WWE General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Re: WWE Tidbits, Rumours & General Discussion

Anyone else kinda want Punk to go back to using Killswitch Engage, or is it just me? Or maybe not even Killswitch, but something other than Cult of Personality? I mean, it's a great song, don't get me wrong, but in my life, I've heard that song soooooo many times and everytime he enters to it, that's just one more time I hear it, and I guess what I'm saying is, I'm sick of hearing it. I kinda wish he'd enter to some Jane's Addiction or some sort of tech metal... just something different...

DD

Reaction score
Anyone else kinda want Punk to go back to using Killswitch Engage, or is it just me? Or maybe not even Killswitch, but something other than Cult of Personality? I mean, it's a great song, don't get me wrong, but in my life, I've heard that song soooooo many times and everytime he enters to it, that's just one more time I hear it, and I guess what I'm saying is, I'm sick of hearing it. I kinda wish he'd enter to some Jane's Addiction or some sort of tech metal... just something different...

I thought his old music was soooooooo perfect for him. He was 10 years old when this song came out. It just seems so off for his character.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I thought his old music was soooooooo perfect for him. He was 10 years old when this song came out. It just seems so off for his character.

Me dos. I heard This Fire Burns today, and I regret him ever changing it to Living Color.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

I actually prefer Cult but both are badass.

Enforcer

Reaction score

I prefer Cult myself too, it kinda describes his character now, but see they need to take him back to last summer and let him let loose with his inner Austin... for his character to continue we need more "Pipe Bombs"

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I prefer Cult myself too, it kinda describes his character now, but see they need to take him back to last summer and let him let loose with his inner Austin... for his character to continue we need more "Pipe Bombs"

You pretty much made my point right here. He's no longer playing The Voice of the Voiceless, rather, he is now a man on a mission more than anything, hungry both for revenge against Jericho, as well as looking forward to his next challenge against D-Bry and remaining WWE Champion.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Both songs are badass and among my favorite entrance themes, but I understand the decision to change.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I'm back and I'm bringing hell.

But yeah both songs are amazing but I like cult of personality better. He used fire burns for five years it was time for a change. Cult is a song about people standing up to authority. That's basically what punk is doing. The fire burns didn't fit him anymore. That song was about a guy who has a passion. Punk has no more passion. He's just there to kick ass and be champion.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

- As noted before, Brock Lesnar was told he would be losing to John Cena at Extreme Rules several weeks back. Lesnar has made it clear that he's about the money, not the ego, and if they want him to lose, he has no problem with it as long as they play fair with him.

According to sources, it was made clear to Cena and Lesnar that their feud would be a one-match program. Officials felt that Lesnar could leave at any time and they needed their top guy getting the win first time out to make sure that it happened.

WWE has already used 5 of Lesnar's limited dates in the first month of his contract so expect him to be used sparingly if at all over the next few months. With that said, Lesnar vs. Triple H for SummerSlam is reportedly in the works.

Credit to pwpix.net

Well so much for Lesnar vs Orton

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

Hopefully he doesn't job to Hunter.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I assume he won't but I've given up trying to predict wwe

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I'm pretty up for Lesnar/HHH to be honest, it was one of the few matches we never got during Brock's first run.

Enforcer

Reaction score

HHH vs Brock would have been good a few years ago, but in this day and age it's like why? HHH is pulling out the Vinny Mac "gotta keep myself somewhat in it." approach, which can work if they do enough build up, HHH neds to drop the suit pull out his leather/jean jacket and get back to being "The Game" if he's going to make this feud with Brock work! On that same hand, if they want to make Brock the badass UFC guy then he shouldn't job to Cena and then HHH, I mean WWE just basically made it look like Cena could whoop half the UFC when they let him beat Brock... not a good move in my opinion. Put Cena out on Injury, build Brock and have another match later! Ya know?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I agree on the Cena point, but not on the Triple H one. If anything, him being COO only helps this feud in that he has a loose cannon on his hands and is going to solve it the only way he knows how, and that is in the ring. And to unleash his inner Cerebral Assassin doesn't necessarily call for him to revert back to his jean jacket an leather pants, because just like when he was feuding with Punk and then with Taker, he showed that he can be just as intense in his three-piece suit. It needs to be a focal point of this feud that Brock is a threat to Trips' business and that Hunter needs to eliminate him to maintain the company that he's running. Which he does, in a suit.

Plus, what would this feud be worth is Trips didn't get pissed off, loosen his tie, and remove his jacket once or twice?