What's Next For Kenny Omega?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheOtherJR

The Artiste
Reaction score
After wrestling in one of the greatest matches of all time three days ago in the Tokyo Dome. Kenny Omega has only appeared twice on the social media.

One being in a video for The Elite's YT Channel, where he and The Young Bucks talked about the events that took place in Wrestle Kingdom 11 in comedy form.

And the second one via twitter with the following statement on his account:

This leaves me with a lot of questions, and I'm sure as hell that you guys have as well.

I have three scenarios that i would love to share with you:

1.Just A Time Off (And Back To NJPW): Kenny Omega represents a huge pile of money for NJPW. I mean c'mone, he speaks fluent japanese, has tons of charisma, and has constantly almost perfect matches. He could be easily the face of the company and i'm sure that he will be holding the big title soon enough. Hell, some of us thought that three days ago was the perfect time for them to pull the trigger.

2. Occident: Short and simple, ROH (And some other Indies) and Kenny know each other well, i don't see the problem if Kenny wants to keep his wrestling near his home.

3 (And the most bat-shit crazy one). WWE : After the tweet. Pretty sure that my boy Trips was looking for Ken's number on the phone book. I'm dreaming with another Bullet Club Member debuting in the Rumble.
Just imagine the feuds with Xavier Woods, or a revenge plan from A.J. Styles against him. My only problem with this option are related to the limitations on the promos and if Vince sends him to NXT.

I'm very excited to hear your opinions and thoughts down below.

Sorry for my english.

xoxo

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Number 2 is impossible. Kenny actually lives in Japan, there's absolutely no reason for him to leave NJPW to work american indies. I don't think him going to WWE is happening either. I think he's just taking a break, which makes sense from a kayfabe standpoint (the man gave absolutely everything he had in that main event and still came up short) although to really drive the point home maybe it would've been better not to have him fuck around with Scott Norton one day later. Also makes sense from a business standpoint to give the guy some rest now that SZKG is back and really hot until he returns.

For me the most interesting question is when and most importantly how he returns to New Japan. Does he come back at the NJ Cup and go on to win and get the belt already at SAKURA GENESIS? If MiSu wins the belt, does Omega come back to save NJ from these dastardly "invaders"? Will the Bullet Club remain the way it is without Kenny there? I'm very intrigued.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Omega is locked into a longterm deal with New Japan from what I have been able to piece together. Not to mention he lives in Japan as Leo said. Most likely he is taking a break and comes back some time in the spring/summer. It makes sense considering the results on the 4th and 5th

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Yeah definitely just a breather and he's gonna come back. I think he's gonna come back strong though.

Gives me time to catch up on his awesome matches.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The dude's most likely getting his well-deserved rest, I don't see him coming to WWE, tbh.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Cena posted this on his Instagram:
tumblr_ojh1fq7sQ71qlhou3o1_500.png

Cena could be trolling, and I know Omega lives in Japan and is unlikely he moves to the US, but the last time Cena posted something like this, Styles got signed. LOL

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

Cena could be trolling, and I know Omega lives in Japan and is unlikely he moves to the US, but the last time Cena posted something like this, Styles got signed. LOL

LOL I just made a thread for this... :aries:

:henry3:

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

You heard it from Cena first boys, number 3 in the 2017 Royal Rumble Kenny Omega baby!

Nah not really but I will laugh very hard after I go apeshit if that actually happens, I don't know what Omega will do but its like anyone who has been Bullet Club leader becomes a world wide star. Like to see Omega keep building a legacy then jumping to WWE.

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Wow I would totally flip if he got signed. But He'd have to be kinda crazy to leave Japan, it's basically where he lives and I believe he's got a nice long term contract with lots of $$$ and easier schedule.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I say, for now, stay in NJPW. He can be the IWGP Champ soon and can have a good run with the belt before seeing if there are options in WWE.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I say, for now, stay in NJPW. He can be the IWGP Champ soon and can have a good run with the belt before seeing if there are options in WWE.
Omega also has issues with WWE from his time in developmental.

Granted Bill DeMott is no longer employed but he still doesn't like them

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...just a question from someone who knows jack...

What makes this guy so special? I mean...I've never heard
of him or seen him wrestle...so why should I care if he comes
to the WWE?

Just curious...

Stopspot

Reaction score
So...just a question from someone who knows jack...

What makes this guy so special? I mean...I've never heard
of him or seen him wrestle...so why should I care if he comes
to the WWE?

Just curious...
One of the top stars in the second biggest company on the planet, arguably the greatest creative mind in wrestling from an in ring perspective, extremely athletic but at the same time a incredibly smart worker. Good promo, knows how to build and market himself. 1 of 2 men to receive a 6 star rating from Meltzer.

TLDR: He's one of the biggest, arguably the biggest English speaking wrestling stars not signed to the WWE now.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
One of the top stars in the second biggest company on the planet, arguably the greatest creative mind in wrestling from an in ring perspective, extremely athletic but at the same time a incredibly smart worker. Good promo, knows how to build and market himself. 1 of 2 men to receive a 6 star rating from Meltzer.

TLDR: He's one of the biggest, arguably the biggest English speaking wrestling stars not signed to the WWE now.
Okay...sounds like a big deal...
What's his in-ring style like? Using the current WWE roster as a guide...
Who would you compare him to?