When did you start feeling old for the 1st time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Title says it all...

I know I'm not real old but I feel like I'm almost getting old. I'm 33 & pretty depressed recently.

Having especially rough time tonight. Little bit of a buzz on, watching Smashing Pumpkins concert on YouTube with Nirvana & then Corgan announces "This is 1999" and I realize this seemed so current & the faces in the crowd so young but it's 21 years ago & those faces are 40/45/50 now... really hurts

All the stuff that seemed so amazing seems like it went to waste and I don't understand anything new.

Starting to feel old & on top of it I'm no where near where I want to be in life & then there's the usual, everyone dying, family getting old, missing all your old friends

....Is there anyone who can share when they started getting older or some coping advice.

Thanks

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Title says it all...

I know I'm not real old but I feel like I'm almost getting old. I'm 33 & pretty depressed recently.

Having especially rough time tonight. Little bit of a buzz on, watching Smashing Pumpkins concert on YouTube with Nirvana & then Corgan announces "This is 1999" and I realize this seemed so current & the faces in the crowd so young but it's 21 years ago & those faces are 40/45/50 now... really hurts

All the stuff that seemed so amazing seems like it went to waste and I don't understand anything new.

Starting to feel old & on top of it I'm no where near where I want to be in life & then there's the usual, everyone dying, family getting old, missing all your old friends

....Is there anyone who can share when they started getting older or some coping advice.

Thanks
33?! Why your still Young, Moe! But I can sympathize with what u said. I'm only 28. Just turned 28. Don't even have my own life started. Where as I look back and see all the friends I had in H.S already have their lives together and in order. Yeah, It does make me very sad at times. I feel oldish cause I'm still living at home with my Mom and Step dad while everyone else my Age is out and about able to explore around and do actual FUN things. I consider "Old" as being in your 80's.
[automerge]1577688248[/automerge]
??

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The stigma attached to age and "being old" is a mindset. If you take care of yourself (health-wise) and you stop focusing so much on the past, you won't need to worry about feeling old.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm 36 and I don't feel old at all.

People always think I am in my 20's, obviously I take that as a compliment, and they say to me 'whatever you are doing, it's working'. My honest advice I tell them is, if you just stay immature, you will never age. I don't do anything special. It's a mix of that and good genes. I don't 'adult' well. I still watch cartoons, play video games, make jokes, I don't dive in to the 'adult life' where people are stressing and feeling they need to do certain things because of their age. I am happily married and he is fairly immature as well. Have fun, stress less. Shit happens, getting mad and worrying wont help solve it.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
the only time i feel old is when I do activities where the majority of people are younger than I am. I'm only 25, not that old, but I feel like im at a decent age.
Fun fact, joined this site when I was 17.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
the only time i feel old is when I do activities where the majority of people are younger than I am. I'm only 25, not that old, but I feel like im at a decent age.
Fun fact, joined this site when I was 17.

Fun fact: I'm 34.

Anyone else?

P.s. lol ok, I appreciate the help. I wish I was 25. Advice not that you asked, you may be stressed but don't be, enjoy the next 5 to 10 years before you really stress

When you get older you're like why did I think that was an issue back then?

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
In my late twenties when I would play sports and was sore for more than a day after. Before that, one good nights sleep would heal me right up

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
In my late twenties when I would play sports and was sore for more than a day after. Before that, one good nights sleep would heal me right up
It's so funny I always thought that stuff didn't start happening until you are like 40 45. I hurt so much now lol I'm not even old ffs

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Fun fact: I'm 34.

Anyone else?

P.s. lol ok, I appreciate the help. I wish I was 25. Advice not that you asked, you may be stressed but don't be, enjoy the next 5 to 10 years before you really stress

oh this thread is asking for advice.

Being old isn't too bad, it only is if you compare yourself to others.
Like maybe 2 decades ago, people that are my current age were supposed to have their own apartment/house, a family, a decent job, etc.
I still live with my parents, am an entrepreneur so money is not always steady, single, etc.
Don't hold your life to societies standards cause they don't hold today and it's different for everyone. Time changes and we have to adapt to them, but you can't live day by day expecting things to get better, you have to go work for it too.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I realized this when I was like 25. So much of what I worried about and stressed over were mild inconveniences at best. Having gone through the process of getting married in a way no one I personally knew had any experience with adulted me right up. lol

I think it is more important in your 30's to ensure you are still having fun while being responsible. Your 20's are meant for mistakes and lessons.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm 28 and won't lie when I say even I make mistakes from time to time. We learn from our mistakes the older we get. (Hopefully SOME Young ppl would anyways)... These years just keep going by. There are days where I wish I was still a child where life was soo much simpler and not full of so many responsibilities. But now, the older I get the faster time flies.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I realized this when I was like 25. So much of what I worried about and stressed over were mild inconveniences at best. Having gone through the process of getting married in a way no one I personally knew had any experience with adulted me right up.

Oh it's crazy... I still do it. I was like why the heII was I complaining about this thing just last year. Things were great, NOW they're truly messed up

Stuff can always be worse

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Does it count that when I turned 29 I was both happy AND Sad?

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
I'm 24 years old. About three months away from being 25. I'd say I've felt old for a number of years, but especially this last year. I've never had more issues with my body when it comes to really physical work. For example, every time I unload the truck at my work, I always end up having to take a few Tylenol/Advil/Aleve the second I get home. Back/knee pain is a guarantee now. Didn't seem like I was having those issues a year ago. :p

Reactions: CM Punk