World War III?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Earlier today North Korea decided to bomb a small South Korean island near the border killing two South Korea marines and injuring eighteen others. South Korea were performing an artillery exercise in their own country and soon after the missiles started landing on the island. This is right up there with the worst incident between the nations since the Korean War in the early 50's.

North Korea are really pushing their luck and soon something is going to snap. North Korea will go to far and then everyone else will get invovled. China must be involved trying to calm North Korea down and explaining to them that what they are doing is stupid. If North Korea did launch a full attack on South Korea then the US would automatically get involved since they are very close allies. Then I would assume that most of the US allies would follow them in. Russia would probably stand back and decide not to waste their money and will let others fight it out. China's reaction would be very interesting if something like this were to happen, they are pretty close with North Korea but are also starting to become closer to the rest of the world.

Within the next five years, certainly before Kim Jong Il hangs up the boots, I can see a serious international incident happening. This episodes have been happening in rising frequency in recent years and eventually something really, really bad will happen. North Korea have nuclear weapons so it could get ugly very fast.

What do you think about the Korean situation? Do you think it could turn into WW3?

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
This is really interesting to hear this, KFC. I never knew about anything like this. This is actually interesting to see that US will have to get involved because of Allies, resulting in a China vs. USA war. Very serious issue that I hope doesn't come to fruition.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't think the world economy could even survive another war right now. For the sake of the economic tide worldwide, I doubt China will let North Korea act like the temper tantrum throwing 3 year old its seems to act like.

But a Korean war does have its benefits...........They could bring back M*A*S*H

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I also hope that China will step in and prevent anything serious happening, I also don't think that China would back North Korea since it would seriously impact it's trading abilities with the rest of the world. South Korea have already stepped up border protection so that if the North do strike they can respond immediately. Supposedly this was the first time civilian land was shelled since the Korea War. I still think that this rising tension is all to do with Kim Jong Il nearing the end, he recently announced his youngest son as his successor and he is in ill health, so I think that he will want to do something big before he goes. South Korea and the US performing War Games near the border never helps as the North have a serious trigger finger issue and react immediately whenever anyone gets close.

Another war would be a huge financial drain, among many other more horrible things, to add on to the others that are already currently going on. I hope that nothing happens but things keep getting more and more serious between the two countries.

They should send Alan Alda to mediate discussions between the two leaders.

EDIT: I forgot to add this in, it is too hilarious and sad to not post;

Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and potential presidential candidate was asked about the conflict between North and South Korea.

"Obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies," she said.

Her interviewer pointed out that in fact, it's South Korea, not Kim Jong-il's North Korea, that is the US's ally.

I can't believe she could make such a dumb mistake. Slip of the tongue but still as a politician you should be a good public speaker and shouldn't make dangerous mistakes like that. Can't believe that she was in the running to be VP of the US, imagine if McCain had died and she was President. That reminds me of an R.E.M. song that was released by them on their Document album.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't think its none of the U.S's business to be quite honest. They are not the world police, they have their own shit to deal with. North Korean and South Korean matters should be handled by Koreans. China has a stake in this, because they deal with both sides. It doens't mean they will be forced to pick one.

Sarah Palin's opinions should be excluded from any real conversation. I like how the Republican slogans were about how the adults are back in charge, when they act like spoiled kids who don't want to listen to anyone so they put their fingers in their ears screaming lalalalalalallala I'm not listening.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The US has a stake in this as they have been heavily involved in everything there since the Korean War. They were part of it then and have been helping to patrol the DMZ zone ever since. Plus they regularly do military exercises with South Korea near the border which has been part of the issue with North Korea and China. I am 100% sure that the US will come to South Korea's aid if they were attacked. Even though the US aren't the world police, and no one country should be that is what the UN is for, they have acted that way for many decades now. Unfortunately for them they have so many issues at home to deal with and they can't really afford to deal with three major wars at once nor should they have to.