WWE Changes Name Of Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal because of Snickers of Fan Backlash Though

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Source: WWE Changes Name Of Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal - WrestlingInc.com

So basically WWE has being doing a Woman Revolution where there now having matchest that only Men would be in that Woman will have that own match now. Example are the Woman Hell In The Cell, Woman Elimination Chamber, and most Recently the Woman Royal Rumble. So with the WrestleMania Andre the Giant Battle Royal that be going on for 4 Year now it was only time for WWE to make a WrestleMania Woman Battle Royal. However in light of this past Monday Night Raw Broadcast that announce now only this WrestleMania Woman Battle Royal for WrestleMania 34 but it would be name after the Fabulous Moolah the 1st ever NWA/WWE Woman Champion who held the title for 28 Years from 1956-1984 (NWA "National Wrestling Alliance" Woman Champion when her Reign Started as WWE was not Created until 1963 as the WWWF at the time, 1984 she join WWE/F and sold the right to the title to WWE/F and the title was rename however reigns was still recognize by WWE/F that she had held since 1956) so as you can see she is often called the "1st Woman of Pro Wrestling". So it easy to name her after this because of this as well as all the other title runs she had after words how she was the 1st Woman Wrestler to be put in the WWE Hall of Fame. But it not that sample. Though The Fabulous Moolah was a house hold name in the wrestling industry she also like alot of info is coming out today about people has alot of "Dirty Laundry".

So like I said on Raw this Monday that did a promo about this match here it is since WWE is now hiding it from people:

"Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal For Wrestlemania 34 : Raw, 12 March 2018"

In this promo it talk how great she was and woman title run how she was the 1st female in the WWE Hall of Fame, that I talk about early. But what it also talking about is how she TRAIN Woman Wrestler in a Wrestling School. Which that is the BIG reason alot of fan where piss. And after further research this myself since I did not know the full story this whole issue people where taking about, what I found maybe very disturbing to some people.

Basically people calling Moolah a "pimp". This claim is based on accounts by multiple women who worked for her, including Luna Vachon and Mad Maxine. From what I look up it seems that when Moolah was booking women’s wrestling beginning in the late 1950s and extensively in the 1960s which in those days sending a couple of women to a territory to put on a single women’s match on an otherwise male card. The women Moolah sent would sometimes be expected to have sex with the promoter, or other men in the organization. I also seen people talk about her Wrestling School and she did not trained anyone, and let other people do for her and not give then correct training because she did not wanted then to become a bigger star then her. According to Mad Maxine, trainees had to pay rent and utilities to live in barracks on Moolah’s compound, as well as paying up to $1,500 in training fees.

So that basically the short side there story. More can be found WWE Is Right To Not Memorialize The Fabulous Moolah here.

So with this 1 Day Ago WWE who had that comment disabled WWE Appears To Take Notice Of Fabulous Moolah Backlash, Why WWE Doesn't Have A Physical Hall Of Fame - SEScoops on the tweet for Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal and the petition with over 10,000 Sig Sign the Petition that was not enough to do it. By the FANS!

It was not until Snickers WrestleMania Lead Sponsor Found out about it and mad there point known to WWE saying the follwing:

“We were recently made aware of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc’s (WWE) decision to honor a former wrestler during the upcoming WrestleMania 34 event. As a principle-based business that has long championed creating inclusive environments that encourage and empower everyone to reach their full potential, this is unacceptable. We are engaging with the WWE to express our disappointment”

About 2 hours after statement was made Snickers the Battle Royal was change to the "WrestleMania Woman Battle Royal"

“After further consideration, we believe it’s best to proceed with the name ‘WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal.’
What remains most important is that this historic match is part of WWE’s unwavering commitment to the Women’s Division.”

Steph McMahon even came out and tweet the issue:

Snickers after hearing news said this: “We are very pleased that WWE has decided to proceed with the name ‘WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal.’”

So your probably wondering why would I go so far with this right? Well about 6 Month ago WWE also name an award after the Ultimate Warrior WWE's 'Unleash Your Warrior' for cancer who is the same guy who wish Bobby "The Brain" Heenan that he should get cancer which Heenan ending up DIEING OF! The Fan backlash about this NOTHING happen!

WWE when around by saying where talking about the "Character" not the person.

WWE is Whitewashing The Ultimate Warrior's Bigoted Past

Media Outlet Looks At Ultimate Warrior's Past Controversial Comments, WWE And Dana Warrior Respond - WrestlingInc.com

Oh but no sponsor mad so it "ok" for WWE to keep not listen to paying customers fans and keep it this.

