one of them has to if they're gonna do the match

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

tbh I would rather see Punk v Rock v Cena for the title

and have Lesnar v Ryback

The Viper

Reaction score

Yeah, I was predicting a triple threat ever since it was revealed Rock would be working Extreme Rules. I wouldn't mind it.

In a fantasy world, Rock keeps the title at 'Mania. Has the triple threat at Extreme Rules, Punk gets the title back. Wonderful!!

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

66860_10201159517252901_480714316_n.jpg

Didn't know where else to post this, it's legit also.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

as awesome as that is...I still think he had more potential as a face...the crowd loved him...bad move imo bad move

Postman Dave

Reaction score

- The Rock recently spoke with New York City radio host Peter Rosenberg while promoting his new TV show Hero. Here are the highlights…

In He Done Wrestling?: "Possibly, to be honest with you. This is exclusive s--- right here (laughs)," Johnson said about whether facing John Cena at WrestleMania 29 was his last match. "Possibly. You know, the goal three years ago was - I sat down with Vince McMahon and we strategized about it, talked about three WrestleManias (WM27 as host, WM28 vs. Cena, WM29 vs. Cena) back-to-back, boom-boom-boom, and building to those. And, I committed myself to the company and I was very proud of that moment (passing the torch to Cena) - didn't matter if I lost or did the job or not. It was an honor to do the honors. We wanted to build me to a certain place and become champion, and then do things the right way," Johnson continued. "It was the best way to give back. Was it my last match? Possibly. I'm really not too sure and I wouldn't rule it out. The plan the whole time was to create the Miami (WrestleMania) and create the biggest show of all-time in the biggest market of New York."

On His Next Match: "The original plan was possibly Brock (Lesnar) and myself. Like, that was the next thing that made sense to me. Because, I love Brock and we've been friends for over a decade now. And, we could have a great, athletic match. So, that was the plan. But, when I tore tendons off my pelvis, I had to fly home that day, so we couldn't do what we wanted to do at Raw that day. So, possibly with Brock down the road."

On The Injury and Vince & Company Knowing He Was Going Home: "I talked to Vince that night when I was hurt," Johnson said, with a defensive tone in his voice. "Vince, and Triple H, by the way, and John Cena and C.M. Punk came by the locker room... That night, I saw the WWE (doctors), and they did the fun test if one has a hernia, and Vince came by the locker room. I said I was hurt, then we agreed that I was not going to be at the show the next night. So, everyone knew. I wasn't quite too sure where all the 'scrambling' came in."

Another sign that Rock won't be back in the ring any time soon.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

- Despite The Rock teasing that WrestleMania 29 may have been his last wrestling match, there is some skepticism among some WWE wrestlers and staff. Most believe that when the time comes and Rock is healed up from all of his injuries and feeling good again, he will agree to work WrestleMania XXX in 2014.

It's said that Vince McMahon believes Rock will do at least one more match, which is why they continue to promote Rock on WWE TV. WWE is hoping that Rock will make an appearance at the October Hell in a Cell pay-per-view from his hometown of Miami.

That's not too surprising. After being back for this long, I see no reason why he shouldn't work WM XXX. A HIAC appearance should be interesting, maybe he'll cut a promo asking for a WM XXX opponent or some shit like that.

- The Undertaker appears to have been written off WWE TV for the foreseeable future after being destroyed by The Shield on last Friday's SmackDown.

WWE officials are interested in having The Undertaker wrestle a match at this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view.

Regarding Taker defending The Streak at WrestleMania XXX in 2014, there is already talk of Ryback getting the shot but some feel that John Cena would get the best reaction as far as the match itself goes.

Well I guess Undertaker has worn out his usefulness for the time being :lol: seeing at Summerslam would be great and I agree with John Cena. That being said, I don't trust rumor websites on Undertaker's status anymore so I don't what to believe.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Well I guess Undertaker has worn out his usefulness for the time being :lol: seeing at Summerslam would be great and I agree with John Cena. That being said, I don't trust rumor websites on Undertaker's status anymore so I don't what to believe.

I agree with whoever ends it once and for all.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

The Viper

Reaction score

I think the WWE would greatly regret it (and I've said this before) if they never did Cena/Taker at Wrestlemania. They just have to do it. They'd be missing out on a gigantic money-making 'Mania match.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Especially at WrestleMania 30

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck

Cena would probably be the best chance ti break the streak.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Has anyone hear listened to Stone Cold's podcast?

It's so great, I love it. It's so funny to hear him speak about the stuff he does such getting a manicure/pedicure, and relationship advice. He's even had a few guests like HBK and Chael Sonnen. On one of his latest episodes, he talks about flies, and he even speaks with a fly

:laugh:

DD

Reaction score
Has anyone hear listened to Stone Cold's podcast?

It's so great, I love it. It's so funny to hear him speak about the stuff he does such getting a manicure/pedicure, and relationship advice. He's even had a few guests like HBK and Chael Sonnen. On one of his latest episodes, he talks about flies, and he even speaks with a fly

:laugh:

I've listened to all of em. Totally love them. The hour goes by so fast and he is just one of the coolest guys to listen to just go on about so many things. This is a man who knows a lot about life, the world we live in and best of all he is very self aware and observant of others. I hate nothing more than ignorant or obvious people and AHH-AHH Stone Cold ain't one of those stupid mother fuckers!!

And that's all I got to say about that!

Sabretooth

Reaction score

With WWE on the verge of signing new developmental talent to coincide with the launch of its Performance Center in Winter Park, Florida, multiple talents situated in the developmental system were released today.

It has been confirmed that Derrick Bateman, Briley Pierce, Sakamoto and Audrey Marie were among those let go by WWE on Friday.

Bateman announced on his Twitter account that he is now available for independent bookings and then adding, "Welp see ya later @wwe @WWEUniverse #itsfine."

Pierce, who is the brother of WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler, stated on his account, "I guarantee that was the funniest and most entertaining "You're released" phone call in WWE history. Bye, everybody!"

Sakamoto thanked WWE on his account for doing business with him, writing, "#WWE #NXT my friend thank you for everything SAYONARA."

Though Marie has yet to publicly address her standing with WWE, PWInsider.com confirms that she has been let go. She had been under contract to WWE since 2011 and was a fixture in the developmental system's women's division.

Bateman, who had been under contract to WWE since 2008, appeared on the final season of NXT before the program was transferred to Florida. He last appeared on WWE programming late last year, and had been making infrequent appearances for NXT.

Briley had been under a developmental contract to WWE since 2011, the highlight of which was a Florida Tag Team Championship reign with Brad Maddox. He was shifted to the role of backstage interviewer for NXT last June, though would still continue to compete. However, he lost the majority of his matches from that point on.

Sakamoto was paired with Tensai last year before being demoted to developmental in November. Having been trained by Taka Michinoku at his Kaientai Dojo wrestling school in Japan, he joined WWE's developmental system in 2011.

According to PWInsider.com, at least two additional names are expected to be revealed as being no longer under contract to WWE.

Wow that's what Derrick Bateman gets for owning NXT

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Somewhere in Canada, [MENTION=39]Castiel[/MENTION] is crying into his pillow over Bateman.