Royal Rumble WWE advertisement suggests the RR winner will be from RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Screenshot-2017-12-27-at-7.33.42-AM.jpg

The Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, which will host SmackDown's Fastlane pay-per-view on March 11, 2018, apparently spoiled the show's main event (and the outcome of the Royal Rumble match) with its advertisement for Fastlane's WWE title match:

See your favorite WWE Smackdown Superstars in action live including:

WWE CHAMPION - AJ STYLES VS RANDY ORTON VS SHINSUKE NAKAMURA VS KEVIN OWENS VS SAMI ZAYN IN A FATAL FIVE WAY MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Although the bout has yet to be officially confirmed by WWE, this latest spoiler seems to have continued the trend of WWE inadvertently (or perhaps purposely) telegraphing the outcome of some of the company's biggest storylines. Back in November, DirecTV ads prematurely revealed that we'd be getting The Shield vs. The New Day at Survivor Series while just this month WWE announced Sami Zayn for the upcoming Mixed Match Challenge tournament, essentially spoiling the fact that Zayn would be winning his Clash of Champions match in order to avoid being "fired."

The Nationwide Arena's announcement not only gives us a clear indication of where SmackDown's top stars are headed (and really, there's not much change there), but it also suggests the blue brand won't have a Royal Rumble winner this year.

Read more : WWE Advertisement Suggests The Royal Rumble Winner Won't Be From SmackDown

So yeah... This is a bit strange. Thoughts?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Arenas always have to say what is going to be on the card with the necessary caveat of "Card Subject to Change". And just because there is a title match between the Rumble match and WM for one brand doesn't necessarily mean the winner of the Rumble match can't be from that brand. Remember when Undertaker had to defend his WHC in the Elimination Chamber and Shawn Michaels cost him the match, leading to Michaels/Undertaker II and Jericho/Edge for the WHC? We might have something similar happen here.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Arenas always have to say what is going to be on the card with the necessary caveat of "Card Subject to Change". And just because there is a title match between the Rumble match and WM for one brand doesn't necessarily mean the winner of the Rumble match can't be from that brand. Remember when Undertaker had to defend his WHC in the Elimination Chamber and Shawn Michaels cost him the match, leading to Michaels/Undertaker II and Jericho/Edge for the WHC? We might have something similar happen here.

Yeah this could be the case. I never understood prematurely advertising like this anyways.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think they have to have a program set under the law. I remember reading about it somewhere on a different wrestling discussion website. But I wouldn't complain if that was the match they actually have at Fastlane, it sounds fun.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Now I am reading they are planning on Smackdown will be coming out on top.