Who? Never Heard of Them... I'm Starting to Feel Old. I Dislike Today's Pop Culture.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Guano

Reaction score
It seems like more and more everyday that I'm becoming completely unaware of today's pop culture and the things people are into now a days. It doesn't bother me, but it seems to bother a lot of people that I am completely unaware of most of today's pop culture. I honestly couldn't name anything that plays on the radio, because all the songs sound the same and honestly couldn't tell the difference between songs. It's rare when I hear a song/musician/band that I actually enjoy listening to. There seem to be a lot of people interested in Jersey Shore or at least where I live, but I honestly don't know what people see in that show because it seems redundant and idiotic. I'm not trying to complain. I've simply realized that I'm starting to feel old, because I'm not into most of the things people seem to be interested in now a days. I'm honestly hate today's pop culture, because I'm not interested in hearing songs that sound completely computer generated and nor am I interested in watching reality television shows. I enjoy listening to old, honest music where you can hear the raw talent of a singer and his/her passion for the song. As for television I hardly ever watch television except for cartoons, so, I don't think I'm missing much. Perhaps, I'm weird or one of the old farts that people hear about. Anyways, that leads me to my question,

"What's your opinion on today's pop culture?"

Reactions: 1 person

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Re: Who? Never Heard of Them... I'm Starting to Feel Old. I Dislike Today's Pop Cultu

Don't care, I stick to the shit I know. Jersey Shore is garbage television.

Pete

Reaction score
Re: Who? Never Heard of Them... I'm Starting to Feel Old. I Dislike Today's Pop Cultu

Guano, I'm guessing you're around my age? I feel the same.

The difference is, I don't really care to fit in anymore. I wear whatever, listen to whatever, play whatever. Sometimes an artist on the radio has a catchy tune, and I might have it on my MP3 for a while (it happened with Price Tag, Wonderman, Bad Romance, among others), but the records I actively hunt down and purchase are either physically from the 70's/80's/90's/early 2000's, or their sound is a throwback to that time.

Also, I only watch a couple of shows on TV (Scrubs, The Middle, want to watch Game of Thrones) and peripherally follow celebrity culture (i.e. when I see a headline about it in a page somewhere). We don't have Joysey Shawah here in the UK (thankfully!), but we do have The Only Way Is Essex and Geordie Shore (YES GEORDIE SHORE!!!) which are just as bad, unfortunately. Oh, and we do have Pop Idol and Britain's Got Talent and X-Factor, which are Simon Cowell vehicles one and all. Needless to say, I make a point to avoid them.

We're old bro :) But that's not such a bad thing.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

You're like 25 years old.... -_-

Pete

Reaction score

27 next month, thank you, young man.

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score

The difference is, I don't really care to fit in anymore. I wear whatever, listen to whatever, play whatever.

^^^ exactly what i do .

Even thought , i may not be that old ( 20 ) but i never follow today pop culture . Other than Pro.wrestling and cricket sometimes , i never watch TV . I use to be one of those crazy trend followers that must not have anything which doesnot follow todays fashion . But then after my 18th birthday and i started to change and started hating todays materialistic society . I never buy Over priced branded clothes or shoes . I wear what i want to wear and do i want to do . I feel sorry for guys who waste money buying shit just to follow fashion and look how advertising tell them to look .

As for music , that the reason i listen to underground rappers , which are far more talented both in rapping and in lyrics than the likes of Lil wayne , drake , Wiz khalifa e.t.c.. All the mainstream music is about Bitches , money and Weed . I dont really hate this types of music but every song about these topic just shows , how much creativity has left in mainstream music .

Pete

Reaction score

LOL the guy who posted the weed thread and boasts about picking up girls says he doesn't like to hear songs about that... ironic :p

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score

LOL the guy who posted the weed thread and boasts about picking up girls says he doesn't like to hear songs about that... ironic :p

I dont really hate this types of music but every song about these topic just shows , how much creativity has left in mainstream music .

I hope this clears out the confussion

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

I had this problem long ago, around the time "Grunge" started. Today, I actually find myself watching shows like TMZ(but where else can I go to see Stacy Keibler daily), Hell's Kitchen, & all those shows that spawned off of Antiques Roadshow.

I also cant say I hate Jersey Shore, only for the reason of it gave South Park 30 minutes of material, and it makes the new Beavis & Butt-head episodes.

I could care less if a show is being watched by millions, or by a small handful of loyal viewers. I watch, support, & collect independant movies such as Troma Entertainment, and I watch Game of Thrones & The Walking Dead like its a religion.