WWE already running out of ideas for Brodus Clay?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I hold nothing against Clay for the gimmick so I do admire him for running with it. I just wasn't entertained by so I'm going to secretly hope to myself that when returns, it's with a gimmick change... ;)

I liked the gimmick and the dancing, and Clay's dedication to it. On paper I thought it would have been a total trainwreck, which it actually was, but it grew on me quickly. I just appreciate the entertainment factor and secretly, another reason why I loved it so much is that I could always stick it in the face of anti-TNA people who have the audacity to call Impact a circus when Clay is dancing and Natalya is farting over on SD.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I liked the gimmick and the dancing, and Clay's dedication to it. On paper I thought it would have been a total trainwreck, which it actually was, but it grew on me quickly. I just appreciate the entertainment factor and secretly, another reason why I loved it so much is that I could always stick it in the face of anti-TNA people who have the audacity to call Impact a circus when Clay is dancing and Natalya is farting over on SD.
You've got a good point there, Brodus was making WWE look silly in comparison to iMPACT! Wrestling's characters! :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You've got a good point there, Brodus was making WWE look silly in comparison to iMPACT! Wrestling's characters! :lol:

I'll take anything that makes Impact look better by comparison. The fact that I liked the gimmick was more of a bonus. It's the same reason I laughed at Hornswoggle winning the Battle Royal a couple of months back. I just sat back and said, "at least TNA would never do anything stupid like that." It's a nice feeling actually.

DD

Reaction score
They are just focusing on the serious stuff right now as its mania time. I won't be surprised if he gets a much bigger push after mania. It's also been reported that Vince also feels he is too one dimensional in the ring. Can't say I disagree.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
They are just focusing on the serious stuff right now as its mania time. I won't be surprised if he gets a much bigger push after mania. It's also been reported that Vince also feels he is too one dimensional in the ring. Can't say I disagree.

The shift to the 'Mania build is another major reason why he's off for the time being, or at least I think so. They need to focus as much time as possible hyping their Super Bowl and Clay would really just be lost in the shuffle right now.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
In the immortal words of Jamie Dukes, (only he was referring to Eli Manning), I BELIEVE in Brodus. Even though a lot of people see his current disposition as lame, a lot of people dig it. And it's fresh, funky, and most of all it's WWE thinking outside of the box. I mean, as much as folks like to bitch and holler about WWE and their vanilla gimmicks, I assumed some people would dig a gimmick that is like no one else's in the WWE. It reminds me of the good old Attitude Era days where all the wrestlers were recognizable by their characters. Now we can look at guys like Brodus and be like, "he's the Funkasaurus" instead of saying "he's one of the six super heavyweight monsters on the roster"

And truthfully, I don't see why they'd make it so that he has to continue to train when you've got abominations of wrestlers like Khali and Henry running around also. I mean, I don't think they should send Henry down either, but if Mark has managed to get over on limited abilities and just his persona, I know Clay can get over with equal mobility and even more girth!

Khali can go get fired though, I don't even want to see him. He was just an example.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I can understand it tbth.

I mean if they don't have any serious plans for him this time of year besides "squash lower midcarders" then it's better he's not around.

Tell you what though, as one of those who felt this wouldn't do a lot for Brodus, well......

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Brodus is returning to action at tonight's raw live event

The Viper

Reaction score
I swear to God, if he's got a gimmick that's completely different from the Funkasaurus, I will mark out like a little girl.

That should be his thing. Bring him in under a different gimmick every other month.

Sent from my trusty HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I swear to God, if he's got a gimmick that's completely different from the Funkasaurus, I will mark out like a little girl.

That should be his thing. Bring him in under a different gimmick every other month.

I suggested as much awhile back and think it would be unbelievably awesome!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The funkasaurus is awesome for fuck sake. I hope his gimmick never changes

The Viper

Reaction score
I suggested as much awhile back and think it would be unbelievably awesome!

Oh yeah, dude. Its a fantastic idea. Unfortunately, it seems that some people got too attached to the Funkasaurus gimmick so the new one would get hate immediately.

But, I don't care about what other people think so that shit would be awesome!!!

CrimsonTide

Reaction score

What would you like for him to come back as?

The Viper

Reaction score
What would you like for him to come back as?

I'm not sure. I'm not a part of the WWE Creative team. I'm sure if they were EVER gonna do that, they would figure out something.

Although, I do think that it would have to be something completely different from his Funkasaurus gimmick.