Fastlane What if AJ Styles DOESN'T retain?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who would win the title in this scenario?

• Total voters

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
2959.jpg

With the Six Pack Challenge coming up with more time for SmackDown to make it 7,8,9 or 10 Pack Challenge for the championship in the coming weeks. I was wondering, what if the most obvious outcome - AJ retaining to have an epic match at WM doesn't happen.

What if someone beats AJ, with a new WWE Champion and a completely different matchup to the WK10 rematch we all want to see.

Out of the 5 others in the match, who do you think would win in this case? Would Cena cement his legacy with that record-breaking title win? Would Dolph be given another run? Do they think Corbin is ready or will it truly become the Sami and KO show with one of them winning it?

For all intent and purposes I hope this isn't the case and AJ retains and we get AJ vs Nakamura at WM but hey, I was bored and I like 'what if' scenarios

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Well they keep on being persistent about this Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Shane & Daniel story so I'll probably say Kevin (smug ass) wins the title or as they're playing it Sami & Kevin wins the title.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Well they keep on being persistent about this Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Shane & Daniel story so I'll probably say Kevin (smug ass) wins the title or as they're playing it Sami & Kevin wins the title.

Do you think that story needs the title though? I wouldn't be surprised to have KO win tbh. They both get good reactions from the crowd and it would open up some interesting matchups if they freebird the title lol.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Going with the wild card....
Ziggler. He can wrestle and him vs Nak would be a solid match.
I don't want to see it though, not for a title and not at WM.

Reactions: Death Walker

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Do you think that story needs the title though? I wouldn't be surprised to have KO win tbh. They both get good reactions from the crowd and it would open up some interesting matchups if they freebird the title lol.
No, I don't think that story is needed at all.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Going with the wild card....
Ziggler. He can wrestle and him vs Nak would be a solid match.
I don't want to see it though, not for a title and not at WM.

Yeah that is definitely the wild card, even though Corbin lost a cash in, Ziggler still seems like the most unlikely winner. While the match could be pretty sound it's got the 'been there done that' feel with Nak consistently beating Ziggler during his debut months. They'd need to really rework Ziggler into a character that basically 'steals' it at the end and then continues to go on that way till WM to have it be credible.

Hopefully that doesn't happen because it would be a very meh match still I think.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I do think Styles is winning, but if he doesn't... Realistically I see Cena as a strong number two, Zayn as a three, KO as four, Ziggler (bleh) as a five, and Corbin as the unlucky least likely position. Of the bottom five, I actually like Zayn the best, which would probably result in a fatal four between AJ, Nakamura, Zayn, and Owens

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I do think Styles is winning, but if he doesn't... Realistically I see Cena as a strong number two, Zayn as a three, KO as four, Ziggler (bleh) as a five, and Corbin as the unlucky least likely position. Of the bottom five, I actually like Zayn the best, which would probably result in a fatal four between AJ, Nakamura, Zayn, and Owens
Would be nice to have zayn win the title if it isnt styles.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
How do you think they would add the other two to the WM match?

On the following SDlive Zayn comes out and cuts a promo about winning the title and outcomes Nakamura who is disappointed about not wrestling AJ at Mania anymore. Then out comes AJ who has the bright Idea of invoking his rematch clause at Wrestle-Mania to make it a triple threat. Idk how to handle Owens in this situation, for him to be relevant in this scenario Zayn would have to win at his expense. Maybe pinning Owens himself or stealing Owens' victory (pushing him out of the way or something).

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Can't we just have Styles vs. Nakamura 1 on 1 at Wrestlemania?

That's the match everyone wants to see right?
Oh yeah, I think it's safe to say we all want that, this is more of a "worst case scenario" thing, kinda like "What if Nia beats Asuka"

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
"worst case scenario"
Well the worst case scenario would be Corbin vs. Ziggler for World title...
as we have seen that match SO MANY TIMES it isn't even funny at this
point.

I'd leave Styles vs. Nakamura for the World title...
Have Cena fight Rey Mysterio (Or Undertaker...whatever...I don't care)

And then I'd have a ladder match for U.S title...
Roode vs. Orton (If he will work a ladder match?) vs. Mahal vs. Corbin vs.
Ziggler vs. Owens vs. Zayn vs. Rusev...with Rusev claiming the title, reuniting
with Lana & turning Wrestlemania 34 into the true Rusev Day!

But what do I know?

God forbid the WWE books a great moment that the crowd would go crazy for...

Just keep pushing Roman Reigns & give the crowd(s) a reason to boo the piss
out of your product WWE.