WWE Brand Split - Should it stay or should it go?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should WWE end the brand split?

• Total voters

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
1664644505970.png

So, in recent weeks more and more wrestlers have appeared on the show they technically aren't a part of.

That has led to speculation that the brand split could be over very soon with everyone eligible to appear on both RAW and SmackDown?

What do you think of this and what would it mean for the titles?

Personally, I much prefer fewer titles as it adds so much more value and I think that has been seen with Reigns and The Usos.

WWE has a relatively small roster as well so it would help them on that front. Anyway, I'm intrigued as to what you people think and how you would ideally like it?

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
As the famous line in a very popular Disney movie states, "let it go". It just needs to go away. The "main event" players have gone down in recent years with people retiring, leaving, or really just not being developed. So the only way to keep entertaining rivalries fresh is just to end it really.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm fine with it sticking around, just a couple of changes. Instead of drafting the whole roster, just draft X amount of people to have as exclusives to that show only, then let everybody else float around. 1 Men and Womens world title per show, IC & US on seperate shows then let the Men and Womens Tag champions float freely.

Reactions: Rosie

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I'm not sure I like the halfway house idea. I think it needs to be one way or the other.

I think if there is a split then it needs to be hard and under no circumstances you go to both shows - having said that they can't do that with the one main champion. I actually think I like that though.

As you can tell I'm indecisive on this one. :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I don't know if I have a real preference myself bc I think both ways can be done well and there's benefits to both

Historically since 2002, I'd say the product always got better when they started saying fuck the draft (as long as you ignore the bitch in your ear complaining they aren't following their draft)

And also it's ridiculous to do a full draft every single year and never even stick to it for longer than a few months or sometimes even a few weeks for flimsy reasons

Reactions: Vegeta

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm not sure I like the halfway house idea. I think it needs to be one way or the other.

I think if there is a split then it needs to be hard and under no circumstances you go to both shows - having said that they can't do that with the one main champion. I actually think I like that though.

As you can tell I'm indecisive on this one. :lol
I see it as a best of both worlds. The networks should be happy because they have their exclusive people to tune into their show for and I feel like it satisfies the fans by almost ending the brand split.

Reactions: Order

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Pro brand split tbh and pro 2 world champs but that's just my thoughts

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
As the famous line in a very popular Disney movie states, "let it go". It just needs to go away. The "main event" players have gone down in recent years with people retiring, leaving, or really just not being developed. So the only way to keep entertaining rivalries fresh is just to end it really.
I knew you would be the first one in here, I knew it!

Yeah I say keep the brand split, I'm always for showcasing more talent and stories instead of the same talent dominating two shows a week, I remember Brand Split-less Smackdown in like 2014 and it was nothing but repeating the matches on RAW, it might as well have been a recap show.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Nah it's fine that way.

Crash

Reaction score
Yes, if they are going to unify both world titles and both tag titles, there's no reason to keep the brand split.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I knew you would be the first one in here, I knew it!

Yeah I say keep the brand split, I'm always for showcasing more talent and stories instead of the same talent dominating two shows a week, I remember Brand Split-less Smackdown in like 2014 and it was nothing but repeating the matches on RAW, it might as well have been a recap show.
LOL, why. I can't remember a time we've ever discussed this.

Adapting

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Nah, it should stay. For one, the draft is probably one of my more favorite WWE episodes and it makes for a more cleaner product.

Personally, I much prefer fewer titles as it adds so much more value and I think that has been seen with Reigns and The Usos.
Hogging the titles*

WWE has a relatively small roster as well so it would help them on that front.
Not anymore tbh, more wrestlers are returning under HHH.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I once wanted it to go. And I mean end as soon as possible. That is when Vince McMahon was running things. However, since he is gone and both of the shows has been double fun to watch. No thank you. Keep it. I love the idea of fantasy matching especially on a rare pay per view when you see both rosters fighting one another. You will be seeing them both at both Royal Rumble Matches. It's fine the way it is now.

I wouldn't change a thing except one thing. The presentation of the actually draft 2 days. Make them mean more and have more impactful decisions. Have the talent act like the ones before them in 2002 did.

Example on what I mean is that. If Roman Reigns somehow gets drafted to Raw. Then have him cut a promo on the actually show. If you have someone from the woman's roster like Bayley, Bianca or even Becky gets drafted to SD, do the same and make a huge vow to the new locker that they have been warned.

Make it fun. The more fun and good changes the better the whole presentation would be.

Joey Bananas

Reaction score
I would say to keep the brand split and enforce it strictly with separate General Managers and hell, bring back branded PPVs (PLEs?). However, in doing so you would either need to elevate one of the mid-card titles to a main event one or, get one of the titles off of Reigns.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think you already have a packed roster if you kill the split it's more guys without tv time

Reactions: Stellar