What I found it more BS that now there on good term with the Jim Hellwig who yes legal changes his name to the "Warrior" (Yes this is REAL) for copyright issue with WWE back when that where on bad terms. Now WWE is trying to rewrite the history on how "good" the Ultimate Warrior was. Well guess what he was a good character but he was NOT A GOOD person and that being nice. Let forget about him being fire by WWE 3 TIMES and and 1 Time with WCW! A Total a 4 times being fired from a wrestling company! Forget what he said about wishing cancer on people. He made rude comments about people in bad lights almost ever change he got when he was being interview and the most important thing he said was this:

“Nothing subject to moral relativity is left out between these two extremes,” Warrior said during a public speaking appearance at the University of Connecticut. “That the bum is as legitimate as the businessman. That homosexuals and homosexuality (Crowd Member: Oh Jesus) Don’t have an orgasm on me honey. Let me phrase this correctly, let me come down off my politically correct horse. That queers are as legitimate as homosexuals. (Crowd Member: How are they not?) Because queering doesn’t make the world work.” Warrior or Jim Helwig

How dare he said this.

Here more on this Fabulous Moolah’s name is gone from WrestleMania, but what about The Ultimate Warrior?

Look I not taking anything away from what Fabulous Moolah or what Ultimate Warrior did in the Wrestling Ring that did great thing for Wrestling but it VERY sicking me that seeing how sponsor is what took to get someone name removed over take the fans word and then trying to hide disable comments or try to used character excuse of the person you seen on TV.

So what have we learn today well don't go to WWE go to there sponsor to get name remove off of things.

But yes sorry this is long but that what I got to said about this. And I will end this with CM Punk you take it away...

Pipe-Bomb-cm-punk-29763174-500-225.gif

Last edited:

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm glad that they changed the name. I mean, I don't think they would have bothered as much if Snickers wouldn't have come through with that statement, as it's one of their bigger sponsors over the past couple of years, but it is what it is now.

About the Warrior thing, the entire concept of the Warrior Award is a bunch of nonsense anyways because Warrior himself pitched an award for the people behind the scenes of the product you usually don't hear about. Like camera men who've been with the company for several decades or writers/bookers/ring crews and the list goes on and on. Yet when he passed away, WWE saw an opportunity to support their own image by making this yet another "charitable contribution".
Warrior was an intense person with his own beliefs and opinions which he wasn't scared of putting out into the public, but he never intentionally or directly ruin lives like Moolah did. So I don't see a major problem in honoring his gimmick rather than the bitter person he was behind the face paint but the only thing I will take offense to is when they use his name for the Susan J Komen thing (which is a scam in the first place) despite his cruel remarks towards Bobby Heenan and saying that he deserved his battle with cancer. Once again tho, I more so blame Dana Warrior for that one as she's the one milking his name for all it's worth, even if he himself wouldn't have believed in it

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Although i don't necessarily believe everything said about Moolah because nothing was proven, i'm glad they changed it just to satisfy everyone.. If someone has a reputation like that regardless if it's true, you shouldn't pay tribute to them in anyway talking about them like they're a saint.

The Warrior award is a bunch of bullshit. WWE doesn't care about any of these people, they're acknowledging them for good publicity, just like they have the celebrity wing for main stream attention.. WWE has proven that's all they care about anymore.. Watching the Kid Rock video on Monday, you would think Jesus Christ himself is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
I'm glad that they changed the name. I mean, I don't think they would have bothered as much if Snickers wouldn't have come through with that statement, as it's one of their bigger sponsors over the past couple of years, but it is what it is now.

About the Warrior thing, the entire concept of the Warrior Award is a bunch of nonsense anyways because Warrior himself pitched an award for the people behind the scenes of the product you usually don't hear about. Like camera men who've been with the company for several decades or writers/bookers/ring crews and the list goes on and on. Yet when he passed away, WWE saw an opportunity to support their own image by making this yet another "charitable contribution".
Warrior was an intense person with his own beliefs and opinions which he wasn't scared of putting out into the public, but he never intentionally or directly ruin lives like Moolah did. So I don't see a major problem in honoring his gimmick rather than the bitter person he was behind the face paint but the only thing I will take offense to is when they use his name for the Susan J Komen thing (which is a scam in the first place) despite his cruel remarks towards Bobby Heenan and saying that he deserved his battle with cancer. Once again tho, I more so blame Dana Warrior for that one as she's the one milking his name for all it's worth, even if he himself wouldn't have believed in it

@SWL The Warrior Award is not really that much of a big deal since that turn into something he did not wanted it to be. And was something I think is a good award to have. But the The point of this thread was not to show who more evil or who should be hall of fame enough to have an award or match name after them. But how the fact WWE will take any heat that get to keep something the fans don't wanted. If it had not been for Snickers it would STILL be Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal. Which prove WWE does take what best for there fans it only about what that wanted. WWE would have said the something about Fabulous Moolah that said about Ultimate Warrior for Moolah claiming it the "Character" not the person. And it BS that cancer award is name after him for the shit he said.