Royal Rumble WWE Edits Out Seth Rollins Mentioning SPOILER in Surprise Royal Rumble Entrants Video

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

El Curry

Kids See Ghosts
Reaction score
As we noted earlier today, WWE released a video, which you can watch below, featuring WWE superstars offering their picks on who they would like to see as surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble.

One of the picks featured Seth Rollins speculating that Kenny Omega might appear in the match given his current NJPW status. WWE has uploaded the same video to YouTube, and has since edited the Rollins bit out of the video.

In addition to the video, for a brief time today WWE.com and the WWE App also made mention of Omega in the title of the video, but those mentions have been removed as well.

Strange I don't see why WWE would remove a harmless comment like that unless it's a whole "HEY they might search this Kenny guy up and start watching NJPW" and we know WWE don't care about that stuff anymore so I have no clue it isn't like NJPW would sue them or anything his name was mentioned for like 5 seconds. I never took any of the new about him appearing in the RR seriously, but this is strange.

Ps - I don't see this as a spoiler in anyway, but people can get irritated because if he does actually show up they may complain for already finding out.

The video has since been re uploaded (without Seth in it)

WWE Pulls Seth Rollins' Kenny Omega Mention From Surprise Royal Rumble Entrants Video

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that even if the WWE wanted Omega for/in the rumble...
he already has a booking confirmed in Chile for the Rumble weekend...making it basically
impossible for him to even make the Rumble.

And I'm not surprised the WWE would edit out Seth mentioning a superstar from
another company or promotion. The WWE don't want to give any rival promotions
or their performers free press...which I think is a smart business move on their part.

The WWE will promote Omega when he works for them...not before...and I'd guess
not after either.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I dunno. It's not unusual for WWE to remove references to wrestlers who are under contract to other promotions. Even when they acknowledge the existence of the other promotions, they don't mention the names of the wrestlers currently under contract to those promotions.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Strange I don't see why WWE would remove a harmless comment like that unless it's a whole "HEY they might search this Kenny guy up and start watching NJPW" and we know WWE don't care about that stuff anymore so I have no clue it isn't like NJPW would sue them or anything his name was mentioned for like 5 seconds. I never took any of the new about him appearing in the RR seriously, but this is strange.

Ps - I don't see this as a spoiler in anyway, but people can get irritated because if he does actually show up they may complain for already finding out.

The video has since been re uploaded (without Seth in it)

WWE Pulls Seth Rollins' Kenny Omega Mention From Surprise Royal Rumble Entrants Video

New Japan could and would tell WWE to remove the mention if they feel like the WWE are using one of their guys to market an event.

Omega is by his own word, by the word of the New Japan president and Tokyo Sports, locked in with New Japan long term

El Curry

Kids See Ghosts
Reaction score
New Japan could and would tell WWE to remove the mention if they feel like the WWE are using one of their guys to market an event.

Omega is by his own word, by the word of the New Japan president and Tokyo Sports, locked in with New Japan long term
Ah yes you're right I didn't think about them using Omegas name to promote the event! 100% agree

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Them removing Seth's Kenny Omega comments is probably just them not wanting to advertise a NJPW person after their owner practically declared war against WWE. So I don't think much of it.

And, tbh, I think if I have this mindset, I'd mark out even harder if he would debut. Had that mindset for AJ and some people here can attest to how much I flipped out...
I was squealing with joy...

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
... number 3 has been the mind fuck entrant the past 2 years... eh everyone is probably right tho why it was removed. But- if it happens, if Kenny Omega enters at number 3 or any other number, wins... and winds up in the main event of wresltemania in a huge shocker that nobody knows about... I will strangle my roommate in excitement, randomly propose marriage to a hot chic, donate a kidney, and go on a trip around the world.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
They had it removed because Omega WILL appear at the Rumble and that Chile appearance the day before the Rumble is just a work, obviously.

All joking aside, it's better that they had it removed 'cause they probably don't want any legal issues with NJPW.

And yeah, I'd mark out if he debuted, too, but he's better off in NJPW for now.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Omega is freaking trolling everyone, he signed someone's paper which had a WWE logo on it and wrote "#30", either that or whoever posted that is trolling, idk. But even though this is unlikely, it is fucking great how everyone is getting so excited for the rumble like this.